Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Watched it, would give it 8/10 and now waiting for the part 2, if that ever comes.
    The scale was there to make you feel that we really are talking about galactic empire, symbolism, design (how spaceships can look utterly different from the usual scifi ones), also how everything looked, for lack of better word, realistic. Music was bit over the top, but appropriate.

Should have had more mentat stuff since they are so very important, it was barely there, though I suppose new watchers would already be quite confused at time if they never read book/watched 1984 movie, some pacing was off (the duel imho could have totally been skipped, that whole section was way too drawn out and pretty much showed how unreasonable moron/stupid traditions looks like) and, of course, cliffhanger ending - still better than trying to stuff the whole book in single movie, that would not have worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Watched it, would give it 8/10 and now waiting for the part 2, if that ever comes.
    The scale was there to make you feel that we really are talking about galactic empire, symbolism, design (how spaceships can look utterly different from the usual scifi ones), also how everything looked, for lack of better word, realistic. Music was bit over the top, but appropriate.

Should have had more mentat stuff since they are so very important, it was barely there, though I suppose new watchers would already be quite confused at time if they never read book/watched 1984 movie, some pacing was off (the duel imho could have totally been skipped, that whole section was way too drawn out and pretty much showed how unreasonable moron/stupid traditions looks like) and, of course, cliffhanger ending - still better than trying to stuff the whole book in single movie, that would not have worked.
    How’d you see it?

watched it a solid 5/10

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    watched it a solid 5/10
    Really? What didnt you like about it?

Was it abit stuffy and pretentious or something? Thats my only concern
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Really? What didnt you like about it?

Was it abit stuffy and pretentious or something? Thats my only concern
    a bit wishy washy with the premonitions and too fast for me to be an epic. also very disappointing cliff hanger, you have all these huge set pieces and it ends on that cmon. absolutely wooden dialogue. some of the music was well off. I literally watched it a few hours ago and have already forgotten most of it, defo will never watch again but on the plus side it wasnt really a slog or anything. I cant imagine if you havent read dune you really have much of a clue what the fuck is going on.

I dont think Dune goes well into a 2h 30 movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    How’d you see it?
    It's out in most of Europe.

How’d you see it?
    Sorry, what do you mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    It's out in most of Europe.
    Damn, five weeks earlier than the US. That’s kinda crazy.

Dreadlord
    Industrial heart of the USSR... now torn apart
    Yarr, mateys. I made a bigger post in the "last movie I saw" thread, 8.5/10 because of missing plot parts, great otherwise. I got to agree with the guy above who rated it 5/10 on the point that Dune doesn't fit into a movie, too much got omitted. Gief 5-hour Villeneuve cut!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    It's not 2004. People have lives, jobs, families etc

This movie was incredible. The sheer scope and ambiance the movie portrayed was stellar. The acting was, as is common with high budget movies, also very good.

The only big negative with the movie is the ending since it ends with quite a big cliffhanger. It's fine if there does come a second movie but it does make you somewhat worried that there might not come one.

If there does come a part 2 then this movie falls somewhere between the 8-9/10 mark for me.

Dreadlord
    So I went to see what the user ratings are, but there are none yet on RT and Metacritic even week after release. Are they going to allow them only after US release or something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Cynep View Post
    So I went to see what the user ratings are, but there are none yet on RT and Metacritic even week after release. Are they going to allow them only after US release or something like that?
    As of right now
    8.5/10 IMDb
    90% Rotten Tomatoes
    75% metacritic
    77% Google thumbs up

Don't know where you looked The reviews are generally positive, but it's worth seeing the movie regardless of what anyone thinks about it. There hasn't been anything with that scope in a long while .
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    As of right now
    8.5/10 IMDb
    90% Rotten Tomatoes
    75% metacritic
    77% Google thumbs up

Don't know where you looked The reviews are generally positive, but it's worth seeing the movie regardless of what anyone thinks about it. There hasn't been anything with that scope in a long while .
    User reviews, not critic reviews.

User reviews, not critic reviews.
    But, you just click on user reviews on imdb and there is hundreds of them: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1160419...ws?ref_=tt_urv

Lots of youtubers cover it too. Still, after it hits the US theaters it will have lots more English reviews and feedback, obviously.

But, you just click on user reviews on imdb and there is hundreds of them: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1160419...ws?ref_=tt_urv

Lots of youtubers cover it too. Still, after it hits the US theaters it will have lots more English reviews and feedback, obviously.
    So where did you get RT from?

Metacritic?

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    So where did you get RT from?

Metacritic?

You getting some sort of fulfillment from nagging? What you post was already said, yes the person above was asking for user reviews, mine were critic, obviously misunderstood, but I already also showed imdb user reviews are open. The matter, that so bothers you, was already sorted. Yes, the American sites, as you point out, don't have user reviews as the movie is not available to the American audience yet. Are you searching for a gotcha reward with your sad screenshots?

Dreadlord
    the person above was asking for user reviews, mine were critic, obviously misunderstood, but I already also showed imdb user reviews are open. The matter, that so bothers you, was already sorted.
    Yes, IMDb and Google reviews are user reviews, thanks for those Good to see that general public liked the movie. Y'all know how it is with critic reviews, just like with video games, their grades are often dictated by factors other than game/movie quality, I trust users more.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynep View Post
    Yes, IMDb and Google reviews are user reviews, thanks for those Good to see that general public liked the movie. Y'all know how it is with critic reviews, just like with video games, their grades are often dictated by factors other than game/movie quality, I trust users more.
    Their grades are dictated by knowing film, and not necessarily being a "fan" of a particular movie franchise. The paranoia about critic reviews on this subforum is hilarious. It's like the Oscar thread every year, when movies like the Joker don't win Best Picture because it was the same year Parasite, an even better film, came out, but no one on this subforum had watched it thus it was deemed "rigged."

Dreadlord
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Their grades are dictated by knowing film, and not necessarily being a "fan" of a particular movie franchise. The paranoia about critic reviews on this subforum is hilarious. It's like the Oscar thread every year, when movies like the Joker don't win Best Picture because it was the same year Parasite, an even better film, came out, but no one on this subforum had watched it thus it was deemed "rigged."
    Parasite the Korean movie? Yeah it was great on many levels, and well, there's only one first place. What I meant is when oftentimes a game or a movie is really 5.5/10 but critics give it shining reviews - or sometimes pan something that's controversial but interesting. People whose paycheck is not on the line are more honest about their real opinion, IMHO.

I'm no hardcore fan of the franchise, so i can only compare it to the 1st movie.

Overall it was enjoyable, but the trailer has overpromised.
    The overall ambient was very different from the 1st one, albeit it does feel more like what one would expect architecture/land to look like on a desert-planet.
    The Harkonnens were somewhat boring compared to the 1st one; a rather bland combination of pale skin and black attire just isn't as striking. Also; where was the cocky little dude? Did they go and make both of the nephews into 1 character?