Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    there was 2 mini tv serie too

Last edited by vipers; 2017-02-04 at 06:28 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can see it now the 21st century will go down as the movie reboot/rehash century..

10+ Year Old Account

If they made it like a star wars movie it would be great. Not 100% by the book, but more of a side-story.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

I thought they had qualms about a remake due to main story more or less mirroring the worship of the prophet Mohammed, and Jihad/terror as a means to gain control, in addition to painting the empire/west as rotten to the core over oil/spice.

Deleted
    If only they did Jodorowsky's Dune.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Can see it now the 21st century will go down as the movie reboot/rehash century..
    Even though calling this a reboot/rehash is silly, I still want to point out that more movies are made than ever before, and that I wouldn't be surprised if the amount of reboots/remakes compared to the amount of other movies hasn't changed drastically from one century to another.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ærion View Post
    Anyone know if it's just going to be the first few books up till Leto II gets wormified, or will it be the whole thing (psycho sex demons, AI, super-Duncan, etc.)?

Happy to see this get some love again, this series deserves more attention than Star Wars and such... not holding my breath though, original material is a bit too heavy for the average person to digest.
    I just wish for a good adaptation of the first two books. If they do it in two parts, it would be even better.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

No.

No, no, no. Nobody can do justice to Herbert's genius. Fucking no.

5+ Year Old Account
    Seems to have a great cast

Legendary Pictures confirms Denis Villeneuve’s Dune will span two movies

APRIL 28, 2019 BY GARY COLLINSON 0 COMMENTS

When it was first announced that Arrival and Blade Runner 2049 helmer Denis Villeneuve was turning his attention to Frank Herbert’s seminal sci-fi epic Dune, it was said that the big screen adaptation would span two movies.

However, Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures announced just one release date, and there was no mention of a second film when the official synopsis and cast list was revealed to mark last month’s start of principal photography.

Well, it seems there hasn’t been a change of plan, and the intention remains to split the sprawling tale across two films, as revealed by Legendary CEO Joshua Grode in an interview with THR:

“That’s the plan. There’s a backstory that was hinted at in some of the books [that we expanded]. Also, when you read the book there’s a logical place to stop the movie before the book is over.”

Timothee Chalamet (Call Me By Your Name) leads the star-studded cast of the film as Paul Atreides alongside Rebecca Ferguson (Mission: Impossible – Fallout), Oscar Isaac (Star Wars: The Last Jedi), Dave Bautista (Avengers: Infinity War), Stellan Skarsgard (Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again), Charlotte Rampling (Red Sparrow), Zendaya (Spider-Man: Far From Home), Javier Bardem (Loving Pablo), Jason Momoa (Aquaman), Josh Brolin (Avengers: Endgame), Stephen Henderson (Fences), and Chang Chen (The Assassin).

I mean I'm still waiting on this bad boy.

5+ Year Old Account
    Did all the story-pictures come out as a book? To me Jodorowsky's Dune gave the feel of something monthy python would have done

Maybe it would have turned out good, but I would bet it would have become a big un-coherent mess..
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2019-05-15 at 07:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved the original movie as a teen nerd. Of course it had weird things not in the books and was chopped to hell.

The mini series on (SciFi?) network was good as well. Not perfect but hit the Dune universe craving.

Cant wait to see what this Director can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post

I mean I'm still waiting on this bad boy.
    That makes me think of sci-fi comics I had from the 70s style wise (as well as sci-fi book covers). It's a pity it never happened and I think the quote about being afraid of his imagination sums it up.

The style from Lynch's Dune was great and fitted. I love the film but I think some of his additions are annoying.

Definitely think this needs to be more than one film though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    That makes me think of sci-fi comics I had from the 70s style wise (as well as sci-fi book covers). It's a pity it never happened and I think the quote about being afraid of his imagination sums it up.

The style from Lynch's Dune was great and fitted. I love the film but I think some of his additions are annoying.

Definitely think this needs to be more than one film though.

They already said it will be a two-parter. The main problem with Lynch's movie was that he had to cut it. A lot.

The cast as far as I know is:

Timothée Chalamet: Paul Atreides
    Rebecca Ferguson: Lady Jessica
    Oscar Isaac: Duke Leto Atreides
    Josh Brolin: Gurney Halleck
    Jason Momoa: Duncan Idaho
    Chang Chen: Dr Wellington Huey
    Stellan Skarsgard: Baron Vladimir Harkonnen
    Dave Bautista: Glossu Rabban, the Beast
    David Dastmalchian: Piter De Vries
    Charlotte Rampling: Reverand Mother Gaius Helena Mohiam
    Javier Bardem: Stilgar
    Zendaya: Chani
    Stephen McKinley Henderson: TBA, but my bet is on either Thufir Hawat or Padishah Emperor Shaddam Corrino IV

I can't imagine this being anything other than either amazing or complete hot garbage. Either way I'm excited.

5+ Year Old Account
    Don't think i have seen that stephen but once

If I could choose an actor for the emperor, it would be charles dance from GoT.

I'm not too sure about their choice for Duncan Idaho, Jason Momoa is not someone I associate with graceful, cat-like movements and I always imagined Idaho to have quite a skinny frame due to his poor upbringing on Giedi Prime.
    Last edited by Dhrizzle; 2019-05-16 at 11:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I'm not too sure about their choice for Duncan Idaho, Jason Momoa is not someone I associate with graceful, cat-like movements and I always imagined Idaho to have quite a skinny frame due to his poor upbringing on Giedi Prime.
    Yeah, I was surprised at first. However, graceful or cat-like, Idaho must also be strong. Afterall, he managed to fight against a platoon of Sardaukars all by himself. Also, Jason Momoa was not bad in Stargate: Atlantis in that kind of role.

is Dune the one with the giant sandworms?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Did all the story-pictures come out as a book? To me Jodorowsky's Dune gave the feel of something monthy python would have done

Maybe it would have turned out good, but I would bet it would have become a big un-coherent mess..
    I'm not sure if you saw that documentary, but the group that Jodorowski assembled to create Dune basically had a hand in creating every iconic sci-fi scene for the next 20+ years. It still may not have turned out the best, but it's hard to imagine it would have been worse than what David Lynch gave us, which his Dune is the kind of terrible that you can enjoy.