Deleted

What am I doing wrong? Warcraftlogs.

Hello.
    I was hoping someone might be able to see why I am ranking so low.

WarcraftlogsDOTcom
    /reports/ZnMAfBvmk41tHjpb#fight
    =29&view=rankings

Theres a few fights there.
    I sim over 600k, and I did have alot of movement due to adds in the back but still, feels low.

Any input is appriciated.

/Skyligh-Melinoè

Well, you missed a pretty big chunk of damage on the pull, as I'm not seeing a cast of nemesis or the debuff appearing on the boss. Assuming you missed it, thats an extra 15 million damage you would have done just in the first minute of the fight. You also missed a huge chunk of damage by not prepotting. Potion of the old wars are expensive, but really really worth it on a big burst single target pull with bloodlust up.

During your second meta, you used a potion of prolonged power about 10s after you popped meta as well. With two casts of metamorphosis, you have 60 total seconds of meta uptime in the fight. You had a suboptimal potion active for 20 of those seconds. If you're using oldwars (which you should be) you should have potions active for ~48s (assuming you prepot on the pull). You can have prolonged powers running for 100% of your meta uptime if you dont have the gold to spend on oldwars, but recognize your logs will be significantly worse than the people who spring for oldwars. You'll get another 6-8million out of using oldwars over no potion/prolonged power.

You also cast nemesis 7 seconds into your second meta for some reason - I highly recommend using nemesis before you even cast meta, so theres no wasted time. That means you had 7 total deathsweeps in the whole fight that were unbuffed by nemesis, so tack on another 25% damage to those and its a pretty significant chunk. You also had a whopping 25 annhilations cast without nemesis (although some of those were in the first set and we already accounted for that lost damage.

Basically, rotationally I'm not seeing you do anything super dumb, but DH's entire damage comes out of their burst and you misplayed some pretty major cooldowns that dropped your dps significantly.

Make sure you cast nemesis before you cast meta or chaos blades. Even macroing nem/CB together is fine, just make sure you have 100% uptime on nemesis while in meta. Potions will help you enormously as well.

See where that takes you and we can go from there.

Deleted
    I popped nemesis as the first thing in the fight, but I can see I forgot the pot. ^^

Thanks for having a look. I'll see if I can do better next time, based on advice!

Ah yep so I see, just didn't look at the bosses debuffs correctly, must have done it as the fight started so WCL didn't register it as the first cast for you or something. Either way, looks like the third one still went south. I also find the boss does bridge breaking slam at about 4:10 if I remember correctly, and since you're not going to get another use of nemesis or chaos blades even if you pop at exactly 4 minutes (boss has a hard enrage that wipes the raid at 6), you probably lost some dps having to gtfo of the slam and sitting there afk while he was moving. I'd wait till 4:30 for that slam/movement to be finished before you pop your final cooldowns, unless the boss is gonna die within that time.

I would ditch those bracers for another legendary, ASAP. I'm guessing you're wearing them because you don't have anything better? Getting a different legendary is going to do wonders for you. Are you running Bloodlet because you have the bracers, or are you still sticking to First Blood? First Blood contributes a *ton* of our damage; Death Sweep during Meta is our hardest-hitting ability, but without Bloodlet a large portion of the damage the bracers contribute is wasted. It's tough, because without Bloodlet the bracers are even more "meh", but without First Blood you're losing a ton of your ST damage.

If you don't have another legendary I'm assuming that for primarily ST fights you're sticking with First Blood and basically using the bracers simply for the stats, and are potentially swapping to Bloodlet for fights like Botanist?

Deleted
    Yeah its because I didn't have a 3rd legendary. Which I do now but got the headpiece so not really any ST improvement for that.

Nah asked around on DH discord and was adviced not to take bloodlet even with the bracers, so I didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyligy View Post
    Yeah its because I didn't have a 3rd legendary. Which I do now but got the headpiece so not really any ST improvement for that.

Nah asked around on DH discord and was adviced not to take bloodlet even with the bracers, so I didn't.
    You only want to take Bloodlet with the bracers if you can have ~3 target cleave up for most of the fight. If you're going to run with the bracers either way, using Bloodlet on a fight like Botanist should be a DPS increase over First Blood, moreso depending on how quickly you get to multiple sustained targets (when the boss splits). If you have a fight with 3 targets up the entire time, Bloodlet+Bracers should almost always do more than First Blood over the course of the encounter.