Deleted

What trinkets to use?

I have a 890 Entwined Elemental Foci
    A 895 Draught of Souls
    And a 880 Bloodthirsty Instinct

Entwined + BI sims 2k dps higher than BI and Draught, and Entwined + Draught sims 6k less th an Entwined + BI, but Draught can sometimes do like 13mil dmg, so im not really sure what to think?

This is my armory:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Sheeya/simple

This was linked in the other trinket thread. It may be useful.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets..._047I/pubhtml#

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    This was linked in the other trinket thread. It may be useful.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets..._047I/pubhtml#
    ah yea I forgot to mention, I was looking at that spreadsheet, and according to the spreadsheet Draught should be better than both my trinkets even at equal ilevel, and it's got +5 i levels and +15 ilevels over my other trinkets. But in simcraft it's simming less than both my trinkets, my Bloodthirsty Instinct is simming way ahead of both.

Deleted
    Is that spreadsheet truly accurate in the sense that CoF with extra meta is still only marginally better than a crit statstick with equal itemlevel? Really disappointing if that is the case.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cydas View Post
    Is that spreadsheet truly accurate in the sense that CoF with extra meta is still only marginally better than a crit statstick with equal itemlevel? Really disappointing if that is the case.
    I think that's only if you get an extra meta in a raid fight of minimum length. That means you'd have to pop meta on CD and ignore synching it up with ur other CDs. I think its much better when u can get it down to a 2min cd.

Deleted
    Draught of Souls and BTI should be your best option.. To get an accurate sim, you should input the new APL from the DH discord (It uses DoS at the right times instead of just on CD, which means you dont use it during your first 3sec of meta).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okenaos View Post
    Draught of Souls and BTI should be your best option.. To get an accurate sim, you should input the new APL from the DH discord (It uses DoS at the right times instead of just on CD, which means you dont use it during your first 3sec of meta).
    Got a question, I'm actually in a very similar situation to the OP. I have an 890 memento and 880 BI, and just got an 895 draught. I see the google doc says to use BTI/Draught, but the instructions on when to use it differ from yours. It only says to use it on CD during meta, >30 sec Nem and while blade dance is on CD.

Assuming you meant to use their rotation, does that mean we should never use it outside of those parameters? (no meta/nem?)

Lastly I browsed through the DH discord but I'm not very familiar with it. Where is this APL?

Thanks for all help
    Kil'Jaeden - US

Thanks to Lilliputia for the amazing signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Venteus View Post
    Got a question, I'm actually in a very similar situation to the OP. I have an 890 memento and 880 BI, and just got an 895 draught. I see the google doc says to use BTI/Draught, but the instructions on when to use it differ from yours. It only says to use it on CD during meta, >30 sec Nem and while blade dance is on CD.

Assuming you meant to use their rotation, does that mean we should never use it outside of those parameters? (no meta/nem?)

Lastly I browsed through the DH discord but I'm not very familiar with it. Where is this APL?

Thanks for all help
    It says to use it when NOT in Meta.

Basically, all you need to remember is this: Meta does nothing to increase the damage of Draught, so using it during Meta is a DPS loss as you could be instead doing something Meta DOES increase the damage of. Nemesis and Chaos Blades DO increase its damage, so using it during them (specifically Nemesis as its a pretty long uptime) is always beneficial. It says not to use it if Blade Dance will be up in three seconds because using Blade Dance immediately when its available is needed for Max DPS; As the Draught takes 3 seconds to cast, if Blade Dance were to be up in two seconds you would be wasting time while it's available (Blade Dance would be sitting there unused for 1 second).

The best time to use a Draught is right after you've used Blade Dance, when Nemesis is up, and Meta is not. It will take a little bit of practice since Draught has an odd CD (instead of being a flat 1 or 2 minute interval, like our CDs are), but give it a few days and you'll get a feel of the best time to use it.

Don't try to simply memorize conditions ie "use when this is up, dont use when this is up". Instead, genuinely learn how it interacts with other abilities and understand why you would/would not want it at those times. That way you will intuitively know the best times to pop it rather than only doing so because you "think" it's a good time.