Skipping Spellblade?

I've spent some time looking for an answer, but haven't been able to find anything on the subject.

Is Spellblade Aluriel skippable? Last week my group moved past her on heroic and intended pushing through Krosus first. When we cleared all the trash we were disappointed to find that there was a door blocking us from getting to Krosus. I keep reading that the middle 5 bosses can be done in any order, am I doing something wrong here?

No, you have to defeat her before you can access the next 4 bosses.

Seems bug or hotfix today then ?cos we were able to do krosus without killing spellblade. Didnt check other bosses though and you just have to watch for her pat after every wipe. This was on heroic

yes you can go to krosus without killing spellblade now, and it's probably likely that most guilds on mythic will do so

Ok, but how are people doing this? I see groups killing other bosses while aluriel is still patrolling around. The doors to the buildings and to Krosus are closed at first, but when I join these groups they are open.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Spellblade walks around in her room/circle. You can just avoid her and go to other bosses.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was weird. First week we went in.their door to krosus bridge was closed. Second week open. We still.killed aluriel though.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

I'm sure you have to kill her eventually, but I think they changed it so you can go to some of the other bosses first. We skipped her to get to Krosus for the tier while working on Heroic.

We were going to do Krosus before Spellblade for our little guild heroic progress. The door is open, but the run back to Krosus is such a bitch if you havent killed Spellblade. You have to run all the way from Trilliax room. So we just killed Spellblade first and then finished the night by killing Krosus on last pull of the night. Good feeling

We've moved onto the next two bosses as we just couldn't get Spellblade down.

It is odd that it wasn't possible week 1, not sure if a bug was fixed or a bug was created

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

On PTR you could skip Spellblade, then for the first week you couldn't (They likely changed their minds on this) Then for week 2, you were able to skip her again.
    Boss order is
    Skorp
    Chronomatic
    Trillixax
    Spellblade/Krosus/Tich/Botanist/Augur
    Elisande
    Gul'dan.

We skipped her and went for Krosus. As for the run back, we had an engineer drop a failure detection pylon so that we could just rez right there.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    We've moved onto the next two bosses as we just couldn't get Spellblade down.

It is odd that it wasn't possible week 1, not sure if a bug was fixed or a bug was created
    They said on Twitter that it was intended to skip her, they just had a bug with the door being shut on week 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Nobody changed their mind, it's what we call a bug.
    Cool, and? Doesn't change anything either way.