Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is a "Yates you're fired" Joke going to work.

Or has everyone forgotten about what Trump used to do before rocking the foundation of our politics?

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    It's the job of the courts to defend the constitution, her job is to argue the perspective of the White House on the laws passed by Congress.

She's an Obama appointee which means she was appointed to her position by a Democrat and her viewpoints no longer matter in this era of tribalism.

If she had NOT opposed Trump then it would be on her record and no Democrat would be able to hire her.

People don't grasp that Trump merely accepted the resignation she had already tendered, every political appointee does that. Trump also cannot have the AG defy him: How many times did Eric Holder or Lynch Defy Obama?
    Give me a break dude. I'm no Obama lover myself, but comparing Obama to Trump? Really?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I don't give a shit about his base, I care about America. If a choice is between a nuclear physicist and Rick Perry for department of energy... how about America first?
    You just can't grasp it so let me make this very damned clear to you and all the other fools out here.

The Republican party base does not want and will NOT accept any compromise with the Democrats. If you think anyone in Congress on the Republican side can say otherwise you're dead wrong. Hell not even Trump can say otherwise.

Remember Romney? Trump was willing to pick him but the base made it clear they'd riot if he fucking dared to.

Give me a break dude. I'm no Obama lover myself, but comparing Obama to Trump? Really?
    How about Bush? Clinton? Every president?

Cabinet picks are representatives of the president in those departments, they are all political choices. I cannot remember any US president to be defied by his cabinet.

Trump did not pick Yates.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    CostinR routinely confuses his impulses with reality. For instance, claiming that someone who has worked for both Republicans and Democrats and was widely respected by both sides was a left wing partisan.

Aaaand... she's fired.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

7+ Year Old Account
    CostinR routinely confuses his impulses with reality. For instance, claiming that someone who has worked for both Republicans and Democrats and was widely respected by both sides was a left wing partisan.
    I didn't claim that at all, it's just you that cannot read what I said: That if she had stayed on her record would be forever tainted by trying to defend it, not because it's illegal but because the partisan divide is THAT great.

She was picked by Obama. So she can't be hired by anyone on the right wing purely because of that. Because regardless of her past the partisan base would never accept it. If she had defended the ban she wouldn't have been able to to be hired by any democrat.

You know why Tea Party members of Congress are so radical? Because they're VOTERS are that radical.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not a turn of event I could've predicted.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why not just wait for what's her name to take her place?

Dumbass.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Why doesn't your assertions extend to Trump? He said Obama was founding ISIS and you now claim that the only way you will see a problem with this, is if people have a problem with Obama? If you hold Trump to the same standard as you demand of random internet posters, you wouldn't be defending him with this tact.
    What assertion? I didn't make a stance on this issue other than noticing how many idiots only care about this problem when it's their rival political party doing it.

Also, I don't know the specific quote you're referring to about Obama and ISIS, but the evidence proves that much, if not most, of the weaponry we have provided to the Syrian rebels ended up in the hands of radical Islamic terrorist organizations including ISIS. I would say "founded" becomes semantics with "aided" when the end result is more innocents dying. I have about an equal opinion of Obama and John McCain because they both agree with these retarded policies.

The Republican party base does not want and will NOT accept any compromise with the Democrats.
    And that's why this country is as divided as it is. Republicans care only about 1 thing; opposing democrats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    That's not a turn of event I could've predicted.
    A lot of us did. Honestly, from the moment it came out that she said to defie the order, my circle of acquaintances all predicted she'd be gone.

Trump doesn't tolerate anyone that defies him. It's no surprise he'd get rid of her.

I didn't claim that at al
    She's a left winger who doesn't want to have it on her record that she defended this ban.
    You are exceedingly boring.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Why not just wait for what's her name to take her place?

Dumbass.
    Trump can't abide disloyalty.

7+ Year Old Account
    Trump cannot allow a Democrat or a Democratic appointee in his cabinet. His base would NEVER accept it. The only ones he's kept are Republicans or on a temporary basis until they sort it out.
    It's reasonable to assume he'd be ok with Tulsi Gabbard, one of the few *actual* anti-war Democrats remaining.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    And that's why this country is as divided as it is. Republicans care only about 1 thing; opposing democrats.
    As do a lot of Democrats when it comes to opposing any and all things related to Republicans. It goes both ways.

People lash out at me because I'm devil's advocate: Do you fuckers even care to consider just how VICIOUS the far left and far right are?

That tribalism, that partisanship is what keeps me awake at night. Trump? Schumer? They are irrelevant compared to the divide in America.

It's reasonable to assume he'd be ok with Tulsi Gabbard, one of the few *actual* anti-war Democrats remaining.
    That is very true, but that's because the Republican base loves Gabbard for defying her bosses by meeting Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    Gabbard anti war?

L

M

A

O

You just can't grasp it so let me make this very damned clear to you and all the other fools out here.

The Republican party base does not want and will NOT accept any compromise with the Democrats. If you think anyone in Congress on the Republican side can say otherwise you're dead wrong. Hell not even Trump can say otherwise.

Remember Romney? Trump was willing to pick him but the base made it clear they'd riot if he fucking dared to.

How about Bush? Clinton? Every president?

Cabinet picks are representatives of the president in those departments, they are all political choices. I cannot remember any US president to be defied by his cabinet.

Trump did not pick Yates.
    I was referring to your statement of defiance. None of the people you named, agree with them or not, have ever stooped to Trump's level in terms of childishness, character, and moral hygiene.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Word usage is eeriely similar to Theo's... whatever happened to that guy?

So if Trump is firing DoJ attorneys that wont obey his illegal orders. Whats going to happen to soldiers that wont follow illegal orders? Trump is setting a bad precedent.

It's the job of the courts to defend the constitution, her job is to argue the perspective of the White House on the laws passed by Congress.
    And if there's no way to actually defend it?
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Her job isn't to enforce orders or laws that she believes are unconstitutional. No lawyer will tell you their job is to violate the law.
    Surely, you must have also supported Kim Davis.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    And if there's no way to actually defend it?
    Then they'll lose in court. Really calm down. The US is still a country of laws.

I was referring to your statement of defiance. None of the people you named, agree with them or not, have ever stooped to Trump's level in terms of childishness, character, and moral hygiene.
    None of those people ever had to deal with a country ready to blow itself up.

Trump can't defy the Republican crazies, they'd tear him down: They were ready to with Romney.
    Last edited by CostinR; 2017-01-31 at 03:26 AM.