Thread: Bears in PvP

10+ Year Old Account

Bears in PvP

Who the hell is playing bear in PvP? I have seen number of them but the problem is...they are only good for flag carry (not best at it either). Outside of flag carry they do no damage and the only thing they do is interrupt and...just exist? I mean if you want to be a tank in pvp be warrior or paladin.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tanks in PvP are the same thing they've been for years, something people play because they die too much as a DPS and can't deal with it. There is generally no point in playing them at all.

People who can bearely stay alive in PvP. Destroy them.

Quote Originally Posted by Comfort Zone View Post
    People who can bearely stay alive in PvP. Destroy them.
    I see what you did there

OT: Supatease played bear to 2700 mmr and I'm pretty sure he knows how to play as a regular dps. Could be wrong tho...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krassz View Post
    Tanks in PvP are the same thing they've been for years, something people play because they die too much as a DPS and can't deal with it. There is generally no point in playing them at all.
    There is also no point playing PvP in Legion. PvP is so broken that i really don't care any more what role should i play, am i useful or not. Who cares. The problem is that Tanks, with exception of protection warrior and maybe paladin, are so squishy ... For example on my WW Monk i have much better survivability then on BrM tanking spec lol. Plus i do waaay more dmg as WW. So BrM is not a tank any more, it's more like a lvl 108 dps spec joining lvl 110 PvP.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu View Post
    There is also no point playing PvP in Legion. PvP is so broken that i really don't care any more what role should i play, am i useful or not. Who cares. The problem is that Tanks, with exception of protection warrior and maybe paladin, are so squishy ... For example on my WW Monk i have much better survivability then on BrM tanking spec lol. Plus i do waaay more dmg as WW. So BrM is not a tank any more, it's more like a lvl 108 dps spec joining lvl 110 PvP.
    It's true for brewmaster, that's it. Guardian isn't great, but it still functions as a tank.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    Who the hell is playing bear in PvP?
    I do and I'm having a blast because while I can't do any damage, I have an amazingly amount of crowd control that allows others to do the job. I can slow, I can stun, I can fear, I can knock people away and boost their HP by 15% by just standing there.

Plus knocking idiots down in EOTS with Overrun is hilarious.
    Last edited by mmoce1e4d9dec7; 2017-02-04 at 07:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    I see what you did there

OT: Supatease played bear to 2700 mmr and I'm pretty sure he knows how to play as a regular dps. Could be wrong tho...
    Probably with feral affinity, and yes he does know how to play his class unlike other druids.

The true terror of bear only appears in the free-for-all WQ pvp areas, where I happened to witness a 900 ilvl guardian druid with full pvp talents and a maxed out artifact weapon.

They should just give guardians a world boss portrait while in those zones, coz I saw one with 7-8M hp 1v5'ing without breaking a sweat. At some point people started avoiding said world boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    I do and I'm having a blast because while I can't do any damage, I have an amazingly amount of crowd control that allows others to do the job. I can slow, I can stun, I can fear, I can knock people away and boost their HP by 15% by just standing there.

Plus knocking idiots down in EOTS with Overrun is hilarious.
    lol EoTS flag is crazy with all the knockbacks now, but elemental is still king biggest knockback with thunderstorm and if you knock me? gust of wind back on thunderstorm you off, one game had 2 ele shamans each side, it was pure chaos.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    The true terror of bear only appears in the free-for-all WQ pvp areas, where I happened to witness a 900 ilvl guardian druid with full pvp talents and a maxed out artifact weapon.

They should just give guardians a world boss portrait while in those zones, coz I saw one with 7-8M hp 1v5'ing without breaking a sweat. At some point people started avoiding said world boss.
    i agree, except bearback brawl, with a mount allowing me to cast and move as elemental i just kite heal slow them into the dirt, perma cast and move completely counters tanks who just can't keep that godly uptime on you anymore, i beat a bear with 5m hp 3-0, he just got mad saying come 1v1 me without your mount i'd own you. i was like yup and that wouldn't be impressive everyone expects the bear to win everytime it's no surprise but you're the idiot who jumped me 3 times when i could cast and move, learn when you're overpowered and learn when you can't win it'll be less frustrating for you.

like when i attacked a prot warrior with 4.6m hp 4 times in black rook arena, i literally couldn't break his ignore pain from all the stuns interrupts reflects while he just spammed shield slam on me until i died, i gave up let him farm and did the quest after he was done.
    Last edited by Socialhealer; 2017-02-06 at 01:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    lol EoTS flag is crazy with all the knockbacks now, but elemental is still king biggest knockback with thunderstorm and if you knock me? gust of wind back on thunderstorm you off, one game had 2 ele shamans each side, it was pure chaos.

- - - Updated - - -

i agree, except bearback brawl, with a mount allowing me to cast and move as elemental i just kite heal slow them into the dirt, perma cast and move completely counters tanks who just can't keep that godly uptime on you anymore, i beat a bear with 5m hp 3-0, he just got mad saying come 1v1 me without your mount i'd own you. i was like yup and that wouldn't be impressive everyone expects the bear to win everytime it's no surprise but you're the idiot who jumped me 3 times when i could cast and move, learn when you're overpowered and learn when you can't win it'll be less frustrating for you.

like when i attacked a prot warrior with 4.6m hp 4 times in black rook arena, i literally couldn't break his ignore pain from all the stuns interrupts reflects while he just spammed shield slam on me until i died, i gave up let him farm and did the quest after he was done.
    Oh yeah, forgot about bearback.

You know the really broken spec on that particular pvp WQ is marksman, if they can get the flying drake that spawns at the edge , they'll be able to fly and use max range ( which outranges every other ranged class btw ), saw a MM killing people who couldn't even touch him, literally.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    Who the hell is playing bear in PvP? I have seen number of them but the problem is...they are only good for flag carry (not best at it either). Outside of flag carry they do no damage and the only thing they do is interrupt and...just exist? I mean if you want to be a tank in pvp be warrior or paladin.
    I guess you aren't to bright... or perhaps not up to date in PvP?
    2-3 weeks ago, guardian druids were insanely strong in 3v3 arenas with damage, control and being tanky. People skyrocketed in rating with tank druid.

Then it got nerfed, and got less popular. But guess what, they're fun as FK so people kept playing it The playstyle is really nice, even if they got nerfed.

There you have it.

Oh yeah, forgot about bearback.

You know the really broken spec on that particular pvp WQ is marksman, if they can get the flying drake that spawns at the edge , they'll be able to fly and use max range ( which outranges every other ranged class btw ), saw a MM killing people who couldn't even touch him, literally.
    yeh i do the same with the drake, sure some warlock is casting 900k chaos bolts at me, but i fly out of range heal for 650k a cast, go back 700k stormdrake special and nuke him down lol, best ones are dk's who grip you and pop CD's like wut? i'll just fly up again and you're done now use that dk mobility and run away!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    Yeah only second place at world championships - BAD!
    Who played Guardian at Blizzcon?
    Last edited by Krusza; 2017-02-06 at 12:27 PM.

Deleted
    I played Brewmaster Monk for a couple BGs, its absolute garbage in PvP. But it was the fastest way to unlock a recolour for the WW Hidden (Stormfists)

Fun fact: if you queue as Tank for a BG, you can freely change between tank/DPS specs before the match starts. So, you can be tank in BGs that require one, or change to DPS if needed.

Found it after some time queuing with my Paladin. I usually queued as tank, but felt underpowered in most BGs, then found I could change to DPS and vice-versa.

(BTW, Steed of Glory plus all talents that improve Divinde Steed makes tank paladin sooooo awesome as flag carriers. But outside of that prot paladins suck hard)

While not as good as bears, I do have lots of fun as prot Pally in FFA WQs. Most people jump at me thinking I'm an easy target, and it's so entertaining to see them flee in terror later.
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2017-02-06 at 02:31 PM.