I've been a liberal Democrat all my life, up until yesterday. Now I'm a Repub.

I've always been left leaning. Voted for Obama twice and was proud of it. I supported all of the Democrat issues such as gay marriage, fighting HB2, ACA, Roe Vs. Wade, more government regulations for the private sector, etc etc. I was an athiest and had a Neil Degrasse screensaver on my desktop a month ago. I dismissed all the fake right wing social media posts as ridiculous. You can go back on my MMO Champ post history for years and see I had extremely liberal views.

Then last week I was with a liberal friend of mine who started bashing Trump. I myself always bashed Trump as well, but as I sat there listening to my friend spew hate, I thought to myself "Maybe it's ME who's been on the wrong side all along?". The way my friends body language was when he was bashing Trump scared me, in a sense that he was just not "sane".

So I went home, took a long shower, and did some thinking. What if liberals really WERE the hateful intolerant type ones? What if it was the left who were actually the ones with ludicrous ideas? What if it really was MY ideas that were ruining America? So I turn on the news and watch a replay of Trumps inauguration, and things just finally started to fall into place. Trump doesn't really hate America like the media wants you to believe. The man won for a reason, and it's because he connects with the average American. He heard their struggles and built his platform on it. He defied the odds and WON. The odds were so low in the beginning of the race, you probably had a better chance of getting struck by lightning then to win a bet with him winning.

Then it dawned on me that maybe it wasn't by "chance" that he won. What if there really was a higher power that made him our leader? What if a higher power really does exist? I was raised Catholic but stopped going to church when I was 15-16. I have been an atheist since. So I messaged a member of my old church on FB that I still kept in contact with and told her I needed advice. I explained the situation and she listened. She asked could she video call me on FB and we chatted for 2 hours. She was so caring and understood everything I was saying. So I thought "How could someone who's so dumb and vile like the Dems would want you to believe, is being so kind to me right now?" And she was always a really nice girl. We prayed together (I remembered a few from way back when) and in a split second, I felt "brand new". Tomorrow I'll be going back to church before the football games come on. I can't even explain the feeling, except it was the definition of "enlightenment". All these years I was so lost, but now I have been found.

All the pieces of the puzzle fit now. Things like ACA and other liberal platforms just don't make sense now that I think of them. Sure, I don't want people to suffer, but things cost money and money doesn't grow on trees. You need to work and survive, life isn't fair unfortunately. I went to the Republican platform site, read their values and 95% of them I now agreed with. 72 hours ago I wouldn't have, but now it all makes sense. Kind of like riding a bike, it just "clicks". I'm ok with gay marriage, which is the only part of their platform I do not agree with.

Basically, Trump deserves a chance. Was it right that the Right was harsh to Obama the past 8 years? No not at all. But two wrongs don't a right. If he messes up, then yes fine he deserves to be called out but he's been in office for TWO days. Wanting Trump to fail is wanting America to fail. That's something I just didn't understand before, but now I get it. I made this post because I'm sure there's ALOT of others left leaners out their that will make this change soon as well and to let them know that I understand.
    Last edited by Chingylol; 2017-01-22 at 05:15 AM.

We're crashing this plane with no survivors.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

So you are okay with "grabbing women by their pussies"?
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    TLDR: I base my political views on how the people i meet talk about them. I dont base them on facts or on what i think is right or wrong. Also god is SRS REAL!
    TLDR?

/10char

What if there are hateful spewing people and wonderful loving people on both sides and drawing broad generalizations against the other "side" serves only to widen the fear and lack of understanding between our fellow countrymen?

The media never even gave Trump a chance. They laughed hysterically at him the entire time and were so sure Hillary was going to win. And then she didn't. And now they're angry as well as half the country.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not only does this touch on forbidden topics but, in general, we're not a blog site. This is something more suited to your own personal space than a discussion forum.