Gul'dan Defeat Cinematic

What was that red portal for?

Connection to the Nether from where Sargeras resided, whose spirit would go into Illidan.

Most likely bringing for bringing Sargeras through using Illidan's body as some sort of conduit
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfred View Post
    What was that red portal for?
    More alternate reality or just Paladins that are saving the world once again

I dont think its Sargeras, especially considering if you watch the first few seconds you see the planet Argus then you see it fall into darkness. I believe it was a vision of the Future, Argus will be consumed by the Void Lords, who will be introduced as the *new* major antagonist of the series after we defeat the Legion in Argus.

This is speculation mind, but theres evidence to support this:

- The Tomb of Sargeras features Kil'jaeden as the final boss, its unlikley he will be the final boss for "two" raids in the same expansion, even if he was the final boss of TBC.
    - We 'are' going to Argus, considering Sargeras soul is floating around, its likely Illidan will take it and dominate it, using it to become leader of the burning legion.
    - The victory will be bitter-sweet as the Void Lords will arrive, an unkillable final raid boss will appear we can only wound to a certain point before being forced to flee the planet as Illidan finally understands the meaning of 'sacrifice' before destroying the planet to buy Azeroth time, cutting away the Tomb of Sargeras from Azeroth by preventing it being useable as a portal.
    - This may potentially lead to the end of WoW, but the beginning of Warcraft 4/WoW 2, or, lead to the end of WoW's main storyline, with future expansions being "filler" expansions like the great sea for a while in order to bridge the gap.

Thats my bet anyway.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    I dont think its Sargeras, especially considering if you watch the first few seconds you see the planet Argus then you see it fall into darkness. I believe it was a vision of the Future, Argus will be consumed by the Void Lords, who will be introduced as the *new* major antagonist of the series after we defeat the Legion in Argus.

This is speculation mind, but theres evidence to support this:

- The Tomb of Sargeras features Kil'jaeden as the final boss, its unlikley he will be the final boss for "two" raids in the same expansion, even if he was the final boss of TBC.
    - We 'are' going to Argus, considering Sargeras soul is floating around, its likely Illidan will take it and dominate it, using it to become leader of the burning legion.
    - The victory will be bitter-sweet as the Void Lords will arrive, an unkillable final raid boss will appear we can only wound to a certain point before being forced to flee the planet as Illidan finally understands the meaning of 'sacrifice' before destroying the planet to buy Azeroth time, cutting away the Tomb of Sargeras from Azeroth by preventing it being useable as a portal.
    - This may potentially lead to the end of WoW, but the beginning of Warcraft 4/WoW 2, or, lead to the end of WoW's main storyline, with future expansions being "filler" expansions like the great sea for a while in order to bridge the gap.

Thats my bet anyway.
    How on earth did you twist basic shit into void lords? He was summoning Sargeras, that's not even remotely debate able in any logical way whatsoever
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore