Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    You can all relax, looks like iRoTP wouldn't be quite the faceroll TD is

More changes are coming to the fights, a few tweaks upwards, the Priests weren't even spawning on General Silgen and his tether was only a tickle which explains my "concerns" about testers 8-manning it.

Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...e-phoenix.html

Also it seems the first boss will have a DPS check of every DPS doing over 800k DPS each, that's going to be.......'fun' what with current balance changes coming to a lot of souls.
    800k+ thats old isnt it, i dont think theres even a single class pulling close to that now, well maybe one spec but i hear thats pulling some shennanigans that arent supposed to be happening.

unless they are going route of requiring maxed eternal weapons which is a really terrible idea, but dumb enough for trion to require new players to pull a ridiculous grind to be allowed to raid the latest content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shimcham View Post
    i dont think theres even a single class pulling close to that now
    I guess we'll find out in just over 14 hours time then because Intrepid Rise of the Phoenix is opening today at 20:00GMT which works out at 8pm in Western Europe and 12pm Noon Pacific time, adjust for your own time zone.

Source: http://www.trionworlds.com/rift/en/2...live-may-1017/

It seems not everyone is happy though, some of the 'pro' raiders are demanding a week's notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    It seems not everyone is happy though, some of the 'pro' raiders are demanding a week's notice.
    I mean, it's kinda poor form to drop a content patch without notice, especially when it's something as significant as introducing your expansions first progression raid (even if it's just an upscaled older raid and not actually new content) for your expansion 6 months after launch.

I get you're trying to take a potshot at hardcore raiders, but this is not behavior that should be defended from any publisher.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I mean, it's kinda poor form to drop a content patch without notice, especially when it's something as significant as introducing your expansions first progression raid (even if it's just an upscaled older raid and not actually new content) for your expansion 6 months after launch.

I get you're trying to take a potshot at hardcore raiders, but this is not behavior that should be defended from any publisher.
    I think it's really a can't win situation. If they had made an announcement, "We have this ready and it will launch next week," people would complain that it was not out the moment it was ready. I can kinda see how this would piss off competitive raiders who want to go for world firsts though, as they need that little extra time to organize their team. It's still a no win situation for Trion though, so why not get it out as early as possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    I think it's really a can't win situation. If they had made an announcement, "We have this ready and it will launch next week," people would complain that it was not out the moment it was ready. I can kinda see how this would piss off competitive raiders who want to go for world firsts though, as they need that little extra time to organize their team. It's still a no win situation for Trion though, so why not get it out as early as possible?
    It is a win situation though.

"Hey guys, the new raid is in the final stages and we're planning to release it next Wednesday!"

Indicates last minute touches are going in. Indicates a targeted release date. Leaves room for possible delays by not 100% confirming the date, but leaving it as a target.

Ninja-patches happen, but usually they're stuff that nobody knew was coming and is more of a surprise. Those are generally fine. But this is content that folks have been waiting for for 6 months, and it's absolutely not best practices or common to only announce a release date for a long anticipated patch/piece of content literally the day before.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    world first are irrelevent, theres no real competition, no one but a few tryhards trying to be top in a dead game even care. i think kill server dings have even been removed as i didnt see anything pop up when bosses were cleared.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shimcham View Post
    i didnt see anything pop up when bosses were cleared.
    So far i've only heard of one Guild that has cleared it, Trinity, but seeing as they spent a lot of time on PTS testing it, not really a surprise, haven't seen any other Guild post a clear yet but reading a few Guilds Discord chat.....

Last edited by Slipmat; 2017-05-11 at 04:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I still regard the game as a lost cause due to lack of content and a horrendous grind fest, (and a definite pay 2 win game as you can buy extra loot rolls) and once you've dabbled in some other games - it just seems so very, very unpolished, I must say I got better support than usual when logged in to collect a special offer from my Facebook Feed for Primalist Pack, 30 days, some other stuff, etc.

It bugged out and only 1/2 of the items applied to my F2P account because (I assume) my e-mails from Trion were disabled and the link was therefore not sent.

HOWEVER, I put in a ticket yesterday afternoon and got a response about an hour ago (about a day 1/2 later). Not too bad for response time for a small company.

I still think a lot of people will be discouraged with the grind, lack of things to do at 70, however. I just can't see the value when I compare to other games I've played. I also don't think any serious raider will be happy with what's on offer and I think that raid community is maybe 50 or so people world-wide - that's probably why no-one's seen anyone except that one guild clearing that rehashed 4-boss "endgame" raid that did it on the PTS already.

What's the point of being "World First" on a poor rehash of a 4-boss raid anyway?

I would rather pay a bit more for something with more variety and better quality than play a watered down, grindy, cash-grabby mess. Just too much still broken both in-game and in Trion, the company. The price reduction has given them a temporary reprieve with a healthy player boost, but I suspect it'll come crashing down just as quick.

CS seems a bit better. Now they just have to pretty much fix everything else like a decent CM team, more Quality Assurance testers, more content and better programmers to make things actually work and be able to develop working (first time), new content, also get a better producer, manager etc.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2017-05-13 at 07:44 PM.