Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New Warlock Artifact Traits

Affli:
    Rend Soul (Rank 1) (New) Drain Soul damage has a chance to deal 0 Shadow damage and summon an additional Tormented Soul.
    Sinister Seeds (Rank 1) (New) Seed of Corruption requires 50% less damage to explode.
    Entropic Instibility (Rank 1-5): +1% crit chance with DoTs per rank

Demo:
    Jaws of Shadow (Rank 1) (New) Dreadbite increases damage taken from your pets by 0%.
    Thal'kiel's Ascendance (Rank 1) (New) Demonic Empowerment has a chance to cause Thal'kiel to enrage, causing your pets to deal an additional 0 Shadow damage.
    Left Hand of Darkness (Rank 1-5): +5% pet damage per rank

Destro:
    Cry Havoc (Rank 1) (New) Chaos Bolt will bounce to your Havoc target for 0% of the initial damage.
    Tomb-Born Rift (Rank 1) (New) Dimensional Rift can now summon a Flame Rift.
    Flames of Sargeras (5 ranks): +8% Conflag damage per rank

I main Affliction. We get an AMAZING ST trait and a QoL one. The damage component of Rend Soul is irrelevant, but if the proc chance is high enough this is a direct fix to our Soul generation problem and something that makes Drain Soul uptime vital in all builds. Sinister Seeds change just means we can probably keep casting/spamming SoC without stopping as long as we have shards since Corruption will probably be enough to break the current seed in 2 seconds. Entropic Instability is just Blizzards way of telling us they like the crit-based Afflock. It makes Perdition even better.

Destruction.. well.. Depends on what the "Flame Rift" is and if it is spawned as a fourth possible rift or on-top of one of the three. Cry Havoc is just making Destro better on situations where it's already great. This is possibly one of the reasons the wrist leggy was stealth-nerfed. If this procs Soulsnatcher though, along with belt and two Immolates going with increased crit chance from the 4rth trait it will mean the rotation turns to spamming CB in 2 target cleave situations. Flames of Sargeras.. I think they are trying to make Shadowburn a thing. Anyhow, you will see your Conflagrates critting higher than your Chaos Bolts. Which should never have been a thing.

I have not touched Demo. The changes are a flat dmg increase tho. Looks decent. Also it might add some excitement to casting DE.

Blizzard seems to be listening to Affli-Demo feedback (although taking their sweet time with it) and ignoring Destro (hopefully because they're reworking the spec as promised).

And finally.. Just lol : Devourer of Life (Rank 8) (New) Drain Life has a 120% chance to increase its damage and healing by 0% for 0.

Edit: Was meant to address this but it slipped my mind. Some dps specs get new, raid friendly traits. I did not read all specs, but here's a taste..
    fMage: Phoenix's Warmth (Rank 1) (New) Phoenix Flames has a chance to grant 0% critical strike chance to you and the four nearest allies.
    sPriest: Mind Quickening (Rank 1) (New) While you are in Void form, you and your four nearest allies gain 0% Haste.
    Feral: Fury of Ashamane (Rank 1) (New) Tiger's Fury also grants 0 Versatility to you and your four nearest allies.

I know that our Class Fantasy is being "selfish", but I can see these being problematic for anyone without a solid raid spot. And ofc for m+, where the above is a group-wide buff.

Edit2: Added last traits and comments on them.
    Last edited by kavousanos; 2017-01-22 at 12:46 AM.

I just want to know who thought
    Sinister Seeds (Rank 1) (New) Seed of Corruption requires 50% less damage to explode.
    Was a good golden trait.

I hope they consider changing this one at least. The others are generally at least acceptable when compared to other classes new traits. Although some specs are getting huge boosts from their traits compared to others, which is weird.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    Was a good golden trait.

I hope they consider changing this one at least. The others are generally at least acceptable when compared to other classes new traits. Although some specs are getting huge boosts from their traits compared to others, which is weird.
    its not golden, this guy missed the gold traits

- - - Updated - - -

New Afflic Traits:

Entropic Instibility (5 ranks): +1% crit chance with DoTs per rank
    Rend Soul (1 rank): Drain Soul ticks have a chance to proc bonus damage and spawn a Tormented Soul
    Sinister Seeds (1 rank): Seed of Corruption requires 50% less damage to trigger

New Demo Traits:

Left Hand of Darkness (5 ranks): +5% pet damage per rank
    Jaws of Shadow (1 rank): Dreadbite increases damage taken from your pets by (amount)
    Thal'kiel's Ascendance (1 rank): Demonic Empowerment can proc a buff making your pets to deal additional damage

New Destro Traits:

Flames of Sargeras (5 ranks): +8% Conflag damage per rank
    Cry Havoc (1 rank): Chaos Bolt will bounce to your Havoc target for (a lesser percentage) of full damage
    Tomb-Born Rift (1 rank): Dimensional Rift can now summon a Flame Rift
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Doesn't chaos bolt already bounce to your havoc target? I don't really get the wording of it

Not excited about the idea of more RNG on rifts when the community is asking for less. Cry havoc might be the explanation for what happened to magistrikes.

Curious what will happen with rend soul, potential there that it will turn reap soul into a maintenance buff.

Thalks ascendance is disheartening, as people are hoping for significant changes to DE or for it to go completely. Jaws of shadow has the potential to further reinforce that demo sucks at target switching.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    Doesn't chaos bolt already bounce to your havoc target? I don't really get the wording of it
    when it hits the targert, it will then also bounce from your normal target to your havoc

so 1 hit on target it will then also bounce off and hit havoc
    meanwhile you will alos hit havoc
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Thalks ascendance is disheartening, as people are hoping for significant changes to DE or for it to go completely. Jaws of shadow has the potential to further reinforce that demo sucks at target switching.
    As a demo lock, I'm actually more concerned about any potential "rework" for 7.2 that non demo locks want on our spec than the current rotation...
    Last edited by nessopito; 2017-01-21 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nessopito View Post
    As a demo lock, I'm actually more concerned about any potential "rework" for 7.2 that non demo locks want on my spec than the current rotation...
    That's fair.

I mean, at the end of the day its always that struggle with any change which is why no matter what they do there's people freaking out on the forums about anything that changes. Personally I have no love for the spec as is, and would like it to see a fairly decent shift. Obviously that won't sell well with the people who are enjoying it for what it is now.

I'm curious what will happen to our specs, since this should supposedly be 'our turn' to get looked at.

That's fair.

I mean, at the end of the day its always that struggle with any change which is why no matter what they do there's people freaking out on the forums about anything that changes. Personally I have no love for the spec as is, and would like it to see a fairly decent shift. Obviously that won't sell well with the people who are enjoying it for what it is now.

I'm curious what will happen to our specs, since this should supposedly be 'our turn' to get looked at.
    We'll see, I just don't want to end up in the same situation MM hunters are in this patch.

Quote Originally Posted by nessopito View Post
    We'll see, I just don't want to end up in the same situation MM hunters are in this patch.
    In what way? Because I'm talking about mechanics.

Deleted
    That's fair.

To be honest. I've completely lost faith in the dev's abilities to do something that is not a stupid change. They destoryed destro basically this patch and try to recover by what? Giving it more AoE and a tiny bit more ST/cleave. A spec that already can do OK AoE but severely lost its edge in the cleave niche...

Now they are giving it a new trait that - from what I understand - is nothing more than a different color portal. Woooow.

Guess what will happen in the "rework": Shards are renamed to Embers and split into a couple of pieces. Everything else will stay the same.

Affli and Demo both are now basically tunnel specs with even Demo more prone to target switches than affli, except for a couple of dots to push dps on the main target.

Edit: Correction: a CHANCE for a different color portal. Wouldn't be destro if that wasnt the case it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    To be honest. I've completely lost faith in the dev's abilities to do something that is not a stupid change. They destoryed destro basically this patch and try to recover by what? Giving it more AoE and a tiny bit more ST/cleave. A spec that already can do OK AoE but severely lost its edge in the cleave niche...
    ?
    Destro's still one of if not thee strongest 2 target spec in the game.

Now they are giving it a new trait that - from what I understand - is nothing more than a different color portal. Woooow.
    Curious how that's going to go, again not very excited at the idea of more RNG. They'd also need to do something to make this portal exciting over the others being a new one, we already have the burst, medium, and sustained portals so I'm genuinely curious what this will be.

I'm imagining its just going to be the strongest portal, which will make the RNG more frustrating.

Guess what will happen in the "rework": Shards are renamed to Embers and split into a couple of pieces. Everything else will stay the same.
    See that's why I'm curious, because the spec doesn't function in a way where they can easily just flip them like that. The generation would have to make charred remains look like you were ember starved in order to produce the equivalent to the shards we generate now.

I'm imagining there needs to be a shift in how we build and spend right now, so it'll be interesting to see if they go for a more swamped charred remains style or go back to a better time before then. Also it'll be interesting to see how they adjust our kit to account for this or if they just try their best to leave it the same.

The affli drain soul trait seems really interestant. And the more crit one combs with the actual more crit dmg one.

The demo ones btw seems than instead of fixing the spec, just digs even more into its issues. Demon doesnt need more single target and keep casting DE, needs better target switching and less DE spam.

Quote Originally Posted by Level5 Laser Lotus View Post
    Am I the only one wondering what Dreadbite is...
    It's easy enough to look up spell names on any of the database sites, you know? Dreadbite is the main attack of the Dreadstalkers summoned by Demo's Call Dreadstalker ability.

Deleted
    Not excited about the idea of more RNG on rifts when the community is asking for less. Cry havoc might be the explanation for what happened to magistrikes.
    Rather they spent some time thinking up a more interesting trait than neutering a legendary that hard, iirc the CB's from the bracers had a seperate spell ID so surely it wouldn't have been hard to exclude them from the trait if the combined effect was too much - Odr survived the carnage too. The Conflag trait looks pretty damn tasty when combined with tier though, if I can ever get anything. So far we've cleared Heroic to Guldan and most of normal and I've had a grand total of zero items bar some boots a mage gave me that were a 5ilvl downgrade with better stats and a socket.

Not promising with how dreadfully snowbally our tier distribution is looking to be.

7+ Year Old Account
    passive 8% crit with relics, on top of 13% crit damage passively. Add reap and the souls from drain golden trait. lmfao.
    Don't be like haunt guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    Was a good golden trait.
    Probably the same retard who thought that on kill traits was a good idea.

Oh I am so terribly sorry I forgot to check that in the database. I will go whip myself now for this heinous and most dreadful mistake.
    It's a sin on the order of LMGTFY. Only instead of Google it's the WoWhead search bar. So, really not any sort of arcane process. You could have done it yourself it half the time it took to make that ungratefully snarky post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I am so terribly sorry I forgot to check that in the database. I will go whip myself now for this heinous and most dreadful mistake.
    LOOK HOW LAZY I WAS EVERYONE. I ASKED A PUBLIC FORUM A QUESTION I SHOULD HAVE COPY-PASTED INTO A SEARCH BAR, AND NOW I'M GOING TO BE SARCASTIC AND CONDESCENDING ABOUT IT BECAUSE SOMEONE POINTED OUT MY LAZINESS. LOOK AT ME AND MY GOOGLY EYES.

Take your sass with you on your way out.

Anyway...

I hope the SoC trait is changed. Nice QoL but I'd prefer something more direct to augment our AoE.

Do we even really need it, after a second thought? 6/10 Heroic tonight, and Skorpyron asploded on normal and heroic for me just fine. Held my own on Aluriel although that doesn't really count since the adds weren't stacked together; Not TRUE SoC spamming AoE, like this is trying to target.

Maybe a more Mythic+ oriented trait. Big HP on packs in VotW, Arcway, even Kara once this is out.

So...now I've changed my mind. I can see its uses, I hope it'll be put to use on more than one fight & trash in ToS.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    LOOK HOW LAZY I WAS EVERYONE. I ASKED A PUBLIC FORUM A QUESTION I SHOULD HAVE COPY-PASTED INTO A SEARCH BAR, AND NOW I'M GOING TO BE SARCASTIC AND CONDESCENDING ABOUT IT BECAUSE SOMEONE POINTED OUT MY LAZINESS. LOOK AT ME AND MY GOOGLY EYES.

Take your sass with you on your way out.

Anyway...

I hope the SoC trait is changed. Nice QoL but I'd prefer something more direct to augment our AoE.

Do we even really need it, after a second thought? 6/10 Heroic tonight, and Skorpyron asploded on normal and heroic for me just fine. Held my own on Aluriel although that doesn't really count since the adds weren't stacked together; Not TRUE SoC spamming AoE, like this is trying to target.

Maybe a more Mythic+ oriented trait. Big HP on packs in VotW, Arcway, even Kara once this is out.

So...now I've changed my mind. I can see its uses, I hope it'll be put to use on more than one fight & trash in ToS.
    They way I see it mate is this..
    Two scenarios this can go down.
    Either Rend Soul has a high proc chance of about once every drain cycle and deals medium-low dmg, or it has a low proc chance of once a minute while dealing high damage.
    First case, the trait is so powerful that they decided to counterbalance it by a QoL, kinda meh second trait (50% seeds). In this case, this was a fine decision and I'm behind it 100%.
    Second case, the trait is still really good but nothing game-changing.. Pretty much in line with all the other golden traits. In this case, they should definitely rework the seed trait or buff it to explode on impact.