should I go with whatever simcraft say ?

I am a bit confused.

I got Draught of Souls at 895+socket and yet sim-craft still say my 880 Bloodthirsty Instinct do more dps

third is a 910 Convergence of Fates so according to sim BtI + CoS is the best combo

I see the spread sheet where DoS is better then BtI

should i trust Simcraft no matter what or ?

Pretty sure the spreadhseet was made with Simcraft. It's probably your current stat distribution/other items. Hard to tell without armory (I wouldn't be able to tell but others might).

Deleted
    So, what SimCraft does, is that it uses Draught of Souls (DoS) on CD.. That isn't how it's meant to be used. You should use it at the last 3 sec of your meta, then together with Nemesis + CB, then just before your second meta and then when it is off CD again. There is a new APL somewhere on the forum which makes SimCraft do that, and that is why it is listed so high on the trinket list.
    Regarding your Convergence.. That is only "usefull" if it means that you get an extra meta during a fight. It approximately procs 3 times a minut (15sec reduction every minut), which makes your meta a 3min 15sec CD. So it is only usefull if you know the fight will be between 6min 30sec - 7min 30sec because you will "gain" one extra meta opposed to not having the trinket equipped.
    Besides, CoF works best if you also have the legendary shoulders and 1 meta CDR relic, because meta then will be a 2min CD which lines perfectly with your nemsis and CB cooldowns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okenaos View Post
    So, what SimCraft does, is that it uses Draught of Souls (DoS) on CD.. That isn't how it's meant to be used. You should use it at the last 3 sec of your meta, then together with Nemesis + CB, then just before your second meta and then when it is off CD again. There is a new APL somewhere on the forum which makes SimCraft do that, and that is why it is listed so high on the trinket list.
    Regarding your Convergence.. That is only "usefull" if it means that you get an extra meta during a fight. It approximately procs 3 times a minut (15sec reduction every minut), which makes your meta a 3min 15sec CD. So it is only usefull if you know the fight will be between 6min 30sec - 7min 30sec because you will "gain" one extra meta opposed to not having the trinket equipped.
    Besides, CoF works best if you also have the legendary shoulders and 1 meta CDR relic, because meta then will be a 2min CD which lines perfectly with your nemsis and CB cooldowns.
    Could you clarify on what you mean by just before second meta? It might be because the OP has CoF but for us regulars my CDs line up to be:

1. Meta + CB + Nem (Use draught last 3 sec of meta)
    2. CB + Nem (use draught at start)
    3. Meta + Cb + Nem

Should I save the third draught for when that line of CDS is back up? Or you're saying I should use it before that with no CDs up?
    Kil'Jaeden - US

Thanks to Lilliputia for the amazing signature!

Also, do you have that new APL please? Or is it already in? Simcraft shows me a 20k dps loss with a 885 DoS over a 875 BTI

Draught has to be 900 to outright be better on that graph, so it is entirely possible based on your stats that your bti is better

Quote Originally Posted by Venteus View Post
    Could you clarify on what you mean by just before second meta? It might be because the OP has CoF but for us regulars my CDs line up to be:

1. Meta + CB + Nem (Use draught last 3 sec of meta)
    2. CB + Nem (use draught at start)
    3. Meta + Cb + Nem

Should I save the third draught for when that line of CDS is back up? Or you're saying I should use it before that with no CDs up?
    I disagree with #1. You don't want to use Draught during Meta if you can help it; Meta does nothing to increase its damage and you are losing DPS by doing so. Along with this, you're waiting to use it this way when the Draught's cooldown should be ticking away ASAP. On the pull, if you're determined to use Draught, it should be more like:

1. Engage with Nemesis, pop Chaos Blades -- use Draught of Souls -- Immediately Meta when Draught finishes, begin standard rotation.

Chaos Blades and Nemesis increase all damage you do, so it's worthwhile to use Draught with them. Meta simply grants haste, leech, and transforms Chaos Strike and Blade Dance; it does absolutely nothing to Draught of Souls.

Is there a place with reference to updated ed pawn stats?

Quote Originally Posted by Danimal112000 View Post
    Is there a place with reference to updated ed pawn stats?
    I don't know what "ED" is, I'm assuming just a typo from "updated".

There are no go-to stat weights. You need to run a sim on your character. Every time you change a SINGLE PIECE of gear, your stat weights will change. If you want real stat weights you need to generate them yourself via simcraft and load them into Pawn. If you need help doing this, let me know.

Lucky draught and lucky convergence and you're still clueless, stay classy, DHs.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    Lucky draught and lucky convergence and you're still clueless, stay classy, DHs.
    Convergence does nothing for us but mis-align our cooldowns until we can get Meta down to the two-minute mark, which takes more than CoF alone. Even if you want to use it regardless of that fact, it's entirely worthless unless a fight is long enough to give you an additional Meta, which is not every fight; this means having an alternative is important. Draught is pretty much on-par with a handful of other trinkets and is not an "automatic equip" like it is for Warriors, for example, when you have comparable alternatives.

There's no need to troll.

Actually, according to people in the know, you should hold the first use for the first meta to drop, so at 30sec mark, and second you want to delay until cb/nem comes up again. Third use it on cd and fourth comes after second meta and the cycle begins over again.

But then again, BTI is a really strong trinket so doubt any HC trinket in there will be better than it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets..._047I/pubhtml#

In the notes below the list you see the requirement

actions.cooldown+=/use_item,slot=trinket1,if=cooldown.nemesis.remains>30&!buff.metamorphosis.up&cooldown.blad e_dance.remains>3
    Kamatari - Endy - Liita

Quote Originally Posted by Kamatari View Post
    Actually, according to people in the know, you should hold the first use for the first meta to drop, so at 30sec mark, and second you want to delay until cb/nem comes up again. Third use it on cd and fourth comes after second meta and the cycle begins over again.

But then again, BTI is a really strong trinket so doubt any HC trinket in there will be better than it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets..._047I/pubhtml#

In the notes below the list you see the requirement

actions.cooldown+=/use_item,slot=trinket1,if=cooldown.nemesis.remains>30&!buff.metamorphosis.up&cooldown.blad e_dance.remains>3
    That seems weird to me. I mean I haven't researched it or been in the discord in a while myself so I'm not claiming it to be wrong or anything, but I've found it most beneficial to Nem/CB, trinket, then meta on opening.

I guess I can understand them wanting to not waste CB uptime while Meta is up, but even popping Nemesis, then trinket, then CB/Meta seems like it'd be better so the trinket is ticking all along? It just seems like losing 30 seconds on the trinket sucks, by the time you use it the first time the CD could almost be halfway up. I'll have to sim it a bit - I understand what they're saying but part of me thinks that there could be alternatives. I mean, this is the third time we've been given the optimal way to use it by now, so clearly things can be adjusted and changed.

I also have heavy Meta CD reduction but not quite enough for 2 minutes yet, so it's okay for me to delay my Meta to use the trinket first as my meta will still be up way, way sooner. If I had baseline meta (or it was down to 2 minutes exactly) it'd be different.