Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    I won't pretend to understand how the US voting system works (cause I haven't a clue), but I do think it's crazy that he got less actual votes from the American people, and still won. :/
    It set up with dampening systems to prevent an oppressive majority from taking over the country. Direct democracies (50%+1 rule) tend to trample over everyone and consolidate power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ControlWarrior View Post
    Well, considering that the "Feds" already took control of the city, i.e. Rahm Emanuel, Obama's first Chief of Staff. Anything Trump does has to be an improvement.
    I'm curious.

If cities are such squalid hellholes under Democratic government, shouldn't it be easy for the Republicans to win elections offering alternatives?

Well, considering that the "Feds" already took control of the city, i.e. Rahm Emanuel, Obama's first Chief of Staff. Anything Trump does has to be an improvement.
    ....you're trying too hard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Apparently we cannot without a mod's blessing. Petition a global.
    Not sure about "petitioning" a "global", but I did request one.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I'm curious.

If cities are such squalid hellholes under Democratic government, shouldn't it be easy for the Republicans to win elections offering alternatives?
    You'd think huh.
    As a warrior, one of our most crucial tasks is... protection. We are the shield of the Horde, and we keep our weaker brethren safe. If you are to join in our ranks, then you must prove your mettle to me. -Veteran Uzzek

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    I won't pretend to understand how the US voting system works (cause I haven't a clue), but I do think it's crazy that he got less actual votes from the American people, and still won. :/
    What's even crazier is that he's trying to blame illegal immigrants for his popular vote loss, who can't vote.

10+ Year Old Account
    You'd think huh.
    So the Republicans must be pretty damn incompetent, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    ....you're trying too hard.
    Try hard or go home
    As a warrior, one of our most crucial tasks is... protection. We are the shield of the Horde, and we keep our weaker brethren safe. If you are to join in our ranks, then you must prove your mettle to me. -Veteran Uzzek

Deleted
    Good, the violence has to stop.

Deleted
    Does the president even have that power?

Its pretty terrible that he makes vague threats against local governments that are probably violations of his authority.
    I mean the local governments are doing a bang up job and all. Only 228 shootings in 2017 with 42 killings.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Does the president even have that power?
    Who knows! His threat is too vague to judge! Wheeeeeeee

So we are only 24 days into 2017 and theres already 228 shootings? wow... that does sound like a problem.
    Nothing wrong with wanting to stop people from murdering each other.

Lots of crying going on. Trump won under the rules. I hope he invades Chicago and puts all the criminals and liberals there on pikes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Good, the violence has to stop.
    Would you have supported Obama doing the same?

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    So we are only 24 days into 2017 and theres already 228 shootings? wow... that does sound like a problem.
    Nothing wrong with wanting to stop people from murdering each other.
    There's a lot wrong with the President making vague threats based off what he watched on TV that night.

Who knows! His threat is too vague to judge! Wheeeeeeee
    What if he sends in agents from the Agriculture department!? He wasn't specific about which Feds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Lots of crying going on. Trump won under the rules. I hope he invades Chicago and puts all the criminals and liberals there on pikes.
    Winning the electoral college means you get to slaughter your political opponents, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    How about he sends the Feds to where the guns are coming from. You know, like Indiana.
    Good idea. hold everybody accountable except for the people doing the actual killings. While we're at it lets blame detroit for building all the cars used in drunk driving accidents.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Deleted
    What if he sends in agents from the Agriculture department!? He wasn't specific about which Feds.
    Teach them to grow crops, give them a steady job. Heck, might actually be successful.