Blood DK 4 Piece Set Bonus

So I just recently acquired the 4 piece set from Nighthold and I wanted to get thoughts on the 4 piece set bonus and sacrifing haste because of it. With the set bonus your death stikes have a 25% chance to generate a rune. I've found that with this bonus I have been able to sacrifice a little bit of haste, where i was at 30% and I am now at 26%. I could equip other pieces with more haste but I would lose the 4 piece set bonus. What is your guys opinion, stay with set bonus or get back up to 30% haste??
    Last edited by InTheClouds; 2017-01-24 at 11:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imo, can never have too much haste as blood. Faster runes means more RP which means more DS which means more everything.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    You didn't give us the full picture as you omitted ilevels of the various pieces, but assuming that all else is equal, the 4pc is better than 4% haste.

On this same theme, I'm assuming 2pce is worth a 15ilvl cloak decrease and 400 Haste? I'd be replacing my 875 haste/versa cloak with the 860 LFR tier cloak and gain 2pce.

Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    You didn't give us the full picture as you omitted ilevels of the various pieces, but assuming that all else is equal, the 4pc is better than 4% haste.
    Sorry, ya the ilvl difference is about a 1 ilvl decrease overall so pretty much the same. After trying the 4 pc out more I do like it a lot better than the extra 4% haste as the 25% proc on a rune is fairly often and I can generate just as much if not more rp.

To the OP how were you playing with such low haste that seem awfully slow. I have been playing with about 38-40% for awhile and I can't see sacrificing so much as being good. Beyond the whole RP and rune argument doesn't the game play seem slow with the lack of GCD reduction?

Set bonus is basically

"you now have runic Empowerment"

if you consider 25% "proc" chance from a DS and the 10% extra Rp from the 2 pc its basically blizzard saying "we think we made a mistake removing your resource loop mechanic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cortic View Post
    On this same theme, I'm assuming 2pce is worth a 15ilvl cloak decrease and 400 Haste? I'd be replacing my 875 haste/versa cloak with the 860 LFR tier cloak and gain 2pce.
    The 2-piece is very strong. I would recommend it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post
    Set bonus is basically

"you now have runic Empowerment"

if you consider 25% "proc" chance from a DS and the 10% extra Rp from the 2 pc its basically blizzard saying "we think we made a mistake removing your resource loop mechanic"
    On the contrary, it's Blizzard saying: "This is why we nerfed your Runic Power generation talents."

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain32 View Post
    To the OP how were you playing with such low haste that seem awfully slow. I have been playing with about 38-40% for awhile and I can't see sacrificing so much as being good. Beyond the whole RP and rune argument doesn't the game play seem slow with the lack of GCD reduction?
    With bone shield up my haste sits at 39% which brings me GCD to roughly 1.17 seconds. The gameplay feels pretty fluid with that.

- - - Updated - - -

I have also gone back to the heartbreaker talent for mythic +. Even with the decrease in rp generated from it, the extra rp it generates and having both set bonuses I am almost never out of rp. Also with the legendary legs Rattlegore Bone Legplates, which increase my max rp by 60 when boneshield is up, I even find myself capping out my runic power quite often and having to use DS just to not cap out. My overall thoughts on the set bonus is that it is very strong right now and worth sacrificing a bit of haste if need be.

I wouldnt favor haste that much above literally everything else like so many people seem to do these days. Im sitting at 26% haste unbuffed and a nice balance of other secondary stats and I have yet to find myself struggeling on any mythic bosses or looking for more regen. Mythic krosus hurts like hell but is vary manageable as a blood dk, while my prot warrior co-tank seems to be struggeling alot more then I do on that fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Meeni View Post
    I wouldnt favor haste that much above literally everything else like so many people seem to do these days. Im sitting at 26% haste unbuffed and a nice balance of other secondary stats and I have yet to find myself struggeling on any mythic bosses or looking for more regen. Mythic krosus hurts like hell but is vary manageable as a blood dk, while my prot warrior co-tank seems to be struggeling alot more then I do on that fight.
    I agree, I'm sitting at just above 26% unbuffed as well with about 12% vers and 35% mastery. I'm having little to no issues in NH although I'm only running heroic at the moment. I noticed that with heavy hitting mechanics, for example annihilate on Spellblade we have no problem surviving, just have some rp ready to go and pop vamp blood and then a couple DS and we are still sitting at almost full health. I think as long as you have good resource and CD management then having a nice balance of secondary stats is just fine.
    Last edited by InTheClouds; 2017-01-28 at 12:41 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The sets are okay, but I wouldn't sacrifice a huge amount of iLvL to get them. The chest is itemized really well for instance, but I coined a 925 chest off Gul'dan, which I likely won't be able to replace, even though it has mastery on it.

I stack haste where I can get it, but I wouldn't suggest forgoing a mass amount of iLvLs just to get a haste piece, nor would I suggest downgrading iLvL a lot for the 4 piece.

Blizzard historically gives blood DKs really meh or simply terrible set bonuses, and it's really annoying. I suppose in a way it's fine because that means we also aren't reliant on them.