Back After A Break, Need Advice

I went pretty hard when Legion launched, I was in a 2 day a week raid guild but we cleared EN normal the first night then began on heroic, clearing it pretty quickly. I did all the mythics and mythic + I could. I quit in the first week of November. Arms just kept getting nerfed, I finally got a legendary to drop and it was Sephuz Secrect, and I really was not enjoying EN very much.

Luckily, I logged in each week to do my artifact research and got it to 25. I came back to the game a week ago, and joined a friends casual raid guild. I am a bit behind in gear and artifact knowledge, but I am catching up. I got my Arms weapon from like level 26-36 in a few days. The problem is, Fury seems to be far better for most Nighthold fights, except for 2-3 bosses its just a cleave fest. Some people want me to go Fury, others say play what you want.

Honestly, I like Arms. I hate when C Smash won't proc but when it does, its so great. I like using a 2 hander and I like huge crits. I also like that the rotation is simple, I can put 100% focus on boss mechanics and the dangers around me. I keep hoping Blizzard will finally fix Arms, take out some RNG and boost AoE a little... I also enjoy PvP so play Arms for that.

However, it seems Fury is just better, and will be for a while when it comes to raids. I enjoy Fury - I just prefer Arms. Also my Arms weapon is so far ahead in terms of Artifact power and Ilvl (894 vs 873)

What would you do? Continue to be arms, just stick on bosses and let the AoE classes handle the adds, or go Fury, and be weak for a few weeks while I catch up?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well Fury is definitely in a better place right now. Tuning has shifted our talents a bit and transfers some of the damage of execute phase into the first 80% HP phase instead which, in my opinion, is a huge bonus. With the different talents, you may find it worthwhile to try it out in it's current state with some haste and make your own decision from there.

None the less, it really is a matter of "play what you want". Neither are in a bad place right now.

Also, don't forget that Arms still does have cleave options as well as AoE cooldowns.
    Last edited by Arbiter; 2017-01-30 at 07:23 PM.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

You just answered your question yourself that you're in a casual friend raid guild. Play whatever you want and what you enjoy the most. But honestly I wouldn't say that fury is THAT much better than arms right now, even with lots of cleave bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    You just answered your question yourself that you're in a casual friend raid guild. Play whatever you want and what you enjoy the most. But honestly I wouldn't say that fury is THAT much better than arms right now, even with lots of cleave bosses.
    Its casual, but we still care some what. We would like to be clearing heroic in a few weeks, mythic might not happen. Also on personal pride, I would like to be up there on the meters. If Arms can compete and be useful to the group, I guess I'll stay Arms. If Fury is really doing better a lot better on the cleave fights (I don't see how it couldn't be) The right thing to do is go Fury.

What is a strategy for doing well on adds? I can only Warbreaker/Battlecry/Bladestorm every 1.5 min, and Void cleave with WW just seems worthless. Should they just stick me to the boss and let me concentrate on that?

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Its casual, but we still care some what. We would like to be clearing heroic in a few weeks, mythic might not happen. Also on personal pride, I would like to be up there on the meters. If Arms can compete and be useful to the group, I guess I'll stay Arms. If Fury is really doing better a lot better on the cleave fights (I don't see how it couldn't be) The right thing to do is go Fury.

What is a strategy for doing well on adds? I can only Warbreaker/Battlecry/Bladestorm every 1.5 min, and Void cleave with WW just seems worthless. Should they just stick me to the boss and let me concentrate on that?
    I would like to answer, but it is very dependent on the boss itself. Yes, there are a lot of fights where you can roll your dps on a not very important aoe stuff like Scorpyron, but almost every fight out there still requires 80-90% uptime of heavy single target damage. Don't get discouraged by whiny people around. Right now its a matter of preference. I, for example, can't stand fury rotation which feels very robotic and not fun for me, but I love the heavy apm arms.
    Absolute cognitive dissonance having arms being more furious than fury itself.
    Last edited by ReD-EyeD; 2017-01-30 at 08:18 PM.

Deleted
    if you are AP 25, you can get 3 gold traits in fury with just 3-4 WQs and probably 35 in a day or two. just try it out and see how you like it. remember to check what your lootspec is though in case a legendary decides to drop.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd stay arms if you like it more especially if the wep is that much higher of a level, maybe start working on your fury wep and see how you like the rotation once you get used to it.

In a month or so (probably less) you'll have them both equally high, being able to use them interchangeably and this will be a non-issue.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Both Arms and Fury are pretty close now in terms of dps output. This means you can pretty much pick whatever spec you like the best and play that and do quite well.