Thread: Gametap

10+ Year Old Account

Gametap

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GameTap

Who used to use Gametap? I used it for years...and loved it back then. I didn't even know it had such a terrible rating...any fond memories?

There was a game on Gametap I played for a long time, some kind of space shooter. I can't remember the name...

Can't say I've ever heard of it before this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    GameTap was conceived primarily as an online subscription rental service, competing against mail-based services like GameFly. GameTap offers two subscription levels: a Premium subscription with access to the entire content library, and a Classic subscription with access to older console and arcade games running in emulation. GameTap now also sells games via the online distribution method.[2] GameTap initially offered a limited selection of games for free play without a subscription, but this option has been discontinued.

Originally, GameTap was designed to offer not only video games, but a complete media hub (GameTap TV), taking advantage of the TBS catalog as well as offering original video content, including the animated series Re\Visioned: Tomb Raider and new episodes of Space Ghost Coast to Coast. GameTap TV has since been discontinued.[3]
    Interesting. Where there any particularly memorable titles on it? Aside from the game you love so much you can't recall the name of?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Can't say I've ever heard of it before this post.

Interesting. Where there any particularly memorable titles on it? Aside from the game you love so much you can't recall the name of?
    It's been nearly a decade, so not sure. They had a lot of partnerships with big names in the day, like THQ, Activision, Red Faction...

It did have Civilization 4. In fact, that's right, that's what got me to buy the real game and its expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried it. Can't remember what game I played on it but it worked except the game looked terrible.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Psychonauts? That's the other game that hooked me

I've heard of it, but at that age I was only allowed to play Runescape and Warcraft II, along with some Rayman on the computer.