Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    So Steam has it wrong and over 19,000 players didn't log onto Rift during the past 2 weeks?
    With a peak concurrence of 495. That means 400-600 people logged in over 2 weeks and that was the total after 2 weeks. I doubt those 19,000 were each a unique person if the peak concurrence is that low. That is how Steamspy works. Just stop. Rift doesn't have 19k players on Steam. It barely struggles to get 600 in a 1 day peak. You are really trying way too hard here to make it appear that Rift has more players than it actually does.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-03-24 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Yes, but STO also showed a steady decline after they released their own launcher and gave freebies for doing it. Meanwhile, their internal metrics showed that the game was actually growing. So what the Steam Charts indicated was the exact opposite of what was happening.
    Situations like those are the exception rather than the norm. The vast majority of times Steamcharts does accurately reflect player trends, this holds true for MMO's and Single player games alike. Again, I'm not going to say that it is 100% accurate. It is representative of overall player trends if you take the time to look at the data presented. They are, currently, the only real source of player data we have to work with.

Since Trion have released no official player numbers, we can use Steamcharts to make a reasonable estimation of where the playerbase stands right now. For example, we can say that the player base now is smaller than it was in November 2014 when Nightmare Tide was released. Would anyone dispute that? I doubt it, when I log on now the servers seem to be more or less deserted and queue times for most content are way up from what they were at the begining of Nightmare Tide.

We can clearly see player numbers leap upwards when the game went Free to Play, too. And we can see that the game player base shrank from that high point in the second half of Storm Legion. We may not have the actual raw numbers of players that involved, but we do have some empirical data as well as some anecdotal evidence suggesting that both are true.

So the actual progression raid Intrepid ROTP is not going to be open at launch yet Tartaric Depths which is for LFR is? This is just tragic.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-03-25 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    With a peak concurrence of 495. That means 400-600 people logged in over 2 weeks and that was the total after 2 weeks. I doubt those 19,000 were each a unique person if the peak concurrence is that low. That is how Steamspy works. Just stop. Rift doesn't have 19k players on Steam. It barely struggles to get 600 in a 1 day peak. You are really trying way too hard here to make it appear that Rift has more players than it actually does.
    Wow, you have NO idea what you are talking about, the Starfall Prophecy launch trailer had 500k+ views! Rift has TONS of players

/s

Also, rip any chance of me returning for 4.1, maybe 4.2!
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

And this ladies and gentleman is your so called "community ambassador." And you wonder why people here tell others to avoid Rift. Not just the quality of the game but the community is a joke.

And yeah a lot of people here are right. Around 30 guilds cleared the last raid on Normal. I really don't expect that number to be higher considering people have quit due to lack of content and quality of content.

I don't expect the raid to be launched polished and working either because well right now Trion have a track record of releasing content buggy and messy in Rift these days.
    i'm starting to wonder if the rift team is playing a bad april fools joke

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Wow, you have NO idea what you are talking about, the Starfall Prophecy launch trailer had 500k+ views! Rift has TONS of players

/s

Also, rip any chance of me returning for 4.1, maybe 4.2!
    Oh sorry my bad Ryan I totally forgot. Wait. The Comet of Ahnket video has more views than that video so surely that means Rift has at least 1 million unique players right now? /s

Sooooooooo..... Any reason to actually login tomorrow?
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-03-27 at 07:29 PM.

Sooooooooo..... Any reason to actually login tomorrow?
    Um....awesome LFR action? Assuming that doesn't get immediately deactivated like much of the other content in SFP has been upon release : |

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    I must be reading this Steamspy thing you all swear by wrong, it tells me over 19,000 players during the past 2 weeks, maybe it's the same 500.....

Yeah you are. It lists players who have it installed and logged in over 2 weeks. That's 19k people logging in at some point over 2 weeks, that's fucking abysmal.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Um....awesome LFR action? Assuming that doesn't get immediately deactivated like much of the other content in SFP has been upon release : |
    Me and a friend are actually having a wager. I've got a piece of content has to be disabled and she hasn't. Loser has to buy someone a game of their choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Me and a friend are actually having a wager. I've got a piece of content has to be disabled and she hasn't. Loser has to buy someone a game of their choice.
    You bet a piece of content has to be disabled by Trion when RIFT 4.1 goes live?

You're far too generous imo if you think that's all that'll go wrong.

~ this is a company that released their new expansion 4.0 with only two new dungeons, no raid, 1/2 the warfronts are still disabled, the dungeons were disabled on and off on launch for weeks, and STILL, today can't stop the one dungeon from crashing randomly almost five months after release when a mage casts a certain ability.

So, I'd suggest she buys you Far Cry Primal. It's pretty good.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2017-03-27 at 09:45 PM.

Deleted
    What if the content isn't even in the game? Then it can't be disabled. Checkmate

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    What if the content isn't even in the game? Then it can't be disabled. Checkmate
    I thought of that Think Smarter meme when you said that .

But seriously I doubt the LFR is gonna be a real challenge and while I stepped down from hardcore raiding with WoD I still like decent challenge in my raids.

But seriously I doubt the LFR is gonna be a real challenge and while I stepped down from hardcore raiding with WoD I still like decent challenge in my raids.
    I could swear I read that the encounters were going to be similar in terms of their complexity to the Intrepid IA bosses, likely with even fewer mechanics.

Will try to dig it up at some point today, but take it with grans of salt for now as my memory on this is a bit hazy.

Wow, if you look at other march mmo patches like WoW or Wildstar or FFXIV or...really anything, RIFT has the least amount to do...because, it's basically nothing. It's going to be one easy mode raid.

Sure is a good reason to come back to the game :/
    Diablo Bore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I could swear I read that the encounters were going to be similar in terms of their complexity to the Intrepid IA bosses, likely with even fewer mechanics.

Will try to dig it up at some point today, but take it with grans of salt for now as my memory on this is a bit hazy.
    You need level 1750 hit for the LFR raid, so basically, level to 70 - get some basic greens and then get into LFR. It's another (apparent) Trion cash-grab because people can just pay for more loot rolls in LFR.

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...raiding-5.html
    Last edited by theWocky; 2017-03-28 at 01:34 PM.

4.1 OF RIFT IS HERE

Well, will be soon at least.

After a weird marketing thing with the "wearetelara" hashtag on twitter, I was surprised to see RIFT players actually getting excited for this update. It brings nothing, they will have to REALLY impress me with 4.2 for me to even consider coming back.
    Diablo Bore.

How is the update 2.4 GB lol? It barely has anything.

Just the high points

TRION killed RIFT when they ransomed RIFT to launch Starfall Prophecy. Think about it, SP took more away from players than it gave. None of the RIFT item consumables could be used beyond level 65. TRION rendering all pre-SP mats useless assured anyone new to RIFT or who didn't purchase SP had no way of making any plat prior to reaching level 66. TRION took away the ability to break down gear/weapons, from all crafts but Runecrafting. TRION drove the final nail in RIFT's coffin when SP launched and was an absolute catastrophe. Bugged dungeons, missing war fronts, no raid, unbalanced classes, not enough content to level from 65-70 unless players purchased 2-hr experience vials. Questing that was 12-20 steps per quest that took at least 30mins to accomplish to recieve experience meaning at most 4 quests could be accomplished in 2-hrs, allowing a player to only be awarded bonus experience 4xs on their pricey experience vial. TRION has done everything possible to scam RIFT's player base, not least of which was to con RIFT's most loyal players/customers into buying a 1/2 finished expansion that contained less than 1/2 of the promised content.

I have played RIFT for 6-years. The last 3 months I've actually just logged in to do minions and visit with the 3-5 friends who remain in RIFT. I have finally become so disenchanted and weary of TRION giving me rubbish for Patron "gifts" that after 6-yrs of being a patron I finally decided to stop being conned and am no longer a patron. When I say "rubbish" I actually mean a meagre amount of world currency (less than what is achieved by doing a single Zone Event) and a Fragment that I merely crack or toss. The Fragment included in the weekly Patron "gift" is always among the lowest quality that can be found in the game. Considering the fact that people are awarded 10-15 Fragments for running a single SPExpert dungeon. Oh right, another thing TRION took away from RIFT players was the tertiary stats on the gear, thus the reason for crappy Fragments. the Patron "gift" can only be considered TRION's way of trolling the people who are dumb enough to pay for Patron. Oh, that's right, another thing TRION took away from players in SP is the class specific bonus gear that Patrons used to get in the weekly Patron "gift." The daily Patron "gift" is an even worse insult because you can be assured you'll get a white/lowest possible class artifact and a handful of world currency. TRION awarding their Patrons that type of low-end rubbish is indicative of exactly what TRION thinks of RIFT's player base.

The annual "Producer's Letter" (finally issued 3.24.2017) where truly lame excuses are made for the failure of TRION to deliver the product they sold to their customers would be laughable if it wasn't so pathetic. To have someone as grossly incompetent as Archonix chastise customers, who've been cheated and disrespected, is not only offensive but grants insight into just how arrogant are the people who run TRION. The most disturbing part of the "Producer's Letter" is that it goes into very little detail about what TRION will be providing in 2017, with no mention of a 20-man raid, but does go into great detail regarding some pie-in-the-sky huge undertaking that might not even be doable and warns the player base to "file the following under crazy experiments and absolutely no promises." Throughout the thread, there are countless people beseeching TRION to scuttle their "crazy experiments" and dedicate the resources to making RIFT's core game worth playing. Even though Archonix claims the "crazy experiments" would be a "huge undertaking" the abrasive mental midget TRION hired as their Director of Community Relations advises the community that the "crazy experiments" would be something done in the vast amount of down time the devs have while waiting for their coding to be approved.

In short, since RIFT is still run by the same stooges who drove a potential WoW contender into the ground, there is no reason why anyone with a modicum of common sense or rational thought would believe that 4.1 will be any better than the rubbish that the players have endured the past 6 months. That being the case, my advice to anyone who has found a new game to play, do not leave your new game to only be further disappointed and disrespected by the incompetent inbeciles who run TRION.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2017-03-29 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Propagandist View Post
    [B]-snip-
    Dude enough. First a mod removes the bold on the text it then you delete it and repost it after a few posts for some reason. I don't get it are you trying to have the last word in this thread? I'm not saying I don't agree with you on any of the points but come on already. Even the people who defend the game aren't this vehement.