Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

how casual friendly is legion?

played wow between cataclysm and mop. enjoyed raiding 2/3 times a week with a guild. however, real life obligations/working 70 to 90 hours a week forced me to step away

was wondering how long it would take to level from mop to whatever the cap is in legion now, and to catch up on some ilevel/artifact power (whatever the hell that is, i keep seeing it mentioned) to do some lfr/normal pugs. can only play maybe 1 to 2 hours tops at night after leaving work, and a few hours on sundays if nothing else has my attention

tyty

If you just focus on one character/spec, it's not too bad. If your focus is just on getting ready for LFR/normal pugs then that should be pretty manageable, probably not significantly different from any other time in the past. It's just when you start focusing on alts, offspecs, and trying to min/max with specific gear that Legion becomes incredibly unfriendly compared to other expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's fine. You'll get enough gear to easily do heroics, open world stuff, etc. without having to raid or do mythic 5s if you don't want to. Some of the zone stories are good, some less so but they're interesting enough the first time as is the Suramar storyline.

Ignore the min/max crap and get artifact power (a way to level your weapon, basically ) by doing the things you like to do vs grinding and it's a decent expansion. Like everything you'll hit a point where progression slows down and there's less new stuff to do, but then you just play less or take a break.

I play fairly casually and I have 2 chars over 880 and 1 over 871. Don't have a weekly raid on any of those 3 toons.

7+ Year Old Account
    EXTREAMLY there is way too much to do even for some hardcore players, you will fal behind, but as a casual that shouldent matter to you
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tuscar View Post
    played wow between cataclysm and mop. enjoyed raiding 2/3 times a week with a guild. however, real life obligations/working 70 to 90 hours a week forced me to step away

was wondering how long it would take to level from mop to whatever the cap is in legion now, and to catch up on some ilevel/artifact power (whatever the hell that is, i keep seeing it mentioned) to do some lfr/normal pugs. can only play maybe 1 to 2 hours tops at night after leaving work, and a few hours on sundays if nothing else has my attention

tyty
    Legion especially Is catoring to casuals, and the whole game has since Cataclysm. One of the reasons the subs are so low and WoW Is loosing It's essesne. But If you wanna casually get In, play and get some artifact power, do some world quests, yeah thats for you...

More hardcore playing would be Impossible, as the amount of stuff you'd need to grind to remain competative Is horrific. And you're already 5 months later since launch on grinding so you'd be less competative anyway. People who already began their grind since launch has the largest edge.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Deleted
    70-90 hours a week??
    Are you someones slave or something? No way I would work that much, even if they pay 1M $ a week.

To level reading quests and experiencing the story it'll probably take you around 10-15 hours depending on your speed. If you rush it you can go through it in 6-8 hours. If you plan on leveling through WoD without using the boost then you probably need to add another 4-8 hours or more depending if you're interested in the WoD storyline.

After that you can catchup on gear doing World Quests to 830-845 fairly quick... around a week. If you like to do heroics and regular mythics then it depends on your luck with drops and how much time you want to spend. Then you just have to look for a group clearing normal that wants to take you with that ilvl... if you have friends ask its probably better... normal is very very easy and EN is cleared in around 1 hour and 30 minutes. Nighthold usually takes 2 hours and 30 minutes (depending on the group obviously). You can always do LFR... lots of wings open to get gear.

About Artifact Power? Forget about it... you'll never catch up... like... never... playing casually its impossible, you'll have to grind thousands of order resources and spend days and days researching it... and after that grind millons and millons of it... do yourself a favor and just forget about it. Get what you can and spend on what you want but don't even think about catching up... its just not possible without your face melting through grinding. I'm lvl 44 and I mythic raid and some of my friends are 54 and I can't even bring myself to grind those millons of experience with 25 artifact knowledge.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    70-90 hours a week??
    Are you someones slave or something? No way I would work that much, even if they pay 1M $ a week.
    eh, restaurant hours suck, on average its 12 hours a day monday to friday, and saturdays really depends, i start between 3.30pm and 4.30pm, get ready for dinner service, and leave once we are done (finished at midnight last night for instance), but i have peaked at 16 hours 5 consecutive days, and 12 on a saturday (damn christmas week, tons of work)

Deleted
    Ever since late MoP early WoD I have been playing casual and I must say that Legion is the most casual friendly expansion so far this early into the game with all the catchup mechanics added to help with the artifact not to mention titanforged system.

I have 6 110's and I am slowly gearing them up with WQ's and random BG's and I just enjoy it all very much with the order hall campaigns and everything.

70-90 hours a week??
    Our state's governor said on minimum wage "If you can't live on 40 hours a week, work 80 hours".

But yeah, this expansion is really good for casual play. There's just so much you can do to improve you character(s) without stepping foot into an organized raid... so that if/when time allows you're not that much a liability to your friends' raid group.

It is very casual in the sense that eventually you can end up in what will feel like decent gear without actually raiding or pvping at a high level. Legendaries and random titanforged gear will give a perpetual sense of progression to even the most casual of players.

However, it is very time-consuming both in hours and in time-gates, at all levels of play. From the very casual to super hardcore there is a lot of shit to do and grind.

15+ Year Old Account
    70-90 hours a week??
    I worked 105 hours a week (pretty sure isn't legal) during MoP for oil companies doing concrete construction, and had my student loans (3 years worth) paid off in 5.5 months.

Aside from fucking up my back and a torn meniscus in my right knee, sometimes working crazy hours is worth it :P. MoP was casual-friendly so it didn't bother me that I wasn't in the regular raiding scene anymore :P.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tuscar View Post
    can only play maybe 1 to 2 hours tops at night after leaving work, and a few hours on sundays if nothing else has my attention
    There's no point even trying. There are people saying it's fine and not too bad but I'm the only one who's honest.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, it feel like casual paradise for me. Of course it is designed for people that play every few days, not for ones that want to hop in, check/grab new things and unsubscribe. Things like time gating and rotating world bosses/archeology quest/etc. is nice and refreshing for first group and frustrating for second.

7+ Year Old Account
    Focusing on 1 toon, and 1 spec on that toon, it's casual friendly to the max.

Otherwise, prepare to join Clan Neckbeard, They of the Pasty Skin, Him Who Dwelleth in the Basement.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Depends on your goals. Wanna have fun with some questing and enjoy your character? Sure u can do that. Casual PvP? works out nicely.

You want to raid and experience the high end content with good gear? nigh impossible.

If you have almost no time I recommend playing a single player rpg

As most have said, if you're just focusing on 1 toon (even with multiple specs) it is very friendly! WQ's, rep grinds, LFR, a very active mythic+ community (but be prepared to be rejected if your ilevel is low unless you're a tank/healer) makes it quite fun!

Deleted
    it really depends on what kind of goals you have and what kind of player you are
    like if you just wanna lfr you dont have to do anything but normal pugs? sometimes they have pretty steep requirements to join pugs and those with low requirements in my experience 95% of the time just suck and wont get anything done

so yea if you just wanna do some solo questing and eventually lfr go for it, after all with only a 1-2 hours you dont have time for anything else anyway

The two recent patches took it from "alts fucking suck" to "holy hell, alts are super duper easy", so work through that first toon - get friendly with the faction then move to another zone to work up friendly (you can hit your scouting table to pick a new zone) and then suramar at 110 just enough to get friendly (you really don't have to do much there at all, UNLESS you want flying... then just uninstall).
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================