Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Mythic +24 Eye of Azshara, Patch 7.2 - New Tabards, Blue Posts, TESO: Morrowind

Patch 2.5.0 PTR Notes Now Live

Malfurion vs Valeera - A Hearthstone Cartoon

Mythic +24 Eye of Azshara
    Congratulations to Relodr, Artlu, Irsix, Tyaniqt, and Battletaure for completing Mythic +24 Eye of Azshara!

Patch 7.2 - New Tabards
    Several new tabards were added in recent PTR builds.

Level Type Name Model Viewer
    1Tabard Black Apron - TEST
    Modelviewer
    1Tabard Legionfall Tabard TEST
    Modelviewer
    1Tabard Cruel Gladiator's Tabard
    Modelviewer
    1Tabard Cruel Gladiator's Tabard
    Modelviewer
    1Tabard Ferocious Gladiator's Tabard
    Modelviewer
    1Tabard Ferocious Gladiator's Tabard
    Modelviewer
    1Tabard PH Gladiator's Tabard
    Modelviewer
    Modelviewer
    Modelviewer
    Modelviewer
    Modelviewer
    Modelviewer

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    PTR Testing Update: Class Campaigns
    We've resolved an issue with the PTR that was preventing Class Campaigns from showing up. You should now be able to proceed with testing them.

Thank you for your patience! (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Order Hall sets: what a WASTE
    By the time 7.2 comes out ilvl 860 will be worthless as well. Admit it, it was another poor design choice and implemented terribly
    You (and other individual players) are not representative of every one of the players in this game. For you, sure, this may not be helpful at all - but for some people, this will be a good way to boost a couple of slots, and that's where the intent for this lies.

Again, this is not an intended answer for every avenue of play style.

----

I appreciate the feedback on this update, everyone. Again, I'll ask about the gating and see what we plan to do about addressing it.

Ornyx,

from your replies, it's apparent you're missing the point here. The order hall sets are mostly useless by time you get them. When I dinged 110 was getting 805 WQ gear. By time I rand a few heroics and thus got better WQ gear, the few 820 pieces were outclassed.

Dont get me wrong it was nice to grab some 820s as I hit 110 etc. but their useful life was VERY VERY short. Once you start getting 835 WQ gear, the OH gear isn't useful. So, we have a situation where you can't use these pieces to help leveling and you can only really benefit from the for a week or two after hitting 110.

Having them be 860 will be nice, but again, for those of us playing now we'll likely have almost everything at 860 anyway and for newly dinged toons it might be too much bother to do everything needed to get the 860 versions vs simply playing the game and getting gear the normal way.

I don't think I'm missing the point. I understand people think the gear is useless because they out level it compared to the curve you have to climb to get the gear.

I'm just saying that there are cases that this gear will be useful, and if you have a few slots open that match the pieces you have, that are sub-860, then great, you have a use for it. 860 is not instantly obsolete gear unless you're raiding. It's on level with Nighthold raidfinder, which seems fine as an introductory step.

Like I said, I'm going to ask about the gating. If that comes down at all, then I could see this being more widely useful.

Just dinged 110 on a new toon the other day and would have loved having those 860 tokens. The AH is expensive, LOL. Wanna level a new toon, but 7.2 is so far away. Wish those tokens came in a minipatch or whatever. Anyway good change for me.

((I just do WQ, LFR and Reg Mythics, btw.

~~

Who are these people LOL . Even the most casual player, of which I am, has no need for this gear. It was poorly designed and poorly implemented. The cost of upgrading the gear is just not worth it . FFace it it was a really bad decision , one of many in the last 3 expansions
    You submitted that just before me. I am fine with the gear. Like i said, i just do lower level stuff. When I do mythics, I often make my own groups which are usually lower ilvl people.

Yep. The target for something like this is not players who are raiding, doing high-end mythics, etc. Casual players who are just world questing, came in late to the game, etc. can see some use from this.

Glad you understand this - wish we could get 'em to you sooner! ;P

I don't even do mythics (or heroics) and I generally replace all of the easily unlocked pieces of this set within a few days of played time at max level.
    In the current environment, sure. The point here is the 860 tokens coming next patch. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Class Mounts
    Are we going to need Pathfinder to get our class mounts or will we be able to ride them as ground mounts?
    Legion Pathfinder is not required to earn the 7.2 Class Mounts, no. (WarcraftDevs)

Artifact Power in Patch 7.2
    Am I wasting my time farming AP for my weapon: will taking the empowerment at 54 traits yield MORE benefit than at, say, 36?
    You'll have more AP refunded, so you'll be able to buy more of the new traits immediately. (WarcraftDevs)

What will happen the passive bonus we got from having the "Paragon Trait" maxed? We will we lose it?
    Yes, but there'll be a flat increase to the Artifact's power as part of that process. Between that and new traits, it'll be a clear upgrade.(WarcraftDevs)

Legendary Items
    Disclaimer: I'm not on the item team, and my math knowledge stopped at differential equations. (Muffinus)
    But I'd love to hear your thoughts on legendary items, knowing that "I want to be able to shoot specifically for X" I have heard. (Muffinus)
    If you post a forum link I will read it, just know that I'm curious, but also that I cannot enact change myself, but I am happy to pass info (Muffinus)
    (You don't need more math knowledge than algebra for like, 90% of balance.)
    .the Encounter Team ensures that any scaling you do is worthless on their 4.5-add, 30% mobility fight (Muffinus)

Raids
    Aluriel is now able to be skipped. Intentional hotfix or a bug? Would hate to try it and get banned!
    This was an intentional change - you can now fight Tichondrius, Botanist, and Krosus before defeating Aluriel. (WarcraftDevs)

The Elder Scrolls Online - Morrowind Announcement Trailer
    The Elder Scrolls Online recently announced a new expansion that will be released on June 6, 2017. It brings the new Warden class and much more!

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    24 Eye... what are these guys eating?!

"By the time 7.2 comes out ilvl 860 will be worthless as well. Admit it, it was another poor design choice and implemented terribly

You (and other individual players) are not representative of every one of the players in this game. For you, sure, this may not be helpful at all - but for some people, this will be a good way to boost a couple of slots, and that's where the intent for this lies.

Again, this is not an intended answer for every avenue of play style."

Owned!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind at long last! I've been hyped about this chapter since it was first datamined.

Quote Originally Posted by kornek21 View Post
    "By the time 7.2 comes out ilvl 860 will be worthless as well. Admit it, it was another poor design choice and implemented terribly

Again, this is not an intended answer for every avenue of play style."

Owned!
    owned ? the guy has a very solid argument and blizz's only come back is we also want to support players that herp derps and doesnt know how to gear up efficiently and optimally

his point stands , the design is poor and implementation is bad

Morrowind looks fab. It's great to see an MMO apart from WoW doing an actual expansion rather than just a "large content update". Good expansions are rare these days.

Deleted
    That blue is being so obtuse. The point still remains: the gear is only there for transmog at the moment. Who is this even targeted to? by the time you have all the requirements for getting those pieces you won't need them. They need to either bump the ilvl quite considerably or remove the requirements to buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarela View Post
    That blue is being so obtuse. The point still remains: the gear is only there for transmog at the moment. Who is this even targeted to? by the time you have all the requirements for getting those pieces you won't need them. They need to either bump the ilvl quite considerably or remove the requirements to buy them.
    Not to mention the blue keeps insisting that the set is there to "add one or two pieces" to a burgeoning gear set, but the class hall sets have set bonuses.

Deleted
    Another pure example how developers cannot understand their own game.. "Again, the purpose of this set is not to be an answer to not raiding. 860 will keep you afloat, and should be acceptable to get into normal modes for most 7.0-7.1.5 raids" Every f*** group asks the base ilvl what the raid drops or more... with 860 you cannot even get invite into normal mythics nowadays.

I wonder how do those who payed the sub for ESO feel when they see this trailer? Mostly all of their money went into the trailer not into the game once again. They try TO MILK THeIR FAN BASE SO MUCH.
    Last edited by mmocfd328e0b6e; 2017-02-03 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Those are not really THAT popular in Germany.

- - - Updated - - -

Does his point stand? Does he indeed have a "solid" argument? He insists that every part of gear should be available when HE thinks it helps him. Blizzard replies "it is not the intention".

Would you understand it if they said "Yes, class Hall shoulders will often just be interesting for a transmog completionists and we are fully OK with it"

Sure, it leaves your opinion of "badly implemented" and I would share that sentiment. Especially as long as this rep is not account wide. But at the end of the day it is a design choice you disagree with. Doesn't make it a solid argument.

And I don't even see where you could interpret Blizzard supports " support players that herp derps and doesnt know how to gear up efficiently and optimally"?

You hit 110, you do dungeons and raids and WQs, you get better gear right away. What does it matter that you will be skipping the Class Hall shoulders?
    it would be acceptable if blue specifically says the class hall set is strictly for transmog purposes only, but from the blue post is just shows how disconnected the devs are with the game, its like they dont even play the game at all

" 860 will keep you afloat, and should be acceptable to get into normal modes for most 7.0-7.1.5 raids, with a bit of a bump needed for something like normal Nighthold."

860 ilvl wont even get u in normal mythic dungeons, these wonderful looking sets obviously fails to serve the purpose the devs created them for , to keep players afloat n join 7.0-7.1.5 raids.

So yes, the guy has a rock solid argument and his point stands because of the blue responses.

holy shit, that bitch bitching right there about the class hall set this planet is doomed...

I dunno how the blues put up with these children every day.

Class Hall Sets are completely fine. Their Set bonus are clearly indicating what they might be used for : Questing. Not Mythic Gul'dan.

Of course you would prefer the Class Hall Sets being 920 ilvl. But then you would complain when 890+ people suck in your MM+15 PUG.

You will aim for the Set bonuses on low-ilvl alts or to ease the expeditions (dunno if their bonus are fine for one class, I never really cared). You will aim for one particular piece if you're being unlucky regarding one item slot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JIMM- View Post
    owned ? the guy has a very solid argument and blizz's only come back is we also want to support players that herp derps and doesnt know how to gear up efficiently and optimally

his point stands , the design is poor and implementation is bad
    You mean the MAJORITY of players, the amount of players who actually visit forums to discuss/complain about changes are MINIMAL. I know it feels like we have a vast amount of players who visit the forums to discuss things but the truth is there's much more who don't. You're part of the minority, Blizzard need to cater to all players.

Also if you think using the order hall sets are efficient and optimal you're playing the game wrong. You didn't even need to equip more than 1/3 of them before Mythic+ was released, if you had the full set you're actually not playing efficiently in the slightest.

Also there's ALWAYS been gear in the game that becomes outdated over time, literally in every expansion there's been gear that's gated behind rep that falls off after the first tier and is forgotten on the vendor. Also FYI there's LOTS of other MMO's that have the same system, Wildstar, Guild Wars 2 , Tera Online, etc etc... Just because the items aren't useful anymore doesn't mean it's "bad design", it just means they served their purpose in the expansion and there will be better gear that's obtainable otherwise.

Get the fuck over yourselves, how entitled can you possibly be. Stop looking for issues and try to enjoy the game, you're literally calling Blizzard out on the lamest points, it's like you haven't played a MMO before.
    Last edited by mmocf6edb8744c; 2017-02-03 at 09:02 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    You will aim for the Set bonuses on low-ilvl alts or to ease the expeditions (dunno if their bonus are fine for one class, I never really cared). You will aim for one particular piece if you're being unlucky regarding one item slot.
    Worng, how come anybody's alt can hit Revered or Exalted reputation to buy a piece, right after having reached 110. That's why it is only good for transmogs.

From my experience with some alts, it happend that the same day I had got a head piece and upgraded its item level to 830, I happened to get 840 ilev head. That was when I stopped bothering with buying and upgrading the order hall set pieces on alts. I still value the whole set for transmog on my pala main

15+ Year Old Account
    That typical situation where people always think they are majority. Really, if most of wow players actually visited the forums, it would be hell.
    Now, if having a system that can benefit some people and be -obsolete- for those who have more time to play and put some effort on their gear, why not have it? It's a pointless argument really.
    It's better to have more options that benefit a variety of people even if "The majority" has no use for it, than remove something because it doesn't fir someone who posts angrily on the forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JIMM- View Post
    860 ilvl wont even get u in normal mythic dungeons, these wonderful looking sets obviously fails to serve the purpose the devs created them for , to keep players afloat n join 7.0-7.1.5 raids.
    Most normal Mythics I see in the EU region are 840+.
    860 is way ovberkill for normal mythic.

Bad choice of blizzard with the Class gear because when you have the rep to get the gear will also find something better from World quests and HC dungeons

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarx View Post
    Bad choice of blizzard with the Class gear because when you have the rep to get the gear will also find something better from World quests and HC dungeons
    One question:
    Why do you need the class hall gear?

Deleted

Hooligans

Quote Originally Posted by Doomaz View Post
    holy shit, that bitch bitching right there about the class hall set this planet is doomed...
    That's why we call them Keyboard Hooligans