Page 11 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Most Americans dont even know what a Jihad is beyond a word used on fox news from time to time.

I think its pretty obvious why they changed it to crusade.

They are making a few changes so the complex world of Dune isnt so complex to a viewer so the film actually has a shot at making money otherwise it would just be another bladerunner 2049 financial flop because the average viewer would rather watch marvel superhero films than support a thought provoking sci fi epic.
    Last edited by Volatilis; 2020-09-15 at 12:00 AM.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

5+ Year Old Account
    It's probably denis just doesn't want the kind of attention from the crazies that charlie hebdo got, n just focus on the movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    The cast is absolutely stacked with star power and Denis Villeneuve is probably my favorite director (seriously watch "Sicario" and "Incendies" if you haven't, really great films) so I'm optimistic about this. The trailer looked great as well

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm a big fan of Villeneuve's films and this has a great cast, but I really wish the color grading wasn't so desaturated.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post
    This movie will not do well with most audiences, and I doubt most long-time fans will like it. The director himself doesn't enjoy working on it!
    Yeah nothing to do with covid and threaters not doing well. It's because the director wanted to waste 3 to 4 years of his life when he could have picked any project to work on.

What a clueless post
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm clueless? You know it's against the rules to troll others here, right? Did I say it didn't have anything to do with the foreign plague? No. Y

He hasn't enjoyed working on it since the start. And neither did Lynch. It's a weird SyFy to adapt, that's all. Uptight people, I'll tell you what!
    You know. I actually agree it won't do well. But not because the director is sick of it. But because modern audiences don't go to thought provoking Sci fi films they go watch joss whedon and russo brothers superhero films with attractive actors in tight suits.

If you could kindly link this proof of dennis hating the experience that would be great because everything I've seen it's business as usual and he's creating his vision best he can. And he loves dune so....
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

All signs indicate that this is a love letter from Denis Villeneuve. Where is this coming from that he 'hates working on it'?

I'm clueless? You know it's against the rules to troll others here, right? Did I say it didn't have anything to do with the foreign plague? No. Y

He hasn't enjoyed working on it since the start. And neither did Lynch. It's a weird SyFy to adapt, that's all. Uptight people, I'll tell you what!
    Are you sure you are not the one trolling here?

Not entirely unexpected, but still somewhat disappointing.

Another year it is, then.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was months ago when I read it. I've got a damn good memory, but apparently the articles I read weren't important enough for me to bookmark, and I'm not looking through months of history to find it. Do some digging.
    Yeah... nothing to be found. Your memory isn't as good as you think it is.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    You know. I actually agree it won't do well. But not because the director is sick of it. But because modern audiences don't go to thought provoking Sci fi films they go watch joss whedon and russo brothers superhero films with attractive actors in tight suits.

If you could kindly link this proof of dennis hating the experience that would be great because everything I've seen it's business as usual and he's creating his vision best he can. And he loves dune so....
    It is too deep for a movie/set of movies. I think the whole story at least up to GEOD would be a great TV series where you could break it down and explain everything. The Prelog from the Lynch movie did a good fast and dirty here is the history that matters but it was still too much to take in if you hadn't read the book. The SyFy channels mini series was good about that with more explaining then just Lynch's eye candy.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Monteverdi View Post
    All signs indicate that this is a love letter from Denis Villeneuve. Where is this coming from that he 'hates working on it'?
    Especially from what little I know of the guy, he's a total film geek, like Tarantino level. Adapting Dune is probably a dream project of his; doesn't mean every day is perfect while doing that obviously, but I strongly doubt he hates the project at all.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Super bummed to see it pushed back.

I'm wondering when the studio will finally cave and just go with a VoD release. I'd still see it in theaters even after watching in VoD.
    I remember watching Lynch's sand worms on the big screen. The spectacle of that shot alone was worth the price of admission.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Super bummed to see it pushed back.

I'm wondering when the studio will finally cave and just go with a VoD release. I'd still see it in theaters even after watching in VoD.
    I remember watching Lynch's sand worms on the big screen. The spectacle of that shot alone was worth the price of admission.
    Be careful what you wish for, AMC is on life-support and Regal Cinemas has already announced that they would close their US and UK locals for the foreseeable future. If those two go belly-up VoD will be the only way left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

5+ Year Old Account
    Dune’s Baron Harkonnen Fully Revealed Via New Action Figure
    https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/ne...-action-figure

Looks like darth vader ate too many ewok burgers in an alternate reality where he got depressed for many reasons that could have contributed to his obesity

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it's his uniform on Arrakis. It looks like a stillsuit. I would have imagin him a bit more extravagant and regal. But you're right it looks like a set you could get as a Sith player on SWTOR.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Baron Harkonnen is supposed to be very fat, diseased, and physically and morally grotesque. He can't even walk under this own power anymore due to a sickness/disease he is given after he rapes a nun, basically.

In the books, Vald wears a gravity suspension suit because he can no longer walk on his own. That action figure is most likely the film version of what is said in the novel to be the suspension suit.

Most of the technology in Dune is described as being so discrete as to be almost unnoticeable (like a lamp can be a supercomputer) or extremely mundane seeming- this butter knife is plain and ordinary-looking but is a laser weapon that can melt a spaceship. The peoples in Dune largely considered it, culturally, poor form to have technology that obviously stood out as machinery or product and so forth.

How else are you supposed to float around like a madman in a heat induced fever dream
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

5+ Year Old Account
    ah the chopper!

'tis but a teaser trailer

i wuz so scared with no news of dune! Last times I heard anything from denis was him raging that all the movies would release at the same time at hbo max, that was ages ago it feels, movie should be done, he should be working on the 2nd one, non? He didn't rage quit did he??
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2021-04-12 at 04:12 PM.