Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Oh, the pain, the pain.
    /facepalm x 1000

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    shouldn't be classified as a medical condition
    Going to have to agree. Homelessness is a result of a condition/choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tota
    Homelessness is a result of a condition
    Yes, as I noted, the underlying condition is all too often brain injury. It can come from childhood abuse, sports, or a number of other factors. We treat head injuries too much like the old joke about plane landings -- any one you walk away from is OK. It turns out that isn't always true.

The bill in the OP is a bs stunt, but there is a problem that really should be looked at more seriously and it is a medical issue.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    Yes, as I noted, the underlying condition is all too often brain injury. It can come from childhood abuse, sports, or a number of other factors. We treat head injuries too much like the old joke about plane landings -- any one you walk away from is OK. It turns out that isn't always true.

The bill in the OP is a bs stunt, but there is a problem that really should be looked at more seriously and it is a medical issue.
    Not all the conditions that result in homelessness are medical. They can be from other people's lack of care. They can be from lack of money. (both of which can be a result of a medical condition or a choice)
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2017-01-28 at 06:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Tota Note the words "all too often". Studies are starting to show a disturbing connection between brain injury and homelessness, with overlap extending to other factors in homelessness.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.