Maybe Elves grow up like Koreans?

(just multiply the age by 1000)

But seriously - there's no reason to think that they age like humans. They can grow up from being a "kid" to adulthood in a 1000 years and then being fully active for a 30000 years and then getting old.

nyone have seen an old Night Elf? I mean one with the silver hair and shrinks?

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Maybe Elves grow up like Koreans?
    (just multiply the age by 1000)

But seriously - there's no reason to think that they age like humans. They can grow up from being a "kid" to adulthood in a 1000 years and then being fully active for a 30000 years and then getting old.

nyone have seen an old Night Elf? I mean one with the silver hair and shrinks?
    Elves age like humans, but stay in their prime for thousands of years, Sylvanas was considered almost a woman with 17. Valeera Sanguinar was a child during the third war etc.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i know she's probably around 10k at least. but she was a little girl at the time of the invasion though, and illidan, tyrande, and malfurion were already a few thousand right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Is it stated anywhere that they were a few thousand years old? Elves age as humans until they reach adulthood. Which in the book they only seemed to just be coming into, which the three only just starting out on the paths of their careers of druid, priest and mage.
    Their ages kinda jumped from one value to another over time. It was stated in the original WoTA (WC3 Manual) that the twins were about 15,000 years old (13 for Tyrande IIRC) by the 3rd War, putting them ~5k years old during WoTA. However, WoTA Triology stated that Malfurion was only few decades old (probably around 30+ I guess). Then, WCE stated that Malfurion and Illidan grew up together with Tyrande millennia before the Sundering. In Chronicle, Malfurion was called young during WoTA again - seeing that NE civilization was "only" 5k years old back then (started around 15,000 years before the Dark Portal's opening), I guess we're going with WoTA Triology's numbers - otherwise, that young Malfurion would have been as old as the NE civilization.

In short, they should be ~30 something during WoTA now.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Their ages kinda jumped from one value to another over time. It was stated in the original WoTA (WC3 Manual) that the twins were about 15,000 years old (13 for Tyrande IIRC) by the 3rd War, putting them ~5k years old during WoTA. However, WoTA Triology stated that Malfurion was only few decades old (probably around 30+ I guess). Then, WCE stated that Malfurion and Illidan grew up together with Tyrande millennia before the Sundering. In Chronicle, Malfurion was called young during WoTA again - seeing that NE civilization was "only" 5k years old back then (started around 15,000 years before the Dark Portal's opening), I guess we're going with WoTA Triology's numbers - otherwise, that young Malfurion would have been as old as the NE civilization.

In short, they should be ~30 something during WoTA now.
    Thanks for the clarification, @Qualia. That makes sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    *Tyrande dies*

Illidan: TYRANDE! NOOOOO!!!!!

*Tries to attack Sargeras*

*Sargeras Keeps his eyes closed*

*Illidan dies*

Hey, I never said he would succeed. only that he would ATTEMPT to skullfuck them :0

Quote Originally Posted by Aedion View Post
    So Anduin gets Varian's sword, jej
    But I swear to god if he becomes this weird paladin king I will murder every living paladin alive including my own.
    Anduin used a hammer of light to shit on that dreadlord in the comic. It pretty much confirmed he will become a paladin.

The was a Horde version where the horde player goes to the broken shore to retrieve Lol'jin's broken plastic tusk and brings it to Slyvanus. Slyvanus just tosses it in the trash. Then she (finally) figures out Koltira is gone and grabs the tusk from the trash when no one is looking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    Anduin used a hammer of light to shit on that dreadlord in the comic. It pretty much confirmed he will become a paladin.
    I don't think lore characters are defined by the game's classes. Like, I think Anduin will be trained in combat because that's a logical thing to do for any king, especially in a world like Azeroth, and he is also adept with the light. I don't think he will become a paladin, per se, but rather just strong with the light and knows how to use a hammer.

Idk though, I don't think it would matter much either way. I guess it's similar to how lore figures like Sylvanas or Malfurion are clearly a class (hunter/druid respectively) but blend all three specs. Anduin just blends two classes (or will in the future).

Aaaalso... I feel like I am one of the few who don't despise Anduin. I think it's cool that he's living in his father's shadows and isn't filling his dad's boots, but rather forging his own path through wisdom, faith, and diplomacy. Having said that, these little badass demon-smiting moments are great.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    I don't think lore characters are defined by the game's classes. Like, I think Anduin will be trained in combat because that's a logical thing to do for any king, especially in a world like Azeroth, and he is also adept with the light. I don't think he will become a paladin, per se, but rather just strong with the light and knows how to use a hammer.

Idk though, I don't think it would matter much either way. I guess it's similar to how lore figures like Sylvanas or Malfurion are clearly a class (hunter/druid respectively) but blend all three specs. Anduin just blends two classes (or will in the future).

Aaaalso... I feel like I am one of the few who don't despise Anduin. I think it's cool that he's living in his father's shadows and isn't filling his dad's boots, but rather forging his own path through wisdom, faith, and diplomacy. Having said that, these little badass demon-smiting moments are great.
    How is a priest going to make use of a giant sword though? Paladin is really the only option. It would be cool if he becomes a paladin who can wield both the light and void.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    How is a priest going to make use of a giant sword though? Paladin is really the only option. It would be cool if he becomes a paladin who can wield both the light and void.
    He'd have to get over his aching bones and the fact that he has little to no coordination when it comes to fighting physically. Maybe a holy paladin that waves his sword around.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The more interesting part is how their intelligence works, i.e. at what point at what rate does their intelligence transform from fluid to crystallized
    It starts low and then only gets worse. Just look at elisandre.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    He'd have to get over his aching bones and the fact that he has little to no coordination when it comes to fighting physically. Maybe a holy paladin that waves his sword around.
    Since the sword is pretty much wasted on him he could give it back to the people it actually belongs to, the night elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Since the sword is pretty much wasted on him he could give it back to the people it actually belongs to, the night elves.
    or the pandaren. "the pandaren, more than any other, have suffered from Varian's death"

/ninjas sword.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

The fact that he is not that good at combat will only make it much more satisfying when he finally​ becomes a badass King of the Alliance. I'd rather Anduin have to work hard to become a powerful fighter than to just be some prodigy that was naturally gifted.

The fact that he is not that good at combat will only make it much more satisfying when he finally​ becomes a badass King of the Alliance. I'd rather Anduin have to work hard to become a powerful fighter than to just be some prodigy that was naturally gifted.
    A powerful caster who in unity with others can unleash something like this, is always more impressive than some light infused guy swinging a sword in plate armor.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/File:Troll_Wars_magi.jpg

Or he could train alot to become proficient at welding swords despite the fact that he was talentless. Becoming stronger through hard work is better than being born a genius imo.

Or he could train alot to become proficient at welding swords despite the fact that he was talentless. Becoming stronger through hard work is better than being born a genius imo.
    Not if you could have spent that time actually in the field you are incredibly gifted at, getting far more worthwhile results.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is only so much a physical fighter can do, and him not being a carbon copy of his dad +light powers makes him more interesting.
    Holy shit lol

A powerful caster who in unity with others can unleash something like this, is always more impressive than some light infused guy swinging a sword in plate armor.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/File:Troll_Wars_magi.jpg
    That's opinion though. Not objective fact.

- - - Updated - - -

There is only so much a physical fighter can do, and him not being a carbon copy of his dad +light powers makes him more interesting.
    Him becoming paladin already makes him m different than his dad. And it lets him wield his father's weapon.

That's opinion though. Not objective fact.
    If someone is an incredibly gifted light user he is far better served to deepen that connection, instead of potentially wasting years over years to become an bottom to average at best swordsman, due to the fact of his lacking talents and being half crippled, since the bell incident.

Not if you could have spent that time actually in the field you are incredibly gifted at, getting far more worthwhile results.
    He's gifted in the Light, Paladins use the light. It fits. Besides I don't want him to become some Mary Sue. Him not being the best physical fighter gives him lots of room to grow.