Page 28 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    it's only a trilogy cause of them making the first book 2 movies. Otherwise a trilogy would cover Dune, Dune Messiah, and Children of Dune.
    Right - the book is a tome. They ran into the same problem with It. I think the director said he wanted to finish the book in the second movie and if they would let him, do the third with Dune Messiah.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Right - the book is a tome. They ran into the same problem with It. I think the director said he wanted to finish the book in the second movie and if they would let him, do the third with Dune Messiah.
    Did he actually take the book as foundation? I thought it was pretty much a remake of the first half of 1984 Dune, just without the stranger stuff. In part word for word. Of course the 1984 version is based on the books so the 2021 version kinda is too, but not really... if that makes sense.

Anyway, the lack of guild navigators and emperor disappointed me immeasurably and ruined my day. J/K it was top entertainment.

5+ Year Old Account
    ‘Dune’: Denis Villeneuve Sci-Fi Epic Finally Crosses $100M At Domestic Box Office.

https://deadline.com/2021/11/dune-de...ce-1234880845/
    By Anthony D'Alessandro - November 26, 2021 10:16am

In a benchmark that was to be expected, Warner Bros./Legendary’s feature adaptation of Frank Herbert’s Dune has clocked past $100 million at the domestic box office. This brings the global running total to north of $370M; the ultimate exclamation point here for the Denis Villeneuve directed movie being $400M WW. Dune made $400K on Thanksgiving yesterday sending its domestic total to $100.1M.

Note, just because Dune crossed this threshold stateside, doesn’t mean it’s a victory lap for the studio’s controversial theatrical-day-and-date HBO Max 2021 strategy (Villeneuve’s Canadian homeland had Dune on an exclusive theatrical window during its run there). The mind wonders how much more money Dune could have made. Dune crosses $100M in its 35th day of release, making it the second movie to go past the century mark on Warner’s annual slate after Legendary’s Godzilla vs. Kong (which made that amount of money in 12 weekends of release).

While Dune was on HBO Max during its first 31 days in theaters, it’s now exclusively theatrical, currently playing in 1,312 theaters with a Thanksgiving weekend outlook of $2.26M over three days and $3.2M since Wednesday which will bring its running U.S./Canada total to $102.4M by Sunday. Warner Bros, as Deadline first told you, is injecting some extra steroids into the all-star ensemble, booking it back into Imax auditoriums on Dec. 3. The movie had 73 minutes shot in Imax, and the large format exhibitor drove 22% of the movie’s $41M opening weekend ticket sales, and 20% of its overall domestic total; 13% of the pic’s overall global tally.

When Warners first announced its HBO Max-theatrical plan for 2021, Villeneuve protested the maneuver in a Variety column on Dec. 10, writing that “With this decision AT&T has hijacked one of the most respectable and important studios in film history. There is absolutely no love for cinema, nor for the audience here. It is all about the survival of a telecom mammoth, one that is currently bearing an astronomical debt of more than $150 billion,” and that “streaming alone can’t sustain the film industry as we knew it before COVID. Streaming can produce great content, but not movies of Dune’s scope and scale. Warner Bros.’ decision means Dune won’t have the chance to perform financially in order to be viable and piracy will ultimately triumph. Warner Bros. might just have killed the Dune franchise. This one is for the fans. AT&T’s John Stankey said that the streaming horse left the barn. In truth, the horse left the barn for the slaughterhouse.”

While Legendary and Villeneuve wanted a theatrical release, ultimately both sides were made whole by WarnerMedia in keeping the film’s theatrical and HBO Max 2021 release intact.

Close to a year later after Villeneuve’s column, a great peace between the filmmaker and the studio prevails with Warner Bros. having already greenlit a theatrical exclusive sequel for Dune 2 which will cover the second half of Herbert’s 1965 novel and the continuing adventures of Timothée Chalamet’s Paul Atreides. The sequel is currently scheduled to play cinemas on Oct. 20, 2023. Warner Bros, knowing that they were sitting on a great movie during the pandemic for Oscar season, started screening to voters and the press well in advance of its Venice and TIFF world premieres this fall. All of this culminated in Warners building Dune into Villeneuve’s best domestic opening of his career (beating Blade Runner 2049‘s $32.7M), and the filmmaker’s highest grossing move of his career, both worldwide, and domestic (beating Blade Runner 2049‘s $259.3M WW). Dune has already surpassed Villeneuve’s Blade Runner 2049 at the domestic B.O. ($92M) and will pass his Oscar-winning Arrival ($100.5M) by the end of the weekend with $102.4M.

- - - Updated - - -

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Did he actually take the book as foundation? I thought it was pretty much a remake of the first half of 1984 Dune, just without the stranger stuff. In part word for word. Of course the 1984 version is based on the books so the 2021 version kinda is too, but not really... if that makes sense.

Anyway, the lack of guild navigators and emperor disappointed me immeasurably and ruined my day. J/K it was top entertainment.
    No, he was really using the Book. Time and again the director has talked about what a big fan he is of the books, themselves.

Whereas Lynch's movie is - its own thing - among 'fans' of the books. Some love it because of its wierdness in how it tries to convey the world/lore. Some hate it for that same wierdness. (no idea how Villenova feels about that version lol)

The fact that both are so similiar (minus yes the 'wierdness' of the 1984 version) is because those are the parts that stuck closer to the book itself. Herbert is *very* descriptive in all his writing, so if you just 'do it like he describes it' you end up with similar scenes/settings/etc. (As you should - if everyone's using the same source and reflecting the same specific, exacting, description in that same source.) The "word for word" is yea - they both used Herbert's words =D.

And as weird as Lynch's adaptation was in parts, yea, in other parts, its dead-on what Herbert wrote and described. So, obviously, when another adaptation comes around wanting to be even 'closer' to the original - the parts where they both 'stuck to the source' are going to be the same.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    That's the thing, though: you don't need to actually EXPLAIN things. Nobody is saying that a film should have massive amounts of exposition said out loud or in a text scroll or whatever. A lot of it can be implied, or simply through representation, or twelve dozen other different subtle cinematic techniques that should come, you know, quite naturally to someone who's touted as a filmmaker of the highest order.

It's just that for commercial success, there seems to be a sort of understanding that audiences need to be spoon-fed things in simple ways, and anything that's a little complicated or sophisticated must either be dumbed down or left out. I find that insulting towards viewer intelligence. So what if the the intricacies of the CHOAM economy can't be explained? That doesn't mean CHOAM needs to be cut. And similarly, the Baron's devious machinations should speak for themselves as to what kind of character he is; he doesn't need to also be portrayed as a pallid grotesque to really drive home the fact he's an evil dude. And so on. That's cheap visual trickery going way beyond mere aesthetics, and it undermines the original material for no reason other than retracing the outline of stereotypes so the audience doesn't have to think for itself.

Nobody wants the film to just be a reading of the book's script, but there's a lot of room in between for some delicate cinematic craftsmanship that doesn't NEED either stereotypes OR blatant explanation in order to acquire depth.
    CHOAM is not very important right now. It has nothing to do with the plot. Denis Villeneuve did the right thing: giving just enough backstory and world building to serve the immediate plot. It reduces exposition and prevents the movie from being filled with too much infos that mix things up for the viewers, especially if they have not read the books. It was one of the problem from Lynch's movie. That's why we didn't see anyone for the Spacing Guild. Yet. They served nor purpose. They will next movie though. When spice production will be in jeopardy because of Paul and the Fremen. And it would be the perfect occasion to introduce CHOAM. Same thing with Feyd. Why introduce him when he plays no role before the second movie? Someone said that they should have explained why they do not use lasers when shields are active. There was no reason to explain that yet. But next movie there will be an epic battle with a certain shield that is not only a rock formation...
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    CHOAM is not very important right now. It has nothing to do with the plot. Denis Villeneuve did the right thing: giving just enough backstory and world building to serve the immediate plot. It reduces exposition and prevents the movie from being filled with too much infos that mix things up for the viewers, especially if they have not read the books. It was one of the problem from Lynch's movie. That's why we didn't see anyone for the Spacing Guild. Yet. They served nor purpose. They will next movie though. When spice production will be in jeopardy because of Paul and the Fremen. And it would be the perfect occasion to introduce CHOAM. Same thing with Feyd. Why introduce him when he plays no role before the second movie? Someone said that they should have explained why they do not use lasers when shields are active. There was no reason to explain that yet. But next movie there will be an epic battle with a certain shield that is not only a rock formation...
    Another problem with Lynch's movie - as much as I love it; being the first introduction I had for years before I got old enough to try and pick up the books (in my early 20s).

Read through 3/4 of the first damn Dune book waiting for the "Muadib" (Word of Power) Gun explanation; because it 'made no sense' to me in the movie. Only to find out why it didn't! =D It 'surprises' me now that, at the time, I was more bummed than I expected to find out that was an entire Lynch-invention for the movie, I guess he felt there was no other 'real way' to explain how the "Word of Power" worked.

Love Lynch's movie for its own crazy-self. But after ten years of watching that movie, felt a little 'bummed' he 'made up' that 'gun'.

More on topic - completely agreeing with what you said. While I would have liked a bit more 'something' with the world/lore/character building to give more context and meaning to what we were seeing; absolutely agree that CHOAM, Spacing Guild, Space Travel, Feyd, etc all that - no point in the first movie as its not important to the 'meat' of the story. Bring those things into the movie when they come to /really/ matter to the plot.

But space-traveling-spice-changed beings have no point or purpose to be included in a story on the first Dune Book anymore than explaining the truth behind the Tleilaxu Axlotl tanks is necessary. Its not relevant, at all, and only adds run time (and possible confusion) to include it. I find both these subjects important and fascinating to get into on multiple levels - but still not important to get into *at this juncture* in the story.
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    Another problem with Lynch's movie - as much as I love it; being the first introduction I had for years before I got old enough to try and pick up the books (in my early 20s).

Read through 3/4 of the first damn Dune book waiting for the "Muadib" (Word of Power) Gun explanation; because it 'made no sense' to me in the movie. Only to find out why it didn't! =D It 'surprises' me now that, at the time, I was more bummed than I expected to find out that was an entire Lynch-invention for the movie, I guess he felt there was no other 'real way' to explain how the "Word of Power" worked.

Love Lynch's movie for its own crazy-self. But after ten years of watching that movie, felt a little 'bummed' he 'made up' that 'gun'.

More on topic - completely agreeing with what you said. While I would have liked a bit more 'something' with the world/lore/character building to give more context and meaning to what we were seeing; absolutely agree that CHOAM, Spacing Guild, Space Travel, Feyd, etc all that - no point in the first movie as its not important to the 'meat' of the story. Bring those things into the movie when they come to /really/ matter to the plot.

But space-traveling-spice-changed beings have no point or purpose to be included in a story on the first Dune Book anymore than explaining the truth behind the Tleilaxu Axlotl tanks is necessary. Its not relevant, at all, and only adds run time (and possible confusion) to include it. I find both these subjects important and fascinating to get into on multiple levels - but still not important to get into *at this juncture* in the story.

They were called weirding guns(or weirding module). and it was to explain the "weirding way" Which is a way of fighting not a word of power. What you are thinking of is the bene gesserit voice.

Muad'dib is just a name nothing else.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post

Read through 3/4 of the first damn Dune book waiting for the "Muadib" (Word of Power) Gun explanation; because it 'made no sense' to me in the movie. Only to find out why it didn't! =D
    How did you enjoy the cat\mouse device the Harkonnens gave to Thufir Hawat so he could get the antidote for the poison?

That's the most Lynch-thing of his movie , i'd say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    How did you enjoy the cat\mouse device the Harkonnens gave to Thufir Hawat so he could get the antidote for the poison?

That's the most Lynch-thing of his movie , i'd say.

Just as much as the heart plug...
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

7+ Year Old Account
    I just watched this movie and thought it was pretty good.

I assumed it was a stand alone movie so the ending was a bit of a let down, but that's my fault, not the movie's fault. I liked that one scene where Stilgar spit at/near Leto Atreides and then Duncan Idaho and Leto then mimic Stilgar out of respect and then Gurney shakes his head. lol
    Last edited by PC2; 2021-12-31 at 05:38 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post

He definitely used the book, read it twice in fact before production began. He's hoping to make 2 more movies - the second one to finish off the book, and the third to address Dune Messiah. Second movie looks like no-brainer given the success of the first. 3rd movie...we'll see. The Dune series goes serious psychedelic after the first one.

5+ Year Old Account
    Denis Villeneuve Updates On Dune Part Two; Promises ‘Much More Harkonnen Stuff’ – Exclusive

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/...nen-exclusive/
    By Ben Travis | Posted7 Hours Ago

Ever since the credits rolled on Dune last year, we’ve been dying to return to Arrakis and see the next part of Paul Atreides' story. The good news is, it’s officially happening – director Denis Villeneuve got the green light to complete his adaptation of Frank Herbert’s sci-fi epic after the success of the now Oscar- and BAFTA-nominated first instalment, with a proposed October 2023 release date for Dune: Part Two. There’s plenty of the tale left to tell – and Villeneuve is raring to go.

Speaking to Empire in the upcoming Moon Knight issue, the filmmaker offered an update on the much-anticipated second film. “We are supposed to shoot by the end of the summer,” he says. “I will say it is mostly designed. The thing that helps us right now is that it’s the first time I’ve revisited a universe. So I’m working with the same crew, everybody knows what to do, we know what it will look like. The movie will be more challenging, but we know where we are stepping. And the screenplay is written. So I feel confident. Frankly, the only big unknown for me right now is the pandemic.”

While splitting Herbert’s book in two offered more time to establish Dune’s world of fractured alliances, hard-fought resources, and exploited indigenous communities, Villeneuve still had to make tough decisions – including losing Gurney Halleck’s baliset – in the first film. But in Part Two, there’s a chance to bring certain things back to the surface. “When you adapt, you have to make bold choices in order for the things to come to life. And I think that was the best way to introduce this world to a wide audience. Now in the second one, I want to have more flexibility, and it will be possible to go a little bit deeper into some of these details,” he explains. That includes introducing characters like Feyd-Rautha – as the focus of the story shifts to characters who played a smaller part last time around. “It’s like a chess game. Some new characters will be introduced in the second part and a decision I made very early on was that this first part would be more about Paul Atreides and the Bene Gesserit, and his experience of being in contact for the first time with a different culture,” says Villeneuve. “Second part, there will be much more Harkonnen stuff.”

Most of all, Villeneuve sounds ready to go back and bask in the sands of Arrakis once more. “I just want to experience it, be present with it, every single moment of it,” he says. “When I shoot a film, I shoot it like all my movies, as if it’s the last one. I will do the same with Part Two.” See you in the foyer in October 2023 with a box of Spice-covered popcorn.

It was the right decision to split it into two films. The 1984 version was good but lack the meat and potato's that the book did. Villeneuve has fleshed it out and it is making more sense and feels like it resonates better. I cannot wait.

5+ Year Old Account
    So they add black widow 2.0 n Elvis, don't know the guy, but Pugh reminds me of Virgina Madsen.
    Still no word on Emperor Shaddam IV, Charles Dance or RIOT!

‘Dune: Part 2’ Casts Florence Pugh as Princess Irulan.

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/d...an-1235199192/
    By Brent Lang - Mar 8, 2022 12:50pm PT

Florence Pugh may soon be touching down in Arrakis.

The Oscar-nominated star of “Little Women” and “Black Widow” is in negotiations to join the cast of “Dune: Part 2,” Legendary Entertainment and Warner Bros.’ follow-up to the critically acclaimed, commercially successful (for a pandemic) “Dune.” If the deal closes, Pugh will play Princess Irulan Corrino, a royal who becomes romantically entangled with Timothée Chalamet’s Paul Atreides. It’s a critical role, one with the potential to grow if “Dune” stretches deeper into novelist Frank Herbert’s literary canon.

Production on the sequel is expected to start this summer, and the film is slated to hit theaters on Oct. 20, 2023. It brings back much of the ensemble from the first film, including Rebecca Ferguson, Josh Brolin, Stellan Skarsgård, Dave Bautista, Zendaya and Javier Bardem. Denis Villeneuve, credited with making a book thought to be un-adaptable into something cinematic and comprehensible, returns as director. For a sign of how terribly these things can go, look no further than David Lynch’s justly excoriated 1984 version of the same source material.

“Dune” grossed nearly $400 million globally and snagged 10 Oscar nominations, including nods for best picture and best adapted screenplay. Villeneuve was snubbed in the best director category, an omission that produced some blowback.

Pugh recently reprised her role as Yelena Romanoff on the Disney Plus series “Hawkeye.” She will soon be seen acting opposite Cillian Murphy, Emily Blunt and Matt Damon in Christopher Nolan’s “Oppenheimer,” and will also appear in Olivia Wilde’s “Don’t Worry Darling” and Sebastián Lelio’s “The Wonder.”

Pugh is repped by CAA, Brillstein Entertainment and Curtis Brown.

‘Elvis’ Star Austin Butler in Talks to Join ‘Dune: Part 2’ as Feyd-Rautha

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/a...ha-1235201239/
    By Zack Sharf - Mar 10, 2022 11:53am PT

Austin Butler is in talks to join the cast of Denis Villeneuve’s “Dune: Part 2” as the villainous Feyd-Rautha, the sadistic nephew of Baron Vladimir Harkonnen (Stellan Skarsgård) and the heir to the Harkonnen empire. The role is one of the most important new characters appearing in “Dune: Part 2.” A source close to the project told Variety that Butler is in “the very early stages” of joining the film. Butler joins the franchise alongside Florence Pugh, who was announced earlier this week as being in final negotiations as Princess Irulan.

With his casting in “Dune: Part 2,” Butler joins the returning ensemble of Villeneuve’s franchise that includes Timothee Chalamet, Rebecca Ferguson, Josh Brolin, Stellan Skarsgård, Dave Bautista, Zendaya and Javier Bardem. Production on the sequel is expected to start this summer, and the film is slated to hit theaters on Oct. 20, 2023. Butler’s role of Feyd-Rautha was played by Sting in David Lynch’s infamous 1984 film adaptation.

Butler is the star of Baz Luhrmann’s upcoming “Elvis,” which also comes from “Dune” studio Warner Bros. The musical biopic is rumored to be world premiering at Cannes ahead of its June 24 theatrical release. Butler’s additional credits include a supporting role in Quentin Tarantino’s “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.” He first broke out as a cast member on the ABC Family series “Switched at Birth.” Butler’s upcoming projects also includes a role in the Apple TV Plus limited series “Masters of Air.”

Villeneuve teased “Dune: Part 2” earlier this year in an interview with Empire magazine, saying, “Some new characters will be introduced in the second part and a decision I made very early on was that this first part would be more about Paul Atreides and the Bene Gesserit, and his experience of being in contact for the first time with a different culture. Second part, there will be much more Harkonnen stuff.”

“Dune” grossed nearly $400 million globally and snagged 10 Oscar nominations, including nods for best picture and best adapted screenplay. Villeneuve was snubbed in the best director category, an omission that produced some blowback.

Denis Villeneuve: ‘Dune: Part 2’ Script ‘Mostly Finished,’ More Imax Footage Planned.

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/d...ax-1235205376/
    By Zack Sharf - Mar 15, 2022 9:34am PT

Denis Villeneuve is planning to go even bigger in “Dune: Part 2” than he did in the 2021 first installment. Speaking to Collider, the director confirmed that the screenplay for his anticipated “Dune” sequel is “mostly” finished. Villeneuve and cinematographer Greig Fraser shot several sequences in “Dune” using IMAX cameras, and they will do so again in “Dune: Part 2” to a hopefully even larger degree.

“Greig Fraser and I, we fell in love with this format, and definitely there will be — even probably more — Imax footage in this movie. Definitely,” the director said.

“The screenplay is finished mostly, but it’s always a work in progress,” Villeneuve added about the sequel. “It’ll be a work in progress until final cut, but I will say it’s solidified. I have a script in my hands. We are in prep right now.. My crew, we are in full prep for the movie.”

Villeneuve was finishing the “Dune: Part 2” script while on the Oscar circuit for “Dune,” which is nominated for 10 Academy Awards. Although Villeneuve missed out in the director category, he’s still in the running for Oscars thanks to the film’s best picture and adapted screenplay nominations.

“With the awards seasons, it’s tricky,” Villeneuve said about balancing “Dune” awards press with “Dune: Part 2” screenwriting. “My brain is like, it’s like two parts of my brain that don’t connect together…And I’m not complaining.”

“Dune: Part 2” will reunite Villeneuve with cast members Timothée Chalamet, Rebecca Ferguson, Josh Brolin, Stellan Skarsgård, Dave Bautista, Zendaya and Javier Bardem. In talks to join the cast are Florence Pugh, who is in final negotiations to play Princess Irulan, and “Elvis” actor Austin Butler, who is in early conversations to play Baron Vladimir Harkonnen’s sadistic nephew and heir Feyd-Rautha.

“Dune” grossed nearly $400 million globally despite opening in the U.S. in theaters and streaming via HBO Max at the same time. The film is now available to stream on HBO Max.
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2022-03-20 at 11:37 PM.

Ok, this might not be Dune part 2, but here is your chance to fly Ornithopters and get eaten by the Worm:

https://warthunder.com/en/news/7632-...giant-worms-en
    Gaijin's 1st April jokes are often better thought out than some parts of the regular gameplay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

5+ Year Old Account
    Dune Part 2 Begins Production In July, Florence Pugh Casting Officially Announced.

Gamerant
    BY AHSAN DOWLING - 16 HOURS AGO

Coming off the heels of Hawkeye and Black Widow, Florence Pugh will be joining the sequel of this film franchise. Florence Pugh will be playing Princess Irulan in the upcoming film while the villainous Feyd-Rautha Harkonnen will be played by Austin Butler (Elvis). Both are solid choices as Pugh has had nothing but great performances in all of her recent outings. One of the most notable films was the divisive and disturbing Midsommar.

The official story synopsis that released reads, “Part Two will focus on Paul (Timothy Chalamet) assembling a massive army of Fremen to combat the ruthless Harkonnen (Stellan Skarsgård), as he essentially becomes a mythical messiah figure to the inhabitants of Arrakis.” Needless to say, this film will be a lot bigger and more intense than the previous film as a war is evidently brewing. It was also teased that a lot of minor characters will be getting a bigger role.

I wonder if this will cover the whole of the first Dune book, or if we'll be left hanging for a part 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I wonder if this will cover the whole of the first Dune book, or if we'll be left hanging for a part 3.
    The plan was to cover the book in 2 parts, but they may intend to keep on going into the further sequels, in which case, who knows how many we'll get.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    The biggest 'group' in the book I ever REALLY wanted (and wished) more was written about other than the last Dune Book - the "series" I really wished Frank Herbert had written, or Brian Sanderson (the author that wrote the other prequels - was that him? I can't remember its been over 20 years since I last read them heh) - man I want/wanted more on the Bene Gesserit!

But I keep my expectations low on this prequel series - just due to tv's history with scifi (in general) and adaptations-esque stuff like this. I hope its quality and fits with canon (as best it can) but tv has not impressed me in the last five years. So the 21 year old in me is going to be super-disappointed-bum if this series sucks because it was ALL I wanted to read more of once the Dune series (original) was finished. They can do a lot to mess up the religious Super-Ninja-Women (as I like to lovingly refer to them )
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR

5+ Year Old Account
    And why not Charles Dance?...

‘Dune: Part Two’: Christopher Walken To Play The Emperor In Sequel For Legendary And Warner Bros.

https://deadline.com/2022/05/dune-pa...or-1235021590/
    By Justin Kroll Senior Film Reporter - May 12, 2022 10:30am

Denis Villeneuve is adding another high-profile talent to an already-loaded cast as sources tell Deadline Christopher Walken is set to play the Emperor in Warner Bros. and Legendary’s Dune: Part Two. Walken joins the all-star ensemble that includes Timothée Chalamet, Rebecca Ferguson, Zendaya and Josh Brolin, who are expected to reprise their roles, as well Florence Pugh and Austin Butler, who were also recently announced. Villeneuve is back to write, direct and produce.

Legendary had no comment. Production is expected to start in the fall, with the film set to bow on October 20, 2023. Jon Spaihts is returning to co-write script with Villeneuve.

Even with Dune: Part One going day-and-date on HBO Max, the film was still able to thrive in theaters with an opening weekend of $41 million, which exceeded expectations and led to a quick greenlight for a sequel weeks later. The film has grossed $400 million at the worldwide box office to date including $108 million domestically. It also recently racked up 10 Oscar nominations including Best Picture.

Walken is coming off two critically-acclaimed roles on TV with Amazon Studios’ The Outlaws and most recently Severance, which was just renewed for a second season. He Is repped by ICM Partners.