Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    This game needs to die and get a sequel. Or something.

Anyone here tried Divinity: original sin?
    Divinity is more like Baldur's Gate than Diablo.

But it is a very solid title. Though the original release is a bit better than the "directors cut" which simplified the game sometimes in too many ways (though improves it in others).
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Oh boy, as if getting well rolled ancient versions of legendaries wasn't bad enough...

At this point I only play D3 whenever FF14 is down for maintenance, so I'll never see any such item at the rate I'm going.

10+ Year Old Account
    EDIT: seems to be old stuff. the date is from several months ago. disregard what i said.

there is a chance that 2.5 will contain a bit more stuff than the first patchnotes show.

http://www.buffed.de/Diablo-3-Spiel-...Infos-1195510/

while i am not a great fan of buffed.de it is a rather big german fan site. so the chance that some of this stuff is not total bullshit is not negligible.

for those who not speak german:

- there will be torment up to lvl 16.
    - a new game mode "devil's hand". a random multistage quest mode. description is vague but seems to be similar to wows mythic+ with different monster/boss enchantments.
    - a box 3x3 for charms. similar to d2. no real information.
    - new gem icons. either cosmetic stuff or totally new shards/gems.
    - new act icon. highly speculative. would not think to hard about it until further information is available.
    - character frames for the next 10 seasons.
    - a shop interface. probably for micro transactions. could also be purely for the chinese version.

all of this is totally speculative. this is the only site where i found this. it could be utter bullshit.
    but i hope that blizzard has as much stuff planed for d3 as this potentially shows.
    Last edited by Sharde; 2017-02-02 at 10:33 PM.

7+ Year Old Account

I'd hate it if it is a simple layer of RNG lathered on what is already a shitload of rng. Maybe they are making getting ancients a bit easier or reliable though, and so primals would be the new ancients.

Good news! I hope...

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/t...page=3#post-45

I wonder what it is, guess we'll know soon. Also confirms that we're getting some more stuff added to the PTR over the course of the next weeks.

And what next? Powerful Primal Ancient items? And then Even More Powerful Primal Ancient? I had so high hopes for D3 before Blizzcon after reading "Blizzcon will be awesome for D fans" message.

And now I just realized theres no hope for D3 anymore. Its basically dead game (for me) at this point. Ofc there are people who enjoy GRifting and D3 but In my opinion its garbage endgame mechanic and it killed the game for me.

Personally, while I'm okay with the idea of Primal Ancients and am "okay" with the current idea...

I would rather them be something less RNG, like a cube recipe that you can use to convert Ancients INTO Primal Ancients..
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

7+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Loving the amount of thoughtful and constructive discourse on this topic. We knew introducing Primal Ancients would be somewhat controversial, because they are meant to be very rare, and we appreciate the time and effort you all have taken to testing them thus far. We're reading as many threads, watching as many videos, and listening to as many streams as possible to gather your thoughts and reflect on them.

There are definitely some good and valid concerns, and we are going to be making some significant design changes with Primal Ancients. These changes aren't set in stone and have some technical hurdles behind them, so they won't be making the next PTR patch, but a future one instead.
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/t...page=3#post-45

10+ Year Old Account
    I heard that in an upcoming patch, they will remove the chance to craft Primal Ancients or get them in the Cube, but increase the drop chance to about 5%. Plus, when they drop you'll get a cool red light beam, which is nice!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I heard that in an upcoming patch, they will remove the chance to craft Primal Ancients or get them in the Cube, but increase the drop chance to about 5%. Plus, when they drop you'll get a cool red light beam, which is nice!
    Heard where? That all sounds like speculation.

I don't care what they do tbh. I'll prob stick with the game on console since next Season they are coming to PS4/XB1 but apart from that my main ARPG will be Path of Exile. Diablo is about RNG but stacking a layer of RNG on top of an existing layer is fucking stupid.

Deleted
    Somewhere along the way the d3 devs just gave up.

They started by making new items for each season which would then be the incentive to play season vs non season.

Now its hollow cosmetic shit, no real content for over a year. Then they announce the necro after a year of no content, but that necro isnt going to be released for another year IE 2 years of no content. The only content coming in 2.5 is the armory. Which is like... i dno. fun? But not really content though? And the titanforged shit isnt content either its just the same gear with a chance of higher stats. it takes like 3-4 hours of fiddling with some code and there it is.

The real question people should be asking is:

what the fuck are they doing? Why does d3 still have developers when they dont develop anything?

I dont mind them coming out and saying: Listen. D3 is done. We are going to make new seasons with nothing new every 2 months and thats it.

But this shit with trying to keep people playing with cosmetic shit and sort of adding new stuff once in a blue moon to make it seem like the game is still under developement is such shit.

Real content in an arpg is new classes, new gear and new spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I dont mind them coming out and saying: Listen. D3 is done. We are going to make new seasons with nothing new every 2 months and thats it.
    As much as some of us might have more respect for devs if they were a bit more honest in that regard, I think there's a real concern that even more people would just flat out quit if a developer just came out and said that a game was "done".

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Real content in an arpg is new classes, new gear and new spells.
    Out of curiosity, I see people praise Path of Exile a lot, especially in comparison to Diablo 3, but does PoE regularly introduce new classes, new spells, or something "more" than what D3 is doing? I know Marvel Heroes regularly comes out with new characters, but I understand that game has it's own problems, one of which might actually be that the devs like shaking things up a little too much....
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, did they ever fix D2 playing like crap on modern day systems? I remember trying to instal it on my old Windows 7 laptop and it... it wasn't pretty.

Did they fix it to work a bit better on Windows 10 or is installing it on this machine going to be equally unplayable?

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    Out of curiosity, I see people praise Path of Exile a lot, especially in comparison to Diablo 3, but does PoE regularly introduce new classes, new spells, or something "more" than what D3 is doing? I know Marvel Heroes regularly comes out with new characters, but I understand that game has it's own problems, one of which might actually be that the devs like shaking things up a little too much....
    PoE has a str, dex, int, str/int, str/dex, int/dex and str/int/dex class which alters how their passive tree looks but none of them have spells tied to it. You gain spells from "gems", of which new ones do get added. They also added stuff like ascendency (sub classes) etc. Stuff like that can keep it fresh. The only thing D3 has done recently in that regard was kanai's cube. Heck, even with RoS they only gave classes 1 new spell each. They did rework a couple of spells though.

Hmm, did they ever fix D2 playing like crap on modern day systems? I remember trying to instal it on my old Windows 7 laptop and it... it wasn't pretty.

Did they fix it to work a bit better on Windows 10 or is installing it on this machine going to be equally unplayable?
    It works fine if you run it as windows XP (right click the game go to compatibility, launch in compatibility mode and select windows xp service pack 3).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    It works fine if you run it as windows XP (right click the game go to compatibility, launch in compatibility mode and select windows xp service pack 3).
    Nah that's long CBA. Might tryin PoE again, it's free so who cares if I get bored again.

Nah that's long CBA. Might tryin PoE again, it's free so who cares if I get bored again.
    I'm playing PoE too, plus next patch will officially support solo self found (basically a separate league with separate ladders) and 14th of februray they will announce the new expansion.

Kinda like D3 huh?

Anyway, now i'm waiting for the redesign of Primal Ancients. Let's see what they can come out with.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I'm playing PoE too, plus next patch will officially support solo self found (basically a separate league with separate ladders) and 14th of februray they will announce the new expansion.

Kinda like D3 huh?

Anyway, now i'm waiting for the redesign of Primal Ancients. Let's see what they can come out with.

Seeing as I pretty much always played Self Found anyway, I like the sound of this new league . And new expac noice...

but yeah, there is a less than 0% chance that Primal Ancients will go live the way they are now... If they do? Damn...

Seeing as I pretty much always played Self Found anyway, I like the sound of this new league . And new expac noice...

but yeah, there is a less than 0% chance that Primal Ancients will go live the way they are now... If they do? Damn...
    once PoE comes to the ps4 I won't ever have a reason to play diablo 3 again really, especially when they release the solo self found league as my main issue with path of exile was the trading. God is the trading fucking awful
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.