Roll The Bones has been changed slightly

Hi,

I am currently wondering if Blizzard changed the probability of getting a 2-buff roll.
    Today, yesterday and probably the day before that I've been watching the rolls because I noticed that almost always my 5th roll after rolling only single buffs now is a 2-buff roll. Sometimes the 6th. I've got the impression that rolling single buffs increases your chance of getting 2+ buffs. Did anybody else notice that?
    I'm rolling like crazy at the training dummy for 15 minutes and didn't get past 6 rolls for 2 buffs.

EDIT: Rolled another ten minutes, same result.
    Last edited by Hofazius; 2017-01-29 at 12:41 AM.

Can't say I've noticed but it wouldn't matter anyway as by the time you've say rolled 5 singles, you could roll a 6 and still wouldn't catch up. 5 singles = hold your head in shame time.

But it'd be a little improvement which would raise the overall DPS a bit. My old record was a streak of 18 single rolls, got that serveral times. 9+ rolls weren't a rarity at all. But as I said, I've got the impression that the whole "get two buffs percentage" has gone up. I'm currently setting up a more precise test via an ingame addon.

It'll be interesting to hear your findings but they need to do a lot more than that as a buff. I'm no expert at reading logs but the longer NH has been out the lower Outlaw seems to drop in boss averages to me. Obviously not looking at higher percentiles as they are ones with lucky rolls and bracers I would think.

Yeah, I know that this would not fix everything that is wrong with us, but nonetheless it is a bit more of bad luck protection if it turns out to be true. I too have noticed that there not really is a chance to top the meters any more. The nerfs hit harder than I expected (bracers, blade flurry, crit...). As Blizzard stated the percent aura buff should have evened that out, but I can't see it. I am at ilvl 896 here, artifact level 54 as Outlaw, and feeling recently very weak in comparison to demon hunters, death knights, beast mastery hunters and so on in raids (only heroic) and mythic+. I did Vault of the Wardens +19 in time yesterday and didn't have a chance against our other two dds (both beast mastery, one of them switched to "single target" (so no stompede)). If they did not tell me I would not have noticed that. At the moment neither single target nor aoe seems to be okay at Outlaw. we don't have any burst in both of these. i am going to try assassination soon but I need legendaries for that spec and another 10 artifact traits.
    I will publish my results later here when the sample size is big enough.

- - - Updated - - -

First statistics:

[12:59:35] Overall Rolls: 1751
    [12:59:35] Single streak record: 7
    [12:59:35] Shark Infested Waters: 26.56%
    [12:59:35] True Bearing: 25.19%
    [12:59:35] Jolly Roger: 26.73%
    [12:59:35] Broadsides: 25.93%
    [12:59:35] Buried Treasure: 25.19%
    [12:59:35] Grand Melee: 25.01%
    [12:59:35] 1 Buff: 56.37%
    [12:59:35] 2 Buff: 38.32%
    [12:59:35] 3 Buff: 3.43%
    [12:59:35] 6 Buff: 1.8%

I'll do more soon, with some more statistics.

- - - Updated - - -

11000+ Rolls: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Seems to be roughly that now:

1 54.64%
    2 39.51%
    3 4.26%
    6 1.56%

If you want to test on your own, I can upload my Addon to curse.
    Last edited by Hofazius; 2017-01-28 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hofazius View Post
    If you want to test on your own, I can upload my Addon to curse.
    I am interested yes.
    Rogue SimC Maintainer since 6.2.
    As a Rogue, the best thread on MMO-C to talk about Legion SimC is this one, it will be a pleasure for me to discuss with you there.
    I'm also the maker of AethysRotation, an addon to help you doing an optimized rotation (especially for Rogues).
    Finally, you can retrieve a lot of Rogues simulations results on our Resources Website.

Doing some adjustments, will post it in a couple of hours.

- - - Updated - - -

Downloadable via https://wow.curseforge.com/projects/...nes-statistics
    Not yet available via Curse Client I think, can't check right now. Let me know if you'd like to have other features.

- - - Updated - - -

It's on Curse (& Client) now: https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/25...nes-statistics

- - - Updated - - -

Updated the spreadsheet with another 10,000 rolls: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing