Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    He will be so fucking annoying to kill, this is already becoming a nightmare

I guess my main question is what's his playmaking potential. Looking at this basic kit it seems he's an AOE Medic with a speed buff, which is rather boring. Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Kjalar View Post
    I guess my main question is what's his playmaking potential. Looking at this basic kit it seems he's an AOE Medic with a speed buff, which is rather boring. Am I missing something?
    You are. He can speed boost the entire team, give a giant shield to allies or slow to enemies, and has a knock back with a talented blind. His kit is literally all playmaking. What more do you want?
    Last edited by Fabray; 2017-02-04 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    Never seen or heard of this guy before in my life. So who's Lucio supposed to be?
    Short answer: Beyonce with a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabray View Post
    You are. He can speed boost the entire team, give a giant shield to allies or slow to enemies, and has a knock back with a talented blind. His kit is literally all playmaking. What more do you want?
    I think we have different understanding of what playmaking is. Shielding is not making plays in my book, it's just another healer stuff. Also, I think it's a terribly boring design for an ult: press a button, everyone gets a shield, hurray. /yawn

Malfurion can make plays by setting up kills and controlling the battlefield with his roots, Rehgar can do similar stuff, even Morales can now make plays with smart grenade detonations.

This guy has a slowing ult and a knockback. The ult looks really good, I agree.

As for his knockback, right now it looks like Morales' pre-buff grenade, when you couldn't control its detonation - it was probably the most boring active ability in the game. I mean, knockback can be a playmaking ability if it has some additional CC attached to it (Auriel) or if it can be used to knock people back to your team (Muradin, Falstad). However, usually this is not an easy task for a support, who rarely goes behind the enemy lines, so I'm skeptical about it. Maybe his ability to move around the battlefield quickly will make his knockback okay, we'll see.

Another thing that bothers me is that he doesn't have cleanse pre-20.

On the bright side, high mobility is usually fun, so maybe it will compensate for the other stuff I mentioned above.

Deleted
    I loved playing him in Overwatch, and was the next support I would hope we would get.
    Can't wait for this, so fun

Deleted
    I really, really don't care for Lucio. Utterly unrelatable and completely uninteresting.

Deleted
    I want the frog skin that is in Overwatch as well, please gief in bundle

Not sure how fun he's going to be. Seems like the OW heroes so far have been kinda boring to play in HOTS. (Imo)

I like them all in OW though.

Given how "MUST HAVE" Lucio has been throughout all of his nerfs in Overwatch even, I wouldn't be surprised if he sits in a similar situation in HotS.

Granted, no fun "Boop them into the neverending void" deaths.

Better have frog skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Kjalar View Post
    I think we have different understanding of what playmaking is. Shielding is not making plays in my book, it's just another healer stuff. Also, I think it's a terribly boring design for an ult: press a button, everyone gets a shield, hurray. /yawn

Malfurion can make plays by setting up kills and controlling the battlefield with his roots, Rehgar can do similar stuff, even Morales can now make plays with smart grenade detonations.

This guy has a slowing ult and a knockback. The ult looks really good, I agree.

As for his knockback, right now it looks like Morales' pre-buff grenade, when you couldn't control its detonation - it was probably the most boring active ability in the game. I mean, knockback can be a playmaking ability if it has some additional CC attached to it (Auriel) or if it can be used to knock people back to your team (Muradin, Falstad). However, usually this is not an easy task for a support, who rarely goes behind the enemy lines, so I'm skeptical about it. Maybe his ability to move around the battlefield quickly will make his knockback okay, we'll see.

Another thing that bothers me is that he doesn't have cleanse pre-20.

On the bright side, high mobility is usually fun, so maybe it will compensate for the other stuff I mentioned above.
    I get everything you're saying, but you ignored the biggest playmaking part of his kit. He can give a large speed boost to the entire team. I mean, the advantages of that in ganking comps could never be overstated. His speed boost is going to be 10x more valuable in this game than it is in his own. This dude could potentially impact the game in a major way.

On the one hand, I was kind of hoping that we were finally gonna be getting a Diablo or StarCraft character after the recent glut of WarCraft characters....

On the other hand, Lucio is one of my favorite characters from Overwatch, and it's already looking like he's gonna be tons of fun. Could easily become my go-to support in HotS, much like he is in Overwatch.

I suppose that might be my only other concern about his addition: becoming a little too "must have" in the meta, like he is currently in Overwatch....
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Quote Originally Posted by Fabray View Post
    I get everything you're saying, but you ignored the biggest playmaking part of his kit. He can give a large speed boost to the entire team. I mean, the advantages of that in ganking comps could never be overstated. His speed boost is going to be 10x more valuable in this game than it is in his own. This dude could potentially impact the game in a major way.
    I agree, it's totally possible. Guess I need to see how it plays out when he goes live.

Deleted
    Why do people care about the variety between universes in HotS? Personally I couldn't care less which universe each hero comes from, I care more about the role they play and the kit that they bring to the game based on the current meta. With the current domination of the support roles coming from Malfurion and Rehgar, it's about time they offer a strong aoe healer other than Brightwing, and this fits the bill perfectly. People who are complaining their favorite Diablo/Starcraft character isn't in the game are probably the people only playing 10 or so games a week just for the excitement of playing a character they know.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeng View Post
    Why do people care about the variety between universes in HotS? Personally I couldn't care less which universe each hero comes from, I care more about the role they play and the kit that they bring to the game based on the current meta. With the current domination of the support roles coming from Malfurion and Rehgar, it's about time they offer a strong aoe healer other than Brightwing, and this fits the bill perfectly. People who are complaining their favorite Diablo/Starcraft character isn't in the game are probably the people only playing 10 or so games a week just for the excitement of playing a character they know.
    And what exactly is wrong with that? People play this game for various reasons, some like the competitive aspects, other people enjoy blast of nostalgia of playing heroes they know from older games.

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    Never seen or heard of this guy before in my life. So who's Lucio supposed to be?
    https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/heroes/lucio/

Overwatch heroes simply do not fit Heroes of the storm :/ Now we have a guy from Brazil who likes music against demons, zerg, orcs, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Igi View Post
    Overwatch heroes simply do not fit Heroes of the storm :/ Now we have a guy from Brazil who likes music against demons, zerg, orcs, etc...
    And a female panda child that throws tea to people.

Quote Originally Posted by Igi View Post
    Yeah, you're right, he's so out of place next to the little girl panda who heals with herbal tea, or the tauren rockstar, or the cute little baby fishman, or Olaf the fat viking...