Page 1 of 61
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

[Movie] Dune movie confirmed

https://twitter.com/DuneAuthor/statu...41857400565760
    It's official -- Legendary Pictures has signed the very talented Denis Villeneuve to direct the exciting new DUNE series film project.
    First Blade Runner, now Dune. If he doesn't screw up these two he'll be like a new God-director of Sci-fi movies.
    Oh, hi.

That's awesome i love the dune universe.

He better not mess this up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    While it's not exactly certain if it won't be shit...Denis Villeneuve has produced nothing but fuckin masterpieces for his whole career lol. I am stoked as fuck for this...

Check out his other works if you haven't already.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

May the spice flow for him.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm very happy and proud of Denis Villeneuve. I can't wait to see what he will do with this gargantuan saga.

I hope we'll get the real Baron Harkonnen, and not the screaming pustulant maniac David Lynch gave us. And no milk from a cat with a rat grafted on her back, please! Or heartplugs. I mean, I don't hate the first movie, but some things were just... weird. Pardon the euphemism.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    I'm very happy and proud of Denis Villeneuve. I can't wait to see what he will do with this gargantuan saga.

I hope we'll get the real Baron Harkonnen, and not the screaming pustulant maniac David Lynch gave us. And no milk from a cat with a rat grafted on her back, please! Or heartplugs. I mean, I don't hate the first movie, but some things were just... weird. Pardon the euphemism.
    Nothing beats that scene where Sting pops out of that shower in his speedo!

Many men have tried and died.

I do hope they keep the original soundtrack in the remake cause the music was one of the few things that was totally awesome in David Lynchs Dune

Quote Originally Posted by fsdhjte View Post
    I do hope they keep the original soundtrack in the remake cause the music was one of the few things that was totally awesome in David Lynchs Dune

[video=youtube;VN52mJHpUAw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN52mJHpUAw&index=14&list=PLA41FBE817859ACC3[ideo]
    Doubtful. Scores are tailor-made to scenes.

Call me a cynic but I don't have high hopes.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    I demand a scene of Baron Harkonnen raping an underage boy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Exciting. The original Dune series is fantastic. However, it seems "the son" is involved and doesn't want to start the movie series with book 1 from the original series. I'm guessing he wants to make a crappy prequel from the content of his own crappy fanfiction-worthy books. We'll see how it goes.

EMPEROR WE COME FOR YOU, WE COME FOR YOU, LONG LIVE THE FIGHTERS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Synbios View Post
    Exciting. The original Dune series is fantastic. However, it seems "the son" is involved and doesn't want to start the movie series with book 1 from the original series. I'm guessing he wants to make a crappy prequel from the content of his own crappy fanfiction-worthy books. We'll see how it goes.
    *cries real tears*

Actually I'm not too heart-broken, I think the scifi mini-series did a decent job of adapting Dune and Children of Dune, I doubt we'll get anything much better (barring effects and acting) in anything that's under 4 hours.

yes! the only thing missing is they need to bring in David Arkenstone who did the soundtrack to Emperor: Battle for Dune, fucking masterful work he did there.

7+ Year Old Account
    wasnt the original like 11 hours long?

10+ Year Old Account
    It won't have Patrick Stewart. That's a strike against it already.

The David lynch version was great. If someone like Stanly Kubrick was still alive, he could make a good version of doom. They should get Michael Fassbinder to play Paul Atreides.

Quote Originally Posted by thealmightymoo View Post
    wasnt the original like 11 hours long?
    The original version by David Lynch and produced by Rafaela Di Laurentis was 5.5 hours long.

And MAN would I pay REAL money for that version.

The studio wouldn't allow anything remotely like that to run and forced massive cuts rather than go with an "experiment in film".

So, the movie is a disjointed series of vignettes that make sense if you've read the books, but otherwise... it's just a strange film.

I really hope they get this right.

Dune is my favorite Sci-fi series of all time.

I actually met Frank Herbert 2 months before he died and got a signed copy of Chapterhouse: Dune in Hardback.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    https://twitter.com/DuneAuthor/statu...41857400565760

First Blade Runner, now Dune. If he doesn't screw up these two he'll be like a new God-director of Sci-fi movies.

Yeah, Denis Villeneuve just did an outstanding job on Prisoners and Sicario.

Hopes are now raised to Condition Orange...

Anyone know if it's just going to be the first few books up till Leto II gets wormified, or will it be the whole thing (psycho sex demons, AI, super-Duncan, etc.)?

Happy to see this get some love again, this series deserves more attention than Star Wars and such... not holding my breath though, original material is a bit too heavy for the average person to digest.
    Last edited by Ærion; 2017-02-04 at 06:29 AM.