Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Unhappy Draught of Souls on the GCD as of tomorrow, thoughts?

I'm lucky enough to have one of these (Fury Warrior) and use of it during my burst window feels pretty smooth right now. However I'm worried about what this item being on the GCD will do to that burst window now. Seems like it will over extend things and I wanted to get your opinions on how we may optimally use it now.

It seems obvious that we're probably going to want to give the trinket priority during cool downs, however this will likely make the rest of our burst window a bit more clunky and suffer, e.g. not getting maximum benefit out of OF among other things.

Anyhow, thoughts opinions?
    Last edited by InfiniteWeird; 2017-01-24 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Fixed a thing.

compara how much damage this trinked does for Warriors i was realy surprice that it didnt get warrior specyfik nerf

Deleted

P.S deleting it, sicen Infinite Weird points its off topic
    Last edited by mmocc3334f36b3; 2017-01-24 at 10:32 AM.

Alright boys, I think we're getting a little off topic here.

Quote Originally Posted by Touchmelol View Post
    if you keep talking like a retard, it will be nerfed for warriors... just i can't understand why in this warrior forum everybody complains like a little princess when we are OP.

Earlier today, i saw a thread for Spell reflect in NH - YAYYYY Warrior tank, the paper one, can reflect magic damage, per 25 secs YAYY nerf nerf nerf!!
    Most probably because some of us can think critically?

----

As for the trinket,, I think after this clunky change optimal burst window should look like:

Ramp > RB > Draug > RB

Depending on your haste you might have to wait for last RB. Also, it might be worth considering to go like this:

Ramp > RB > Draug > BT > RB

This should be doable with high haste - 30%+.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastlin View Post

----

As for the trinket,, I think after this clunky change optimal burst window should look like:

Ramp > RB > Draug > RB

Depending on your haste you might have to wait for last RB. Also, it might be worth considering to go like this:

What about Odyn's Fury in this roatation

While the trinket damage itself hasn't been nerfed, its opportunity cost has risen, and the one GCD it pushes out of the rotation can be impactful, particularly when it's a Raging Blow.

I just started playing with it, but projections put it at ~3-5% overall DPS nerf for Fury depending on gear, and 2-4% nerf for Arms; neither of which is insignificant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kubuntu View Post
    compara how much damage this trinked does for Warriors i was realy surprice that it didnt get warrior specyfik nerf
    "We'll look into Draught and its effect for Warriors a bit more. Worth noting that the change to have it on the GCD does mean the trinket will be a bit weaker after these hotfixes for most classes (Unholy DK being the exception, due to the damage increase)."

you can find this quote pretty close to the bottom of the trinket blue post.

----

Ramp > RB > Draug > RB

I've been playing with it a little and so far putting Ramp > RB in front of Draught results in around a 1 million damage loss to Draught due to froth falling off before it is done. Mind you this is just me eyeballing the GCD and waiting to use it since the change isn't on live yet. I'm sure I'll know better later today what I can squeeze into it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchmelol View Post
    if you keep talking like a retard, it will be nerfed for warriors... just i can't understand why in this warrior forum everybody complains like a little princess when we are OP.
    Blue: "We'll look into Draught and its effect for Warriors a bit more!" nerfs incoming. Still thinking this is caused by forums is stupid.

Deleted

this one too...

Deleted
    Some ppl seem to miss the obvious. DoS is so good for warriors cause we can stack so many cds on it compared to other classes. Already placing in on the gcd is a quite a nerf already. 3sec doing nothing when using DoS is 3sec not hitting other abilities like RB which hits like a truck. So if they nerf it even more for warriors it may be on par with say an equal ilvl paw which would be a shame.

One would certainly hope that with this change we don't see further nerfs later down the line. With the benefit of CD stacking comes the cost of CD duration in the context of GCD's spent within a CD window, before the hotfix DoS's duration 'cost' was effectively reduced from 3 to 1 second through the use of rampage into DoS without cancelling the aforementioned rampage.

Adding it back onto the GCD means we loose an additional 2 seconds from BC assuming that time was previously used to cast rampage which has already been stated to be a significant hit to furies max potential. After witnessing the absolute shambles of the way blizzard handled the balancing of convergence with ret I wouldnt hold my breath in regards to DoS balancing with warriors, but that's just the pessimist in me talking.
    Last edited by Oneer; 2017-01-24 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteWeird View Post
    I've been playing with it a little and so far putting Ramp > RB in front of Draught results in around a 1 million damage loss to Draught due to froth falling off before it is done. Mind you this is just me eyeballing the GCD and waiting to use it since the change isn't on live yet. I'm sure I'll know better later today what I can squeeze into it.
    With just as little as 17% haste, you should get full duration of Draught benefiting from Froth - it's 1,71 + 1,28 + 3 ~ 6 sec in terms of GCD/Channel, the same duration as the buff.

Indeed I forgot about OF, so the revised priority might look like:

Ramp > OF > Draught > RB > BT

Depending on haste, last BT might fall off the burst window.

With just as little as 17% haste, you should get full duration of Draught benefiting from Froth - it's 1,71 + 1,28 + 3 ~ 6 sec in terms of GCD/Channel, the same duration as the buff.

Indeed I forgot about OF, so the revised priority might look like:

Ramp > OF > Draught > RB > BT

Depending on haste, last BT might fall off the burst window.
    With this your DoS will partially fall off enrage, same as your RB, so I think you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsu View Post
    With this your DoS will partially fall off enrage, same as your RB, so I think you're wrong.
    Wont fall off with 4 set.

Deleted
    Anyone here knows how the GCD of Rampage works? Cuz I tried looking at the latest simcraft build and the time between Rampage and the Draught of Souls is 1.222 to be exact. However doesn't Rampage have a static 1.5 GCD?

Am I incorrect about the GCD or is Simcraft bugged (I used the latest nightly build)?

Quote Originally Posted by MithosX View Post
    Anyone here knows how the GCD of Rampage works? Cuz I tried looking at the latest simcraft build and the time between Rampage and the Draught of Souls is 1.222 to be exact. However doesn't Rampage have a static 1.5 GCD?

Am I incorrect about the GCD or is Simcraft bugged (I used the latest nightly build)?
    Can't say what version you pulled or what you did with it, but my version doesn't reflect that. Try troubleshooting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Can't say what version you pulled or what you did with it, but my version doesn't reflect that. Try troubleshooting.
    That's very weird, I tried the Official build and the nightly build (http://downloads.simulationcraft.org...5-02-Win64.exe), I tried clearing the Appdata. Everything still resulted in a normal GCD after Rampage instead of the 1.5 GCD. No idea how you can get a 1.5 GCD and I can't
    Last edited by mmoc8504677281; 2017-01-24 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MithosX View Post
    That's very weird, I tried the Official build and the nightly build (http://downloads.simulationcraft.org...5-02-Win64.exe), I tried clearing the Appdata. Everything still resulted in a normal GCD after Rampage instead of the 1.5 GCD. No idea how you can get a 1.5 GCD and I can't
    I misread your error; I see what's going on now.

The sim doesn't cast Bloodlust until the first GCD goes out. For me, that's Rampage, and since it's already been cast, it's not getting the Haste from Bloodlust, so it's carrying a normal GCD. You don't have that issue because you're using Bloodthirst first in your opener, which you shouldn't be if you have RA talented (which judging by your rage generation, you do).

That's really curious; do me a favor and create a pastebin/similar with the simulation profile and send it to me here or on discord.