Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I know its been brought up already, but holy shit. Out of everything that has happened in this election, I think this is the one thing that's made me think "I MUST be living in the Twilight Zone"
    Until further notice, the Current Events section will only publish Post-Apocalyptic Fiction. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    About every Trump nominee falls into that category.
    Like appointing a SCJ during the previous administration with strong ties to a hispanic terrorist organization?

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I don't think its transphobic. Its liberalphobic. People are looking at the total package of liberal policies, and then the results, and drawing their own conclusions. There are plenty of people who look at the United States and see:

1. A country that was conservative in the 19th century and thrived.
    2. A country that adopted more liberal policies in the 20th and 21st century and begun to go downhill in terms of power and wealth.

Parents are afraid their kids won't have it as good as they did and they blame the overall liberal package of policies for this. They will adopt the entire conservative platform, warts and all, in an attempt to turn things around. If someone wants to pick part of that package as transphobic, that's completely missing the point of what voters are saying.

If you try to make the argument that their choices are transphobic, they will see you as tone-deaf, a liar, and not caring about what alarms them. I think the democrat party is having a huge struggle with this.

You've got to get off identity politics dude. Its killing the left.
    I'd like to meet these people who claim that the US was thriving during the civil war and reconstruction.

EDIT: In fact, this whole thing is absolutely confounding. Baby boomers had it so great because they inherited an amazing economy due to FDR's extremely liberal policies of major government spending to boost employment. A boomer could afford a home just from working those fast food jobs that those same people are now arguing shouldn't even be able to feed someone. And now their children have it so bad because their generation completely squandered it.
    Last edited by javen; 2017-01-19 at 05:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Like appointing a SCJ during the previous administration with strong ties to a hispanic terrorist organization?
    Errm... she was associated with a group that in general defended Puerto Ricans, and some Puerto Ricans were a member of a different group that was labeled terrorist. That's nothing like being 100% unqualified for your job.

Not only private sector will make more, but also people will end up with lackluster education 10 years from now. That's perfect for trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Considering that he has something like 9 thousand odd government positions to fill in just under 2 days, since pretty much every single person ever installed in a position by the Obama administration will be vacating offices on inauguration day, and considering that every indication seems to point to the fact that his transition team is woefully under prepared to fill huge swaths of them (many of them rather important), I think that is an understatement.

Unless the Trump Transition team has a miracle patch ready to roll out in 2 days, expect the shitshow that will be the Trump Government to make the worst MMO launch you can imagine look like a fucking smooth ride.
    Miracle patch or good marketing? This is a guy who still blames Hillary after election and has even taken credit for initial Christmas spending results, while ignoring the lower than projected actual results. Trump has proven that his success is in the image there of, not in actual substance.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post

1. A country that was conservative in the 19th century and thrived.
    2. A country that adopted more liberal policies in the 20th and 21st century and begun to go downhill in terms of power and wealth.
    How do these people measure power and wealth?
    Are they the same people who think US just turned 2017?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    I think donations had a part to play in this. it's no secret she is only where she is because of her families donations.
    Absolutely. It may very well be some combination of both. Hey lady you scratched our back and we didnt expect to win so we dont have anybody competent howd you like a job?
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    The real question is why did the teacher instantly recognise the nude model's name in order to be able to even be offended.

This nude model Sarah Jackson is so obscure I could not find her pictures...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Yeah, sorry, I don't recall that happening.

But deflect and strawman all you want.

I swear Trump supporters seem so adamant that they aren't being royally fucked over that they'll try any fallacy. Is it mental gymnastics? How long can they stay on that balance beam of crazy?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by belleflop View Post
    It's nice to know there is a model that exist for this, I just really don't see Americas version being this open. For starters no faith based institution can be funded by the government, to which then causes regulatory and enforcement loopholes. Generally any faith based education system in America is privately ran, and not as open minded when it comes to science.
    I attended a Catholic High school in California and learned all about evolution, big bang, etc. Had prayer to start each class and had 1 religion class. Just like any other school, but had more discipline enforced.

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    I attended a Catholic High school in California and learned all about evolution, big bang, etc. Had prayer to start each class and had 1 religion class. Just like any other school, but had more discipline enforced.
    Was prayer mandatory? What was covered in the religion class? Did it receive public funding?

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Was prayer mandatory? What was covered in the religion class? Did it receive public funding?
    It is a private high school.. tuition based. You just had to be silent or respectful if you didn't want to pray. There were a few jewish kids in my grade that went there because of its reputation. It was also a top sports school. (#1 national in boys AND girls basketball same year I was there). #1 waterpolo in california that year too. Religion class. I transferred in Sophomore year, but that year we studied the basics of the bible. Junior year was about sacraments, applied catholicism to daily life, etc. Senior year was about peace and justice, catholic position in different global issues and why.

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    I understand in the private realm this works, and the state recognizes if a parent wants to do this it's within their right to do so. A private institution is like any other business (aside from that tax free thing because, religion) looking to turn a profit. I'm discussing Betsy DeVos' assertion that we should be open to ALL forms of education sponsored BY the government. It's just a mess, never mind her incompetency on major educational debates such as proficiency vs. growth. She's literally only there because she made large donations to republicans.

Deleted
    just seen some clips from DeVos' hearings, man she looks completely unqualified and incompetent and th more you see of her the more damning Sanders' questioning of her seems.

There was this argument that Trump would promote competent people so he could swan off and do whatever he likes on twitter and elsewhere... that doesn't seem to be the case at all.

Giving her stance on social issues, one is probably the torture of children.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Actually it's even worse than that. She supported Rubio described Trump as an interloper who doesn't represent the Republican Party. Yet here she is as his nominee. My how things change.
    Not sure if I should rub the "drain the swamp" or the "pay for play" rhetoric into the faces of our Trumpets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure if I should rub the "drain the swamp" or the "pay for play" rhetoric into the faces of our Trumpets.
    They don't care when Trump does corrupt shit, even if it's so obvious and disguting they'll accept it because it's fine when they do it but when the other side does it, They are furious.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by Minifie View Post
    This is what happens when you put forward one of the worst candidates in recent history against the second worst, and the one who should have been trampled easily ACTUALLY RAN THE BETTER CAMPAIGN!

This evil, piece of shit, unless the Dem senators fight hard to force 3/4 of Trump's cabinet picks out, will be the next SoE, and has 0 qualifications for the position. The worst part of this whole situation is that the people who swung and voted for Trump may have thought this would happen under Hillary, which may have not been far from the truth, but was a scary enough prospect to swing them right.

Realistically, anything awful Trump does I put some of the blame on the DNC, should have run a candidate more likeable, and should have foresaw that Hillary would be one of the few candidates who would struggle against Trump. What the Dems did in the 90s to reinvigorate the party, and push more right wing worked then, but it is time to push back left, oush for social reforms and assistance for the lowest earners et al.

Also, GET THE FUCKING MONEY OUT OF POLITICS! Fuck me it's the biggest problem and it is not being curbed at all...
    In some ways silly part is that unless the sheer incompetence of Trump nominees forces even Republicans to act just like with Nixon it will be hard to get these privileged fuck out of government.

And yes the DNC and the pro Clinton camp probably (read definitly) have allot to blame. Judging but what happend their was probably allot of behind the scene's pressure from the CLinton camp towards stronger and more liked candidates like Warren and Biden, I've kind of assume they ignored sanders.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/01/u...joe-biden.html

This story is a bit telling and probably gives you a idea that allot happend behind the scene's.

Republicans tried to do that with having Jeb Bush as the standard-bearer but he obviously got shredded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im curious. If she is advocating faith based schooling to be government funded, which faith is she referring to? Because if faith based schools are being built abd supported by my tax money, I want to be sure it includes all faiths. You know that whole law against religious discrimination and all has to be upheld.

Id love to see a campus which includes schools of all sorts of faiths.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Wouldn't waste your time with either. They'll bend themselves into pretzels defending his bullshit because it's not just his...it's theirs.