Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Any other class "like" a warrior?

I've maxed out my Warswords now, so I have more free time until 7.2 arrives and since I moved to a new realm for Legion, I have no alts to play and still have my level 100 boost to use. Was wondering if people have any other classes that play like a warrior, but not too technical with procs, dot management etc. Since Wrath I've messed around with most classes, but I know since then they've all been rehauled

No tanking or healing
    A hero of war, yeah that's what I'll be. And when I come home, they'll be damn proud of me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by phantomlink View Post
    I've maxed out my Warswords now, so I have more free time until 7.2 arrives and since I moved to a new realm for Legion, I have no alts to play and still have my level 100 boost to use. Was wondering if people have any other classes that play like a warrior, but not too technical with procs, dot management etc. Since Wrath I've messed around with most classes, but I know since then they've all been rehauled

No tanking or healing
    A retribution paladin is pretty much an arms warrior. So I mean, there's that.

Enhance Shaman. Iirc flame shock is ele only now. Don't think you gotta keep up with dots

Im pretty sure you try out boost before you finalize them now. Id suggest giving a few a whirl before locking it in. They did an amazing job with enhancement shamans this go around but they are pretty spamy once the procs start rolling and idk if you are too against that.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    Not even close, but I admit that the rotations are fairly similar. Their DPS cooldown is very important, they need the Judgment debuff up to deal maximum damage, and they need to manage Holy Power properly. Difference is that Ret is probably faster paced than Arms.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

Quote Originally Posted by phantomlink View Post

No tanking or healing
    I'd say play DH, ret or FDk. they're quite close to warriors in terms of playstyle.

Edit: Oh and survival hunters too.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    I can't say that I agree that Focus Rage Arms is anything like Legion's Ret.

Quote Originally Posted by Einchy View Post
    I can't say that I agree that Focus Rage Arms is anything like Legion's Ret.
    Judgement is just a more consistent CS, and you're building holy power to spend on your big dick ability within the debuff. It's a lot like arms building up damage to spend inside of Thier debuff, it's just not an rng nightmare. I get think it's a good comparison, ret plays how arms should.

Arms is consistent deeps, little like warrior I suppose.but you're best bet is to play on free boosts and try em all

I always thought WW Monk felt similar to a Warrior but with higher mobility (albeit less targeted). Full on rotation that really feels like you're beating your opponent down and they got some of Warriors best CC mechanics (Improved hamstring and Throwdown).

So somewhere between a Frost DK or a WW Monk?
    A hero of war, yeah that's what I'll be. And when I come home, they'll be damn proud of me

10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite alt has been my Havoc DH. So much swoosh

Deleted
    Havoc DH is pretty much like warrior, just with a purple rage bar. Build fury with autoattacks spend on big dick ability. Easy enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    DK's I mean they're so similar its criminal that they're even a separate class. DK's are just a slower version of Warriors but with more ranged and anti magic options.

Frost and Blood feel very Warriorish. Unholy not so much but its not anything far out of left field.

Quote Originally Posted by globezorz View Post
    Judgement is just a more consistent CS, and you're building holy power to spend on your big dick ability within the debuff. It's a lot like arms building up damage to spend inside of Thier debuff, it's just not an rng nightmare. I get think it's a good comparison, ret plays how arms should.
    Side note....is Ret actually fun now? I tried it at launch since I play a Holy Paladin, it had to be by far thee worst spec I've ever played in my entire life. Like literally no high points or anything exciting. I mean when Arms gets it's strings of procs with Battle Cry you go crazy, where as everything with Ret just felt bland.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    Side note....is Ret actually fun now? I tried it at launch since I play a Holy Paladin, it had to be by far thee worst spec I've ever played in my entire life. Like literally no high points or anything exciting. I mean when Arms gets it's strings of procs with Battle Cry you go crazy, where as everything with Ret just felt bland.
    Crusade can get you some Whomp moments with the increased haste / damage, but outside of that I find it pretty meh. Not as bad as it was in prepatch, you can also play DP which is (iirc) worse than crusade for pure ST damage but is way more reactive and imo fun to play. Really great for outdoor content / world pvp tho if that's what you're looking for in a reroll.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptnTorpedo View Post
    Crusade can get you some Whomp moments with the increased haste / damage, but outside of that I find it pretty meh. Not as bad as it was in prepatch, you can also play DP which is (iirc) worse than crusade for pure ST damage but is way more reactive and imo fun to play. Really great for outdoor content / world pvp tho if that's what you're looking for in a reroll.
    Don't plan on rerolling, it's more that I run around as Holy just shocking stuff. Which isn't bad unless I have to deal with a bunch of mobs. That's how much I hated Ret.

Deleted
    Maybe give it a try if you got some more gear than when you last tried it. Really changed the way I felt about it when I too was going aroud as shockadin. Also play Justicar's something with DP for outdoor content, should really be better than doing it as holy ahah.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    Its a bit better w/ the talent that resets blade of justice, but other than that the ret rotation is pretty static

Deleted
    My main is alliance warrior and my alt a horde warrior. Can't imagine not having a warrior as main but when it comes to alts I also got a DK and ret paladin.
    Personally I find the ret rotation a bit boring compared to my warrior and DK.
    Frost DK is mindless easy, and I do prefers unholy when I'm playing it. Frost however seems stronger.
    Ret is a bit like arms (window dps) but judgment got a much shorter CD but also can't proc like CS. Ret got some good utility like blessings and bubble that you need to manage - keeping your eyes on your team .. Personally that is a part of the turn-off for me.
    As DK you only have to look out for yourself- and perhaps throw out a combat rez when needed, but that's that.
    FDK got less buttons than UH, UH got dots stacks pets and stuff aka more to look after.

My advice would be to try both DK specs if you consider making one