Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Might of Krosus "buff"?

Can someone explain this to me please.

Got trinket last night heroic. Tool tips stats 440k split and bla bla bla. on H Tich it was critting for 360k just on the boss and 310k+ when adds were present (2-4 targets) all around.

Just now i used on Trilliax byt himself and 160k was the hardest hitting crit.. same with trash...

If it got a buff and 100% crit why has the damage took a poop in 12 hours? I do not get it. I put on this 880 MoK and my 895 Ursoc Paw and MoK did almost triple the damage.

Is it broken or just junk now?

•Might of Krosus: Damage reduced by 25%, but is now always a critical strike. Also, fixed a bug where the cooldown was incorrectly being reduced if Might of Krosus damaged at least 3 targets. The tooltip for Might of Krosus will display the amount of damage that will result from the critical hit, not the base damage.

It didn't get buffed AND 100% crit. It got nerfed by 25% but now always crits.

Is the damage magic or physical? If its physical it is getting reduced by enemy armor isn't it? Is this still a thing?

Yep, it is physical. http://www.wowhead.com/spell=232044/colossal-slam

It sounds like the change made it crappier than it already was.
    Last edited by Exotath; 2017-01-25 at 05:42 PM.
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valermos View Post
    Is the damage magic or physical? If its physical it is getting reduced by enemy armor isn't it? Is this still a thing?

Yep, it is physical. http://www.wowhead.com/spell=232044/colossal-slam

It sounds like the change made it crappier than it already was.
    Thank you both clarifying. Vending it now

- - - Updated - - -

Thought it read 25% buff. Reading is hard

Deleted
    Yeah it's worst than before. I'm a bit crazy about thoses trinkets right now. thx blizzard ...

7+ Year Old Account
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=1

it did 5.99 Million damage on the Heroic Tich kill. We stacked bloods and adds next to Tich and MoK crit everything in its path for 310-350k. It was fun to use even on trash before this boss....

There is something wrong with it atleast. Cause mine hit for 180k when the tooltip says 440k. Sure its physical but bosses dont have 60-70% dmg red against that.
    So something is not working as it supposed to.

yeh its bugged nothing we can do until hotfix

even on single enemy targets it is hitting for extremely low amounts..

for a trinket that has an on use cd, it is bad.... congrats everyone you get an extra melee attack every minute

I have a 905 version, tooltip says just under 507k and it is hitting for 190k average.

Might of Krosus trinket is ABSOLUTE garbage.

IIRC, physical damage is reduced by 30% because of the general armor given to pve mobs, correct?

The damage output is extremly inaccurate.

Deleted
    I rolled a socketed heroic version yesterday, I hoping for a decent relic instead. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=1

it did 5.99 Million damage on the Heroic Tich kill. We stacked bloods and adds next to Tich and MoK crit everything in its path for 310-350k. It was fun to use even on trash before this boss....
    Keeping bloods (+ other adds) on boss is viable on Heroic? Someone in our guild said the same thing on our attempts last night but everyone else was like "naah you can't do that except on Normal". Is some sick burst required or do they just take a bit longer to kill vs taking them 30y away?

Got this crappy trinket twice from Krosus N and HC, feels like wasted loot opportunities. What's up with the devs making such terrible raid trinkets? Even managed to get Convergence of fates from Elisande HC, but it sucks cause my gargoyle shoots bolts of noodles.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barael View Post
    Keeping bloods (+ other adds) on boss is viable on Heroic? Someone in our guild said the same thing on our attempts last night but everyone else was like "naah you can't do that except on Normal". Is some sick burst required or do they just take a bit longer to kill vs taking them 30y away?
    It is done on heroic and incredible aoe dps (most likely in the millions) is required from probably 60-70% of your raid dps when the adds spawn. Alot of the top heroic parses in warcraft logs use this strategy. You can see it when you look at the replay option in warcraft logs, a really useful tool. The top parse on logs tank the boss on the otherside increasing the hp of the extra adds that appear after the first phantasmal bloodfang phase. Not a strategy that'd I recommend for most guilds.

Back to the trinket. It's pretty damn awful, even on Tichondrius, as it stands.

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...30559564754949
    Got an answer from them. Its currently bugged. Supposed to do 450k-ish damage and not 150kish as it does today

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by exeetor View Post
    Got an answer from them. Its currently bugged. Supposed to do 450k-ish damage and not 150kish as it does today
    even if it does 450k, it's still bad
    i wish they could add an extra effect like damage incrase on target hited by the trinket for the user. (5-10 sec, idk)

But, as is it, it's here only for the STR.

I used it for that (and because i have crappy trinkets, bad luck stink) i have Urn(875) MoK(890) Scorpid (885) Ursoc(880) and Horn of Valor (870) fresh loot.
    trying the Horn of Valor now, not sure if i like it. Pick my Urn in 2nd slot.

450k = 10k dps on ST. Should be around 2% dps from that effect only (a tad bit less depending on the fight). Its not great but its ok, as a strength stick its alrite but ofc. There are way beter ones out there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by exeetor View Post
    450k = 10k dps on ST. Should be around 2% dps from that effect only (a tad bit less depending on the fight). Its not great but its ok, as a strength stick its alrite but ofc. There are way beter ones out there.
    I used it on a dummy, i did 190K with 1hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Scyn View Post
    I used it on a dummy, i did 190K with 1hit.
    ltr, its bugged and will be fixed around 450k as stated in the posts before