7.2 Ashbringer golden trait: Welcome back, Mastery?

Judge Unworthy: Avenging Wrath reduces the cooldown of Judgment by 50%.
    Might not shift it to best stat, but surely this bumps up the value of Mastery in patch 7.2?

I'd say all it really does is help fill the gaps at the start of Crusade when you may need a filler. It already has a low CD during Crusade in the later part and we don't use it. Imo a better trait would have been to have Judgment grant 1 charge of Holy Power during Crusade.

It doesn't generate holy power still, we won't be spamming it.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Deleted
    A trait addressed for a minor dps buff only usable during the only dps cd.
    And these people get paid for game development.

Man, it's almost like our current CD already reduces the cd of judge by 50% or something (actually I think it's more?).

Who the hell even comes up with this shit?

Or just don't be dumb and make it like:

Judge Unworthy: When Avenging Wrath is on cooldown, Judgment cooldown is reduced by 50%.

Oh they're gonna f*** with Crusade again, beyond simple numbers tuning, you can count on it. I would assume this trait is related to that.

That`s like 0% dps increase golden trait

It makes me really concerned. It's kind of a proof that whoever is designing pala stuff has no in depth understanding of how the class works.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelyka View Post
    That`s like 0% dps increase golden trait
    For now.

Don't forget, there's still plenty of time for them to nerf the heck out of Crusade, to the point where this becomes a DPS increase !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    It doesn't generate holy power still, we won't be spamming it.
    This is the crux of the issue. Unless theres a tier set that makes judgement give HP, you won't be spamming it on CD. The damage is too low and uses up GCD's that could be used for generators and more TV's/ES.

As it stands, the trait is utterly useless as we only use judge to get the debuff up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neldarie View Post
    Or just don't be dumb and make it like:

Judge Unworthy: When Avenging Wrath is on cooldown, Judgment cooldown is reduced by 50%.
    That would be funny cause haste would lose alot of value and we woud avoid it like the plague. We would go vers+crit all the way.

This is hilarious design. Why would we want to spam a debuff on the target during wings when our whole spec this expac is built around generating and spending holy power during that debuff window? Even if they buffed judgment by 1000% and became the mandatory hutton to hit on cd, it would still be an absurd design in the context of the rest of our rotation.

In terms of our tier gear, for 2 set why would we want to spend less time dumping holy power? In terms of our 4 set, with all the extra hp wont that mean we will be putting cs and boj on cooldown slightly less often so won't have the room in the rotation for judgment spam?

Poorly thought out design, but then again that's been our tagline since legion pre patch.
    Last edited by Titans; 2017-01-23 at 02:01 AM.

When i first saw it I thought the blizz devs obviously dont play Ret.....its a completely useless trait, but then it dawned on me that.......well 7.2 might be the patch they finally get rid of or redo Crusade.....It has me thinking the latter is the course.

Deleted
    real useless golden trait WP.

Hey guys just wait and chill. Maybe the set buffs judgement or something like that. Wait and see if it is a useless trait. And if it is then the design team needs help.

Deleted
    There us nothing to wait here tbh. The trait is totally worthless and even if they redesign crusade to nerf it to the ground then again it is useless.
    And I don't get these many posts claiming crusade is justified a redesign. What needs rework is DP and HW and ES and Conc. Then they should come up with traits that make sense.

After checking out all other dps spec's new traits, we are being abused here. The only dps spec with a new golden trait that provides nothing to the class. Compare it to Havoc having another chance to deal damage on their Chaos Strike, frost dk's having a chance to deal additional damage, Arms having a buff to mortal strike in the execute phase, Windwalkers dealing bonus damage on their artifact move... we are getting fucked over.

Deleted
    and here we thought legion would be a new dawn on ret. Well it seems to be come a sunset.

OK so far for my initial feelings towards the new traits as we know. I still see a chance that this is not going to be utter bullshit considering the possibilities of Judge generating HP (unlikely since that would go against the intended design as stated in the alpha/beta) or a talent allowing it (also unlikely see mandatory talents). Also it is possible that this is a mere placeholder (ok not so keen on tis considering that placeholder often become final solutions for us) that will be made useful. And finally it might come to the redesign of crusade which will make sense of this trait.
    for the next 2-3 weeks I would suggest we remain calm but vigilant and dissect each and every blue post that might, even if just remotely, address us.