Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    Precisely.

Invalid? No, you just look sloppy and that doesn't help your point, particularly since mobile has smart spelling. You keep spouting "the Han" as if it has some particular meaning. In the sense that you want it to, it does not. You don't even seem to have points to make, you think just saying "Han" and "Kool-Aid" are sufficient buzzwords. That makes me think that what you think you know tends to come from less than even handed sources.
    Han Chinese are the ethnic group that make up 95% of the Chinese population? That also hold all positions of power in the government in China and have been systemically enforcing their culture and systemically trying to breed out all other ethnicities for many years.

Combine this with their highly corrupt government, their extremely corrupt and illegal business practices, their human right abuses, their invadion of the South China sea and thier indoctrination of their population with miss information and staright out lies it is clear they should hold no power in the world order and the west should never of allowed them to grow as they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Unhinged View Post
    Han Chinese are the ethnic group that make up 95% of the Chinese population? That also hold all positions of power in the government in China and have been systemically enforcing their culture and systemically trying to breed out all other ethnicities for many years.

Combine this with their highly corrupt government, their extremely corrupt and illegal business practices, their human right abuses, their invadion of the South China sea and thier indoctrination of their population with miss information and staright out lies it is clear they should hold no power in the world order and the west should never of allowed them to grow as they have.
    That's it! Let the Chinese take over world leadership and we can bribe corrupt Chinese officials into removing their military bases from those islands in the South China Sea.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unhinged
    Han Chinese are the ethnic group that make up 95% of the Chinese population?
    Fascinating. So your "point" comes down to you being a racist who wants to make some vast conspiracy theory of "trying to breed out all other ethnicities"? Do they use a secret handshake? Special condoms?

That corrupt government, you might want to educate yourself on the whole tigers and flies thing. Corruption exists, as do efforts to root it out. How effective they are, and what bias may exist are other matters, but there is a fairly significant effort to control corruption.

Human rights abuses, you need some actual facts here. When presenting them, keep in mind the adage about glass houses and stones. Presented one way, I gather that the US supports widespread genital mutilation among male children. As for that breeding thing, you might want to look up what the exceptions to the One Child Policy were. Minorities also get extra points for their university application.

The South China Sea, is a disputed mess with a tangled history that cannot really be sorted out, particularly in terms of modern interests. The US has a particular set of interests that color the narrative, there are several countries doing things there. Interestingly, a similar issue came up with questions about why Malaysia largely escapes scrutiny for forced labor. Guess what sea passage they help control.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap
    we can bribe corrupt Chinese officials into removing their military
    Hey, it worked for the Manchu!
    Last edited by shadowmouse; 2017-01-24 at 09:51 AM. Reason: avoiding chain posting
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    Fascinating. So your "point" comes down to you being a racist who wants to make some vast conspiracy theory of "trying to breed out all other ethnicities"? Do they use a secret handshake? Special condoms?

That corrupt government, you might want to educate yourself on the whole tigers and flies thing. Corruption exists, as do efforts to root it out. How effective they are, and what bias may exist are other matters, but there is a fairly significant effort to control corruption.

Human rights abuses, you need some actual facts here. When presenting them, keep in mind the adage about glass houses and stones. Presented one way, I gather that the US supports widespread genital mutilation among male children. As for that breeding thing, you might want to look up what the exceptions to the One Child Policy were. Minorities also get extra points for their university application.

The South China Sea, is a disputed mess with a tangled history that cannot really be sorted out, particularly in terms of modern interests. The US has a particular set of interests that color the narrative, there are several countries doing things there. Interestingly, a similar issue came up with questions about why Malaysia largely escapes scrutiny for forced labor. Guess what sea passage they help control.

Edit:

Hey, it worked for the Manchu!
    Nothing racist about looking objectively looking at facts and pointing out what one group is doing to another. It's the same that happens in all sorts of countries with minorities. Example the white Austtalian treatment of aboriginals. Not racist in anyway to point out what one ethnic group is doing to another.

The whole Chinese economy is built on market manipulation and corruption. You not believing corruprion exists in all levels of government doesn't change the fact it is there.

Human rights, there is more than ample evidence for what the Chinese are up to and I am not from the US so good try.

China's clam on the South China sea is an absolute joke and if you cannot see that then that says everything we need to know about you.

The kool-aid comment really applies for you buddy. If you don't want to educate yourself and are happy drinking up government propaganda be my guest. You're not worth wasting time on.
    Last edited by Unhinged; 2017-01-24 at 10:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unhinged
    countries with minorities.
    Absent a system such as Apartheid, countries have governments. You aren't talking about government though, you keep dredging up race. Race did not, for example, build a railroad to Titbet (as you would have it). A government did. For you though, it seems they are all Chinese until it is convenient to say they aren't.

You read as poorly as you write. A program to root out corruption, something I specifically brought up, rather tends to say corruption exists. This is why most countries don't have programs to prevent the proliferation of unicorns, they don't exist. You're simply throwing out vague claims that without further support are little more than nation bashing.

There is "more than ample evidence" of nothing, since you keep failing to back your points up. Oh, and I really don't care where you're from, I happen to be from the US and I'll use US related examples for that reason so deal with it.

Well, the Chinese are fond of clams ... Again, the joke is that you spout buzzwords and fail to produce any proof of what you're talking about. All through the region, multiple countries are trying to prove that a fisherman once landed on a rock in order to bolster their claim to resources. China's claims are just part of the scramble.

Source: https://amti.csis.org/airstrips-scs/

Considering that you've yet to provide any facts, nyah, I'd say you need to educate yourself ... and learn how to use smart spelling on your phone.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.