Poll: Has the Rising Cost of the WoW Token made you unsub?

Page 1 of 29
... LastLast

Has the rise of the Wow Token price made you quit.

Let me be 100% clear this is not a I Quit thread.

As someone who has stayed subbed via WoW tokens since there release, The price rising has made me decide to quit. WoW is a good game and there is aspects I like and dislike about legion. But there is only a couple games I feel is worth a monthy sub and WoW isn't one of them. So I didn't mind spending my gold to get tokens and keep playing.

But now that you can convert your WoW tokens to Battle Net Balance (Im ok with this) the price is rising and is now well out of the range I am ok paying for. Due to this I will be ending my sub once my current token runs out.

Does anyone else feel the same way or does this not really effect you at all?

As it stands the current token price (as of this post) on the US Region is 76k and rising. Good chance when it mellows out it will be a bit over 100k. For me personally if its above 60k I won't be subbing.

This isn't a thread to debate WoW Token region prices or even me to be like (I'm quiting bla bla bla).

The main point of this thread is me asking the community on MMOC if the rising token prices in your region has gone up enough to make you unsub.

(If Tokens ever drop under 60k, Then I will be more then happy to resub).
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-02-07 at 03:26 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course not. the price of an item has nothing to do with the game itself, a game is entertainment and art (music, architecture), and between that and the token there's just no link

also in eu our wow economy is almost the same and we have to make double efforts to save money on sub, so even taking that into account doesn't change anything
    Last edited by Cæli; 2017-02-07 at 03:32 AM.

You're paying pixels for something concrete (access to the servers). It'll never be too expensive as far as I'm concerned.

Also, i'll just leave this here. https://wowtoken.info/
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

No. It may make it harder for me to pay for the sub if the price doesn't wane in 6 months, but it definitely hasn't made me QUIT.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Let me be 100% clear this is not a I Quit thread.

As someone who has stayed subbed via WoW tokens since there release, The price rising has made me decide to quit. WoW is a good game and there is aspects I like and dislike about legion. But there is only a couple games I feel is worth a monthy sub and WoW isn't one of them. So I didn't mind spending my gold to get tokens and keep playing.

But now that you can convert your WoW tokens to Battle Net Balance (Im ok with this) the price is rising and is now well out of the range I am ok paying for. Due to this I will be ending my sub once my current token runs out.

Does anyone else feel the same way or does this not really effect you at all?

As it stands the current token price (as of this post) on the US Region is 76k and rising. Good chance when it mellows out it will be a bit over 100k. For me personally if its above 60k I won't be subbing.

This isn't a thread to debate WoW Token region prices or even me to be like (I'm quiting bla bla bla).

The main point of this thread is me asking the community on MMOC if the rising token prices in your region has gone up enough to make you unsub.

(If Tokens ever drop under 60k, Then I will be more then happy to resub).
    Lol its far over 100k on EU servers atm.. cry me a river with your 50-70k

Quote Originally Posted by Kayzza View Post
    I guess you missed the part of my post where I said
    This isn't a thread to debate WoW Token region prices
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

That's not really the same.

Anymore, the cost of services seems to be favored towards the EU value instead of the US value.

Think that the large reason why it was released only to the US first is because it is far easier to implement and setup with out a lot of legality issues.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I prefer the increasing price, personally. I'm a seller, so the higher it goes, the better.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    I guess you missed the part of my post where I said
    Im not discussing region prices. We all play the same game, have the same opportunities to make gold. You have a very low token price, i dont see why you would quit ?

Im not discussing region prices. We all play the same game, have the same opportunities to make gold. You have a very low token price, i dont see why you would quit ?
    Explained it in the OP...

The rise of WoW token price will just get me more gold. Hope it goes even more soon.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    I prefer the increasing price, personally. I'm a seller, so the higher it goes, the better.
    I can totally understand that If I was still paying via $15 a month I would feel the same way lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    Considering how ridiculously easy it is to farm gold in Legion? LOL hell no. I get about 8000 gold/day just from my order halls.

Even if the tokens didn't exist I'd still stay subbed, but regardless the price is peanuts still.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I can totally understand that If I was still paying via $15 a month I would feel the same way lol.
    Granted... I have to watch it now like the stock market... Which the token doesn't have the convenient closing-time each day or automated sources and apps like the actual market does... >.<
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Why do people make polls and then give choices that completely break the point of the poll?

I haven't had a sub for months. I was holding off on resubbing. It was at 59k and I was waiting until it dropped a bit. It has no skyrocketed for obvious reasons so no, I won't be resubbing until the situation figures itself out.

I'm not poor by any means, but I just don't feel like paying 30k extra for no reason.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

Ive been trying to buy a token all day with zero sucess

I never played enough to earn enough gold to pay for tokens, I always pay $ for my sub, so no the token price has not affected me. I tried working towards a token, but it felt more like a job than a game at that point, so I just stopped. I have no issue paying a monthly sub when I feel the game provides me with entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    Granted... I have to watch it now like the stock market... Which the token doesn't have the convenient closing-time each day or automated sources and apps like the actual market does... >.<
    LOL sounds like a big ball of fun...

Well the price has hit 77k g and iam sore all over from kicking myself for not stocking up earlier!