Page 1 of 3
LastLast

we are still a wet noodle after avenging wrath

So with the nerf coming in to crusade and a minor buff to BoW. It still doesn't compensate that we lack any dmg after wrath, trying to push mythic 10+ its no fun with out wings on boss fights or mobs. It's either you blow your cd on adds and hit the boss with your wet noodle or save crusade and pull 400k on trash and still sit behind the tank while everyone is slamming 1m. We need more than just 20% on BOW imo.

Meant to say crusade not avenging wrath
    Last edited by vivel; 2017-01-23 at 05:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Normally, you want to use Crusade in between bosses.

Learning how the pacing of your group is going is crucial in optimal dps.

Will my CDs be up after these 2-4 trash packs? Pop Crusade. It won't? Don't pop it.

I feel like divine retribution from a paladin would have a compounding and stacking effect.

I'd be in favor of reworking holy wrath to leave a lasting impression of light on enemies. Holy spenders dealing 30% damage as a dot over 3 seconds.

Would be a nice alternative to crusade \ dp. While having usage in both Single target and aoe content. Without being too slow of a dot to use on trash.

But don't take my word for it. I'm only a balance genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Colmadero View Post
    Normally, you want to use Crusade in between bosses.

Learning how the pacing of your group is going is crucial in optimal dps.

Will my CDs be up after these 2-4 trash packs? Pop Crusade. It won't? Don't pop it.
    Helps to coordinate with your group and let them know you're ready to drop big dick dps so do a double pull (especially on undead or demon packs that you are going to coordinate stuns with)

Don't get me wrong I hold up pretty will in my mythic group I average around 650k on boss and 900k on trash. 884 item lvl, I just notice when I don't have any of my cd and we are pushing time it feels like I'm just slapping the add while the DH LoL eye beam and the monk is just fisting away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    We are not a wet noodle. You're playing it wrong. We're one of the strongest classes in almost all types of scenarios.

Use Divine Hammer + Fires of Justice in M+.

Quote Originally Posted by vivel View Post
    It's either you blow your cd on adds and hit the boss with your wet noodle or save crusade and pull 400k on trash and still sit behind the tank while everyone is slamming 1m. We need more than just 20% on BOW imo
    lol what I hit trash without crusade for up to 1 million+.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    We are not a wet noodle. You're playing it wrong. We're one of the strongest classes in almost all types of scenarios.

was saying wet noodles with out crusade

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post

Of course we are not, for the whole 30 seconds every 2 minutes.
    Also, pvp.

I haven't played ret enough to talk specifics, but the #1 DPS in our guild has been and continues to be a ret pally, so maybe we need more noodles?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    Also, pvp.
    Avenging Wrath is, overall, a 8.75% dps increase. Less then 10% of Ret's overall damage can be contributed to Avenging Wrath. Sure, when you could use Hammer with Wings, it was a hard-as-fuck hitting, but now? If you think ret hits like a wet noodle, then I guess mages without RoP hits like a wet noodle, or druids that don't use Savage Roar, or Mut rogues outside of Vendetta, yea?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    I haven't played ret enough to talk specifics, but the #1 DPS in our guild has been and continues to be a ret pally, so maybe we need more noodles?
    Or a lesson on dps basics for your other dps

"Developers’ Notes: Retribution's total damage is looking quite strong in 7.1.5, which is fine on its own. However, how that damage is delivered matters quite a bit as well. We've been seeing more and more than Paladins find that the optimal way to maximize their performance is to focus everything they can on boosting their damage during Crusade. This creates a number of problems, including: Crusade feels mandatory, your damage feels very unrewarding outside of Crusade, trinkets and artifact traits are viewed as either amazing or terrible based on whether they synergize with Crusade, and others.

As such, we're going to tone down Crusade, and compensate with a buff to Blade of Justice. For those that had maximized Crusade to an extreme degree, this may result in a small overall nerf – this is intended. This change also helps prevent Divine Hammer from being too dominant in single-target situations."

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Avenging Wrath is, overall, a 8.75% dps increase. Less then 10% of Ret's overall damage can be contributed to Avenging Wrath. Sure, when you could use Hammer with Wings, it was a hard-as-fuck hitting, but now? If you think ret hits like a wet noodle, then I guess mages without RoP hits like a wet noodle, or druids that don't use Savage Roar, or Mut rogues outside of Vendetta, yea?
    How did you figure these 9% out?
    I can't begin to imagine. Did you factor in Crusade bonuses? FCM proc bonuses? Potion of old war proc bonuses?

And no. No other cooldown ingame offers such a powerup. Which logically translates to our damage outside of it being lower.

Also, pvp. You can try to force a healer into submission W/o wings as Ret, and then as any other melee class, basically. I suppose you'll notice a difference.

Also, pvp.
    Lol then you should. I wonder what's your experience/progress Sorrow, you seem to be very vocal here but what's your experience?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    I have been that guy in my guild and I agree with the nerf. Others here can get some gear raid, notice how op we are now and stfu alrdy.

Quote Originally Posted by Melkorr View Post
    Lol then you should. I wonder what's your experience/progress Sorrow, you seem to be very vocal here but what's your experience?

- - - Updated - - -

I have been that guy in my guild and I agree with the nerf. Others here can get some gear raid, notice how op we are now and stfu alrdy.
    Should I respond, or should I, to quote "get out if here nobody likes you"?
    Make up your mind, would you please kindly.

Should I respond, or should I, to quote "get out if here nobody likes you"?
    Make up your mind, would you please kindly.
    Nono, please respond because if you answer my question we'll finally have proof for all that BS you keep posting, now we just know you're just talking nonsense, I just want to prove you're bad .

Character name and current Raid/M+ Progress would be enough thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Melkorr View Post
    Nono, please respond because if you answer my question we'll finally have proof for all that BS you keep posting, now we just know you're just talking nonsense, I just want to prove you're bad .

Character name and current Raid/M+ Progress would be enough thank you.
    Hooo ~
    Now this looks like fun
    Bs I'm posting? I never did list anything but truth.
    And if I was wrong I always was first to acknowledge it and correct myself.
    But yeah, keep it personal, poo-throwing is what this thread needs

And if I'm not one of top-50 Rets around the world?
    What if I am? What if I'm a LFR hero?
    Will that make anything I said less relevant or true?

I somehow doubt it. You just want to armory bash me, or find any ground to ridicule me since you lack any verbal skills whatsoever.
    Come at me, bro

Hooo ~
    Now this looks like fun

I somehow doubt it. You just want to armory bash me, or find any ground to ridicule me since you lack any verbal skills whatsoever.
    Come at me, bro
    Excuse me if my verbal skills aren't the best, English is my third language.
    I just want to know what kind of ret is posting all this information about our class.
    Why are you so afraid to share? You don't need to be top 50, you just need to have enough experience to prove what you say and you clearly don't since you're afraid to share, you can even send it as a private message.

Hooo ~
    Now this looks like fun

Come at me, bro
    he didnt ask for an armory link or if your one of the best rets in the world, he asked a simple question of what your current experience in raiding with said toon is.

we have a ret in my guild who constantly clears M12+ each week easily in pugs with his keys, he does amazing dps on raid bosses (500k Sust),

i jsut cant see how such a difference is and his ilvl is 879 if yours really is 884 as you suggested, your gear is horribly itemized, and you are running the wrong stats.

or as other have suggested you need to read up on how to play the class better, and change your way you play, so you dont rely on one single ability to remain relevant.

Yes crusade is godly when used, but learning to be decent outside of it will help you in the long run as well.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.