Exclamation [Shimmer Talent] - Is this a bug or it is working as intended?

Hellow Fellow Mages,

I been playing around legion with my 10+ years old mage. Tried something I am not used to, shimmer and now I can't live without it. It happen to be annoying because it is not fully reliable, randomly, 60% of the time, when i shimmer during a cast, it will be interrupted even if I stand still the entire process. I`ve read this is a Latency issue, however, I run at 150-200ms and I play with no problem at all any other classes or spells in the game.

Do you experience this as well? Is something Blizz is aware about?

But.. I am a rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvorea View Post
    Hellow Fellow Mages,

I been playing around legion with my 10+ years old mage. Tried something I am not used to, shimmer and now I can't live without it. It happen to be annoying because it is not fully reliable, randomly, 60% of the time, when i shimmer during a cast, it will be interrupted even if I stand still the entire process. I`ve read this is a Latency issue, however, I run at 150-200ms and I play with no problem at all any other classes or spells in the game.

Do you experience this as well? Is something Blizz is aware about?
    Never had that. Do still have the "oh there was a pebble on the floor" stop the shimmer short.

It is a latency issue. You said you play at 150 to 200MS? That's the problem. My shimmer interrupts my casts around that Ms

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

It could be a macro. I was running a /stop casting /cast blink macro for shimmer and I didn't notice until later

I play with 100ms, which has never been a problem before.

I can't use shimmer as arcane, it interrupts my casts every 2 or 3 casts.

I used ice floes to cover it before the patch, but losing an evocate is so horrible.

so with latency issues, what do you reccomend doing with shimmer?

Quote Originally Posted by Vlue View Post
    so with latency issues, what do you reccomend doing with shimmer?
    As arcane, spec slipstream.

As fire, I don't know, suffer?