Do you use Combat Ally?

Currently, I am stuck between choose Spoils of War and Val'kyr's Call

I don't usually use Combat Ally at all, prefer all five of my followers to stay back and quest, meaning Spoils of War are kinda useless to me. However, all the posts I found suggest Spoils of War being a superior choice (Although they also mention Val'Kyr's call being on a 3day cooldown while I notice it's just 18hrs, has it been buffed?)

So should I start using Combat Ally to take advantage of the perk?

10+ Year Old Account
    I use one with a gold collecting and resource gathering perk. The missions i get in my order hall are pretty basic so i skip most of them.

Deleted
    Doing worldquests with an active bodyguard or support with +resource items gives you (in my opinion) more in the long run.
    Especially if you are lucky and get one of the legendary ones.

Valkyrs are on an 18 hour cooldown, it got buffed. They just never changed the tooltip.

Spoils of War is nice because you can maintain a flow of Order Resources even if you're only doing AP or Loot WQs. It also works with any Combat Ally (not just Bodyguards), so you can equip someone like Thorim (who gives a 25% Attack Power buff for 5 minutes, on a 2 minute cooldown) and be set. You can also unequip him whenever you need to bring him on missions.

Really though, I've found that Finna/Hymdall/Ragnvald/Svergan are so good that most of the time you don't even need a 5th champion. I just keep Thorim permanently as a combat ally with the two equipments that give gold from WQs.

10+ Year Old Account
    atm most WQ dont even take more that 5 mins so ill stick with spoils i just like the resources stockpiling right i am at 330 k resources

10+ Year Old Account
    I use one with a 100 token and a 50 token, on top of the order hall resource trait. So, every single world quest I do, I get 250 resources on top of whatever other rewards there are.

I'm approaching 40K resources rapidly without pulling punches on sending out my followers as soon as they're available, regardless of reward. So, I COULD have tons more resources if I was choosy about missions.

I can't imagine a better method of farming resources easily.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

I love Valkyrs Call. Its awesome for doing some of the WQ's I dont actually want to do (Kirin Tor, profession, PVP). I use Thorim with a +100 and +50 resource items and have plenty of resources. It's not like you can really do much with the resources once you are fully complete with the research anyway. You don't need 300k for anything. If there was a way to readily convert them to gold, that would be different.

Thorim gives you a 5 minute damage buff so I use him. Also the AoE stun isn't bad either.

I will in 7.2 when we finnally get a fun combat ally. Will be nice fighting alongside Crowley in all his warriorness and not say Thorim the magical lightning golem, Hodir the magical snow golem, or Random Iron Dwarf the magical lightning golem.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

My plan is to dump VC once I finish the PvP WQ achievement. VC is already so limited on what it can do and as far as I know it doesn't work on any of the new 7.2 WQs. World Quest Group Finder addon makes them stupid fast as it is.
    Last edited by Sammonoske; 2017-01-28 at 01:04 AM.

Deleted
    i use thorim:

-25% attack power pretty much always
    -50g per WQ
    -100 resources per WQ

I find that just doing this i can spend the 7000 resources a week on bonus rolls and it stays roughly equal, i thought about changing valkyr to spoils but since my resources stay equal/slowly climb i just use the valkyrs on shit WQs that are annoying to do or out of the way. In a few days my weapon will be 54 so ill probably will do less WQ so maybe ill re-evaluate then.