Thread: R.i.p. Ww

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Angry R.i.p. Ww

-Hit Combo now grants 1% damage per stack in PvP situations (was 2% per stack).
    -Heavy-Handed Strikes now stuns the target for 3 seconds (was 4 seconds).

So a build that revolves around stun+burst just got yet another nurf to stun and burst ..

10+ Year Old Account
    to be fair WW burst was kinda insane. Not saying OP just really really good. So that it was harder to counter in low skill brackets and those apparently matter to our tablet playing dev team

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was a good change, WW was kind of really good. I'm glad they put this on instead of reducing the temples thou.

WW is still viable, they got a ton of choices for comps (3s).

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Needed change, ww was broken. Keep the salt coming
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Needed change, ww was broken. Keep the salt coming
    God, please mention what class you play. Mm... mage. Yes, the single class that has been rank 1 viable (including original vanilla high warlord) since vanilla. Complaining about other classes being broken with arcane and fire (and now frost as per usual) in 7.1.5. You think you have a right to say whats broken and not?

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    -Hit Combo now grants 1% damage per stack in PvP situations (was 2% per stack).
    -Heavy-Handed Strikes now stuns the target for 3 seconds (was 4 seconds).

So a build that revolves around stun+burst just got yet another nurf to stun and burst ..
    A 4-sec stun on a 20-sec CD that also happens to be the main dmg ability...yea, that's brilliant game design there.

WW was broken and it arguably still is even with this "nerf". WW got a lot of goodies that should have been given to enhancement shaman, and WW should have been the perpetual middle-of-the-pack class at all that it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrytie View Post
    to be fair WW burst was kinda insane. Not saying OP just really really good. So that it was harder to counter in low skill brackets and those apparently matter to our tablet playing dev team
    What's the counter for a stun on a 20 sec CD? I'd like to know this. Don't let he monk hit you? OK...oh wait, dragon kick + roll lets him chase you anywhere you go. Attack the monk? Karma.

The absurdity of a talent that allows a frequently used attack to stun is just as dumb as "mace stun" warriors. Yes, arms warriors who equipped a 2H-mace would randomly stun their target for 3 sec and it proc'd often. Most retarded thing ever, but this is a close second.

Quote Originally Posted by Resentless View Post
    God, please mention what class you play. Mm... mage. Yes, the single class that has been rank 1 viable (including original vanilla high warlord) since vanilla. Complaining about other classes being broken with arcane and fire (and now frost as per usual) in 7.1.5. You think you have a right to say whats broken and not?
    Are you really complaining about mages? Wow. Find something else to do. Fire and arcane mages explode if you sneeze on them, and frost can hold up longer but does pitiful damage. Nobody who's whining about mages in legion has even an inkling of what's broken.

WW monks are and have been "broken" for all of legion...and if you play one and lose to mages, just uninstall and go back to dota or whatever 3-button derper game you came from.

10+ Year Old Account
    (including original vanilla high warlord)
    Literally every class was high warlord/grand marshal viable... All it took was a premade and spamming Arathi Basin... Even Ret and Enh, who were considered garbage for the most part in Vanilla, got HWL and GM titles.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Expert View Post
    Are you really complaining about mages? Wow. Find something else to do. Fire and arcane mages explode if you sneeze on them, and frost can hold up longer but does pitiful damage. Nobody who's whining about mages in legion has even an inkling of what's broken.

WW monks are and have been "broken" for all of legion...and if you play one and lose to mages, just uninstall and go back to dota or whatever 3-button derper game you came from.
    Sigh, WW has indeed been very strong for all of legion until now, but if you think they didnt break mages in 7.1.5 you're delusional, and mages have been good since this games inception. Currently survival hunters, boomkins and misweaver monks are op as fuck, mages, locks and rets come right after that. I should think my experience speaks for itself, but i'll wait to hear yours first.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Literally every class was high warlord/grand marshal viable... All it took was a premade and spamming Arathi Basin... Even Ret and Enh, who were considered garbage for the most part in Vanilla, got HWL and GM titles.
    I only even included vanilla in case someone tried to call me out on what I was originally going to say, which was mages have been rank 1 viable forever. *insert someone saying "hey but mages have been around longer than arena!!!11!"*

10+ Year Old Account
    Wtf? When did I say I played a mage? Holy rant batman, you triggered?

Wtf? When did I say I played a mage? Holy rant batman, you triggered?
    As your most commented in class forum, I supposed mage was your class of choice, but maybe thats just the place you complain about them the most?

10+ Year Old Account
    As your most commented in class forum, I supposed mage was your class of choice, but maybe thats just the place you complain about them the most?
    Its really creepy that you are checking my post history. Welcome to my ignore list.

Haven't played a mage in several expacs.

Its really creepy that you are checking my post history. Welcome to my ignore list.

Haven't played a mage in several expacs.
    >fails to refute argument
    >puts on ignore list so wont have to argue stupid opinions ever again

Definitely regressive. You are part of the problem with humanity at the moment.

Sigh, WW has indeed been very strong for all of legion until now, but if you think they didnt break mages in 7.1.5 you're delusional, and mages have been good since this games inception. Currently survival hunters, boomkins and misweaver monks are op as fuck, mages, locks and rets come right after that. I should think my experience speaks for itself, but i'll wait to hear yours first.
    No, mages are not broken. They were buffed slightly, but none of the specs are particularly threatening as far as casters go. Mages lost cold snap, lost iceblock heal, their shields were effectively nerfed to the point of being useless. DH and WW are the only broken classes now. Other classes have issues that should be toned down, but WW and DH stand out as having class-wide tuning issues, where they're too good compared to similar classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Expert View Post
    No, mages are not broken. They were buffed slightly, but none of the specs are particularly threatening as far as casters go. Mages lost cold snap, lost iceblock heal, their shields were effectively nerfed to the point of being useless. DH and WW are the only broken classes now. Other classes have issues that should be toned down, but WW and DH stand out as having class-wide tuning issues, where they're too good compared to similar classes.
    dh and ww are the most broken ATM? i'd have believed you 2 months ago perhaps, but now? You dont get destroyed by lsd... oh wait you don't seem to do arena so your opinion comes from...? duels and random bgs? ok... in that case, you dont lose 1v1's to rets and survival hunters? OH, NO I GET IT! You play mage, the class that could beat every single class 1v1 in this game since the dawn of time, including rogues, but is now finally struggling vs 2 high mobility classes and you have decided you want your top spot back again. I understand, many times ive considered rerolling back to my mage for my arena titles, but DH is the class ive wanted to play since wc3, so im sticking with it. Also, the fact you can even go on record and say mages are not broken just shows your lack of experience even within your own class.

Go check cartoonz arcane mage 7.1.5 one shot guide if you want it explained in a 20 min video, but anyone who actually played a mage already knew that the patch brought 1 shot potential to arcane. The fact you didnt know that and say "they were buffed slightly" is actually hilarious, they were well known as the strongest caster on the patch release, they were just overshadowed by dh for 24 hrs. Class wide tuning issues... how about we talk about mages blinking during stuns from day 1, thats the definition of a class-wide tuning issue. Ice block heal was very little, and lol..... lost cold snap but got the 2 blocks baseline which since MoP has been the only thing its used for anyway. At least in cata and wotlk you would cold snap for double deep freeze+frostfire orb+icy veins+ring of frost+cone of cold, but that was ALL GONE by MoP, except for the double ice block which as i said is now baseline. Ice barrier has been useless since the beginning of cata, it was always a 10% shield except for the start of MoP when it got nerfed again anyway. Mage was my main and i defended them for 3 expansions but even I knew how broken they were while playing them, and everyone saw how OP arcane was in this patch. Now that was nerfed slightly, still very good and most RMP will run arcane, but at least fire and frost are still incredibly strong as per usual. The only caster you are weaker than is moonkin, in that they are broken and can kill your whole team faster than an affliction lock while one shotting your healer, while you can only one shot the healer.

7+ Year Old Account
    When is/did this change go live?

Did some 3s Wednesday, and idk ww didn't seem to big of an issue.
    It's really just how great they synergize with certain classes that makes them a pain.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Deleted
    Only a step closer to what ww monks should actually be, a template fix and changing karma they will get in line of what they should be.

Deleted
    If anyone thinks monk was broken, probably isn't higher than 1.7k, I could say it was good but not op at all. Every time I see a monk now, I know it's an easy win. They are pretty bad in comparison with scarier things like assa, feral and survival. I myself play uh dk and also used to play monk, but I find it 10x easier to get high rated with dk instead of windwalker, maybe because I am better at dk, but still monk isn't any hard too. You can clearly see that the devs are nerfing what the low rated players think is broken, it's always been like that and it also makes sense, bacause the majority of players aren't even 2k.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Ret in vanilla? That's interesting!

Deleted
    what the nerfs mean and what needs to be done now:

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17612491605

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    i play sv/uh/ele and i think ww needed the change. keep the salt coming as they say.