Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    It is 100% the problem. People are too stupid and now too proud to admit they elected what is essentially a bumbling monster with all the power. Authoritarianism is just step 1. Prepare to have all your rights and all your livelihoods stripped away until you're nothing more than a meat bag being farmed by the 1%.

This is Donald's future as president, people. Not some land where everyone gets a small loan of a million dollars from their father, or where someone gets to report a billion dollar loss just to be exempt from taxes. He's just going to make it impossible for anyone not currently a 1%-er to work their way up to that legitimately.

Not to mention this absolutely SICK fixation with the Mexican border. The wall is -not- a feasible solution AT ALL to -any- of the U.S.-Mexico border problems. You want to fix immigration? Fix the visa renewal system, allow it so these people that are coming here LEGALLY, with green cards and work visas, can stay longer or renew quicker so they can continue working. The majority of these "illegals" are actually people who came here legally to work here legally, but get bent over a railing when it comes to actually staying here because it takes as long as their visa is active for it to be renewed.

Yeah this turned into a huge anti-Donald rant and frankly "Hilary" might not have been that much better, but there is no Hilary anymore. This is Trump. We don't blame Gore for the stupid that was W. Bush. Anyone blaming the stupid that is Trump on anything other than the stupid that is Trump is delusional. The problem is his followers have accepted being delusional because it's better to be crazy than to be wrong, apparently.
    What in the ever loving fuck are you talking about? There's literally no proof this even happened the way it was stated. It's the word of the person being denied entry against the word of the customs officer, and somehow you think this has something to do with trump, or trump supporters?

Fact is, people from other nations do not have a RIGHT to travel to the US. Americans were blocked access to Canada for the purposes of attending a protest, it only makes sense Canadians and people from foreign states without visas were denied entry as well.

If you want to Trump bash, that's your right, but take it elsewhere. This thread isn't even remotely about Trump, it's about american border policies.

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    Are you usually allowed to enter the US if you state your intention as attending a protest?

Im going to ignore the border agent allegedly asking the anti/pro trump question, because there's really no proof of that other than a few people saying it.
    Thank you, that's what I was going to say.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noogai131 View Post
    What in the ever loving fuck are you talking about? There's literally no proof this even happened the way it was stated. It's the word of the person being denied entry against the word of the customs officer, and somehow you think this has something to do with trump, or trump supporters?

Fact is, people from other nations do not have a RIGHT to travel to the US. Americans were blocked access to Canada for the purposes of attending a protest, it only makes sense Canadians and people from foreign states without visas were denied entry as well.

If you want to Trump bash, that's your right, but take it elsewhere. This thread isn't even remotely about Trump, it's about american border policies.
    Thank you for using common sense, keep spreading the word.

Quote Originally Posted by Noogai131 View Post

You realize the only reason our nation has historically succeeded is because of immigrants right?

That most of our scientific breakthroughs were by fucking immigrants.

But yea, let's just build a wall, isolate the US and let the hillbilly rednecks who elected him inbreed us into a slow painful death.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    So they didn't want more people dressed up in vagina costumes wandering around the US? Seems like the right call to me.

Also not quite sure how Trump was brought into this. I'm pretty sure the Women's March was about women's rights (especially in shitty third world countries) and not about Trump. Especially considering Trump has done literally nothing to degrade or remove women's rights here in the US.

Or was that march actually a march against Trump under the guise of "women's rights"?
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    You realize the only reason our nation has historically succeeded is because of immigrants right?

That most of our scientific breakthroughs were by fucking immigrants.

But yea, let's just build a wall, isolate the US and let the hillbilly rednecks who elected him inbreed us into a slow painful death.
    You are not raising any points against what I've said. Other nations do not have a right to travel to the US. You can be barred entry for any reason. You do not have a right to enter the US to engage in protests. Just like US citizens do not have the right to travel to Canada to engage in protests, like Canada has already barred them from doing in the past.

I don't care about what the US nation was built on. That is not the current discussion. Your attempts to obfuscate the discussion are laughable, because you're going off on a tangent I have not discussed. I haven't said a damn thing about the wall, because this is not a thread about the wall. There is already a thread about that, fuck off to that thread if you want to discuss that. This is a discussion on border policies not related to the wall, but related to US/Canada travel policies.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    I see just being difficult to be difficult. I'll stick you in that file Its great to be able to just pick and choose what I want in history and just ignore everything else.
    Listen, you jumped into a conversation that you clearly didnt read. Youre just making yourself look stupid. You can keep it up if youd like, I dont mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry Canada we are all out of play dough and puppies.

If you need to protest please ask your emissary @Tennisace for more safe spaces.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Canadian here. The US has the absolute and unlimited right to deny anyone entry into their country for any reason - let alone adding to an already inflamed political situation to which we have no right to participate.

Sure we can comment all we want from afar, and throw shit and garbage at Trump and his people - but you have no right to go to another country and protest their systems.
    Sounds perfectly logical to me. I'm not about to go run to Britain and start protesting Brexit, and I have a feeling that if I were to state my intentions to do so if I traveled there they would be just as likely to say "Yeah....why don't you just head home."

Quote Originally Posted by Kamov View Post
    Good. Foreign protesters should always be denied entry.
    Agreed. Why would any country allow anyone in that specifically says, "Oh, I'm here to protest (insert any reason)."

That will never be an acceptable response to gain access to another country.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Listen, you jumped into a conversation that you clearly didnt read. Youre just making yourself look stupid. You can keep it up if youd like, I dont mind.
    Pot kettle and all that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Silliness and a nothing story.

No different than when our CBSA officers were denying entry to US and other international visitors in 2010 who had declared their intentions to protest the G20 summit in Toronto.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    They're exercising their right to peaceful assembly. Something enshrined in both our constitutions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    They're exercising their right to peaceful assembly. Something enshrined in both our constitutions.
    You don't have a right to travel to the US. And as you're not currently within the US, you can not exercise the same rights the americans can.

You can exercise your right to peaceful assembly within your own country. Don't go to another country looking to protest, or you won't get in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    First we turn our back on Mexico and now Canada? We're not going to have any country friends left. D:
    Don't worry, Russia is the only friend we need!

They're always looking out for what's best for the United States.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

7+ Year Old Account
    Makes sense, "hi we are here to cause shit and most likely partake in some minor rioting , err i mean watch some bad apples riot /wink /wink "

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    Sorry Canada we are all out of play dough and puppies.

If you need to protest please ask your emissary @Tennisace for more safe spaces.
    Please dont judge all us canadians on the loud crazy whiny rambling ones

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Customs doesn't have anything to do on the Canadian border so when they get a couple of cute girls trying to enter the US they detain them so they can talk to them.
    >cute girls
    >womens march