Deleted

Feral druid still good?

I remember back in WoD (sorry for saying that) I was kicking everybody's butts and would 1v1 everybody but is it still good? I want to lv a pvp char and debating between druid or paladin (is ret paladin good in pvp?)

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedion View Post
    I remember back in WoD (sorry for saying that) I was kicking everybody's butts and would 1v1 everybody but is it still good? I want to lv a pvp char and debating between druid or paladin (is ret paladin good in pvp?)
    Since you're talking about 1v1s, it's not nearly as good as it was in duels during WoD. It's still decent, just not as faceroll as it was in WoD to pretty much kill anyone 1v1. Certain things like ret/assass should kill you easily if they don't have downs (outside of instanced PvP, that is)

Arena wise it has a couple of top-tier comps, so it's still good there. You'll find that it's quite a different playstyle to what you were used to in WoD, though. The loss of cyclone made me feel a bit gimped in terms of utility/CC, but hopefully they're sticking to their plan of "adding abilities back".
    Last edited by Krusza; 2017-02-04 at 02:04 PM.

You're not going to 1v1 anything in duels in Legion, because there are no templates. Whatever kills fastest wins, and Feral DPS is comparative to most other dps specs very slow.

You can potentially have good time in arena if you like mindlessly spamming damage with almost no CC. Feral's better than Ret in arena for sure atm.

Deleted
    Yea kitty's are still best

Quote Originally Posted by RelaZ View Post
    You're not going to 1v1 anything in duels in Legion, because there are no templates. Whatever kills fastest wins, and Feral DPS is comparative to most other dps specs very slow.

You can potentially have good time in arena if you like mindlessly spamming damage with almost no CC. Feral's better than Ret in arena for sure atm.
    Hope you're only talking about damage cause ret's utility is so far apart it's practically on a different planet.

1vs1?

Just play a tank?

I suggest either bear because you got stealth and affinities or DH who got great mobility along with spectral sight to spot those rogues. Actually if you spot a rogue in wpvp you better be a tank or hope he is outgeared or does not have utility legs, like will of valeera.

Best time to try that new legion class though, because its powerful and blizz had no time to prune its abilities, yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    In duels, no. Because Feral depends on applying DoTs for damage which takes time to do. By the time you put up your 3 DoTs you'll already be on your knees from a burst damage class.

In instanced PvP where everyone's damage is nerfed they are a lot better although still not at the top. I'd say in arena they are like a nerfed Rogue right now. If you're going to play Feral might as well go Rogue and be a better Feral...

For Druids, I suggest Balance for PvP damage. They are pretty good right now.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    In duels, no. Because Feral depends on applying DoTs for damage which takes time to do. By the time you put up your 3 DoTs you'll already be on your knees from a burst damage class.

In instanced PvP where everyone's damage is nerfed they are a lot better although still not at the top. I'd say in arena they are like a nerfed Rogue right now. If you're going to play Feral might as well go Rogue and be a better Feral...

For Druids, I suggest Balance for PvP damage. They are pretty good right now.
    Not really true, you just have to talent differently for 1v1s.

Elune's Guidance works wonders for that, especially. I'm still able to 1v2 people on an equal footing as feral (although it's a lot harder than it was in WoD).

Don't do 1v1 out in the world, at least until Blizz tones down the damage.

I don't know how much it takes to find a wargame to 1v1, but some of the top players do that and it's pretty fun to watch.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u8rHyldEwY

But to answer your question, in 1v1 Feral is pretty good if you play it right just because of the bleed damage, mobility, shield wall, ability to run away and heal if you're in danger, etc. Against melee you just have to play Feral like it was in MoP instead of the faceroll version in WoD.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    Hope you're only talking about damage cause ret's utility is so far apart it's practically on a different planet.
    No, Ferals are better overall in arenas than Ret atm.

There are more good Feral comps than Ret comps and the best Feral comps are better than the best ret comps.

Played a few arenas last night with feral.

Really enjoyed it to be honest.

You get a strong opener and you get more vulnerable classes down to 75% with a good 5 point combo and load them up with bleeds.