Deleted

Tak'theritrix's Shoulderpads related question

Eyo!

This probably is a very noobish question, and might've been answered somewhere already, but didn't find anything related to this after a quick search.

So my question is - since Apocalypse has a 1,5 min cooldown, but Dark Transformation only has 1 minute, how should I use DT, now that I have the legendary mentioned in the title? Delay every DT use by 30 seconds, or only "empower" only every 2nd Apocalypse?

If you have that legendary, I'd guess it's better that you take the Shadow Infusion's talent. Tbh I don't have the legendary and I can't speak for you, but it just made sense to me.

Deleted
    When I received these shoulders as my second legendary (after bracers) and I saw how little the gain was for playing them "right" (a little bit more than 1%) I just stuck with Infected Claws talent and played as I didn't have them at all. The only difference I made was to use Dark Transformation after Apocalypse at the start and whenever else they aligned (start and every 3 minutes). Arguably the gain is even smaller but the cancer is also smaller if you catch my drift. The RNG of the spec swinging your way even slightly is a bigger DPS increase than playing these shoulders 100% correctly and is not worth imo.

Deleted
    Don't delay DT for Apoc, only delay the first one, after that play normally.

Don't use Shadow infusion either, infected claw is still better assuming you have decent gear (If i recall correctly shadow infusion is better at very low ilvls)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xx420darkscopezxx View Post
    When I received these shoulders as my second legendary (after bracers) and I saw how little the gain was for playing them "right" (a little bit more than 1%) I just stuck with Infected Claws talent and played as I didn't have them at all. The only difference I made was to use Dark Transformation after Apocalypse at the start and whenever else they aligned (start and every 3 minutes). Arguably the gain is even smaller but the cancer is also smaller if you catch my drift. The RNG of the spec swinging your way even slightly is a bigger DPS increase than playing these shoulders 100% correctly and is not worth imo.
    And here I was thinking it's a decent legendary, awesome...

Deleted
    Don't you worry my man, the shoulders have lots of pluses and are tons better than pre 7.1.5 for multiple reasons. First off you got the BiS stats Haste and Mastery that are incredibly valuable, then you got the 7.1.5 gargoyle/army/apoc ghoul buff on top of the shoulder 30% increase. If nowhere else but the burst you should see a noticeable difference with the shoulders than without and that will net you even better results in shorter fights. Sims do say that shoulders perform poorly in comparison with other legendaries but the sims are done on long ST fights most of the time and do not account for realistic scenarios of prio damage adds/add waves.

It is an utterly terrible fucking legendary. I get more dps from the legendary necklace than with those shoulders.

Deleted
    So it seems Icy veins is shit? :/ They say that this is the 4th (well, 5th, since the 3rd place is tied between Uvanimor and Draugr) best legendary, but based on the feedback here it's POS, lol. :c

Deleted
    from what i gather it only really shines on a lust opener, aotd, apoc, and gargoyle all with the buff is quite a big boost, but other than that its very low

Quote Originally Posted by xPraetoriaNx View Post
    So it seems Icy veins is shit? :/ They say that this is the 4th (well, 5th, since the 3rd place is tied between Uvanimor and Draugr) best legendary, but based on the feedback here it's POS, lol. :c
    Icy Veins is the new Noxxic (Noxxic is now the new "AskYahoo!")

Yeah I also have that shoulders.
    At least they give mastery...
    But the buff should be at least for 10 more seconds.
    And maybe increased damage to 35-40%.
    Anyways, not bad for the initial burst