Legendaries options

Hey guys. I got Moarg lately, so atm i'm confused what to pick for my builds.
    I had Raddon, Cinidaria and Anger so far.
    And now I'm not sure what to pick for my demonic M+.
    Is Moarg any good for it or should i continue using Anger + Raddon?
    I'd like to just sim it, but simc gives strange results lately.

Deleted
    Use raddons, that goes without saying.
    I would reccomend to take Cinidaria as the second leg - especially on hugher m+ as you literally bath in fury anyway. For ST/Bosses you can consider anger.

M+: Raddons and Anger, no doubt. Cinidaria loses value in trash packs very quickly, but might still be good in higher level ones.

For ST, switch to Anger + Cinidaria.

Thank you, guys.
    Is moarg still usefull for 3 targets cleave only?

With the legendaries you have, you can go ahead and leave Moarg in your bank and never look at it again.

10+ Year Old Account
    M+ go with raddons and anger, no doubt.
    Raids, go mostly with Anger and cinidaria, but you can swap out cinidaria for raddon's for some fights (Skorpyron for instance)

Deleted
    The problem with glaives is, that it delays your meta uptime. Didn't do sims, but it certainly fucks up your ST dmg.
    Aaand don't forget most fights have adds you can cheese with raddons. Even 2 adds can be enough for 100% meta uptime if your timing is good (arkway, the bats on the demon boss for example. Eyebeam and chaosnova can give you enough cd reduction. But that doesnt work with glaives either)

Test it for yourself, as there are no good sims around and never will be, because "timing" isn't a thing you can put in an excel sheet that easily -or at least no one will bother to do it without getting money for it )

Belt/Ring should be your go-to for raids in a normal build. In M+ as Demonic, I'd use wrists/helm with bloodlet. I know that during meta it takes away a GCD now and then, but Bloodlet's damage with wrists can be substantial.

The only other realistic alternative is ring/helm, but you really shouldn't be having too many Fury issues as Demonic.

Another determining factor is what your replacement items are for each slot. If the ring is a 40% upgrade over your non-legendary and the bracers are only a 3% upgrade over your non-legendary bracers, then that adds a lot in favor of the ring. If the ring and bracers are both about the same level of upgrade, I'd go with the bracers myself but you could get away with the ring.

It also matters what level of M+ you're doing. On a low level, definitely the ring - the adds on most trash packs won't really be up long enough for Bloodlet to do its work, and the bracers do literally nothing on single target bosses.

I think the bracers are the top legendary for heroic botanist. Probably pretty worthless for mythic botanist for anything other than padding though, since the bosses regain all their health when one of them dies ala paragons of the klaxxi.

But yeah, leave the bracers in your bank and dont waste bag space with em. If bloodlet ever goes back to 200% damage instead of 150%, they'll be worth breaking out again. Until then, RIP

Also, as death sweep is usually a solid 40% of my damage with first blood, usually hits for 1.2m damage on a 5.4s cd, I can't imagine wanting bloodlet>first blood in mythic +, but maybe I'm stupid? I'll test it out later and find out.
    Last edited by Killface1; 2017-02-07 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killface1 View Post
    I think the bracers are the top legendary for heroic botanist. Probably pretty worthless for mythic botanist for anything other than padding though, since the bosses regain all their health when one of them dies ala paragons of the klaxxi.

But yeah, leave the bracers in your bank and dont waste bag space with em. If bloodlet ever goes back to 200% damage instead of 150%, they'll be worth breaking out again. Until then, RIP

Also, as death sweep is usually a solid 40% of my damage with first blood, usually hits for 1.2m damage on a 5.4s cd, I can't imagine wanting bloodlet>first blood in mythic +, but maybe I'm stupid? I'll test it out later and find out.
    Death Sweep is a ton of damage, but the additional damage via First Blood is only to the primary target. The talent itself, looked at as a separate entity, only contributes any damage to one target. Bloodlet contributes damage to three, the second two being compounded by the bracers.

The more targets you have in a pack, the less First Blood contributes to overall damage done to it. The same can be said for Bloodlet; any targets after the first three aren't taking any more damage due to that talent. Even if you spread the DoT around, it doesn't matter because it's damage is additive.

Another thing that matters is uptime. If a pack is dying really fast, Bloodlet won't have time to do its full damage and the burst of a Blade Dance might be more beneficial. If a pack is up for a long time, while you'll also get to cast Blade Dance more often Bloodlet will also have time to tick its full damage. I wouldn't even compare the two if it weren't for the bracers. Think about how good baseline Bloodlet was pre-nerf; with the bracers equipped, it's doing significantly more damage than it was baseline before the nerf (with three targets ticking).

I just went and tested on the pack of 5 imps in our class hall.

Avg deathsweep cast, 2.81m, 400k to each off target (good for 1.6m damage, which doesn't seem negligible).

To give glaives the best possible light to be shone under, I wore legendary bracers and took momentum and bloodlet. I had momentum up for every throw glaive, used it on CD, and the avg hit was for 1.2m. Only way I see the bracers pulling ahead is for extended 3 target cleave, because even at 4 targets deathsweep/first blood pulls ahead.

Am I doing my testing wrong? Happy to test it a different way if theres a better way, but in my experience, avg mythic + pack size is 5-6 targets, and with the legendary helm I have an eyebeam up for each pack.

That also doesn't account for the fact that if you're running demonic, eyebeam is stacking to 15, hitting longer, and refunding fury, so the more eyebeams in aoe the better.

I got the Bracers to drop last night...yay -_- so i just wanted to verify a few things before raid tonight. Currently i am using the belt and boots. Running primarily the ST build and it's been working great. Since the nerf to bloodlet happen and the majority of fights in NH the adds die fast, the bracers seem useless. The belt offers consistent cleave damage on FR which is still used and high priority in our rotation, ST or Cleave. Throw glaive however has taken a back seat. I only use it when i am out of range or have nothing else to cast which is rare. Should i keep running the belt/boot combo or is there ever a case where using the bracers makes sense? This is raid or M+ settings.

Also, should i replace my TG relic? I am hoping for CS relic but i think even eyebeam will yield more value.

Quote Originally Posted by Restitution View Post
    I got the Bracers to drop last night...yay -_- so i just wanted to verify a few things before raid tonight. Currently i am using the belt and boots. Running primarily the ST build and it's been working great. Since the nerf to bloodlet happen and the majority of fights in NH the adds die fast, the bracers seem useless. The belt offers consistent cleave damage on FR which is still used and high priority in our rotation, ST or Cleave. Throw glaive however has taken a back seat. I only use it when i am out of range or have nothing else to cast which is rare. Should i keep running the belt/boot combo or is there ever a case where using the bracers makes sense? This is raid or M+ settings.

Also, should i replace my TG relic? I am hoping for CS relic but i think even eyebeam will yield more value.
    Fel Rush is not high priority in our rotation on ST. Both Throw Glaive and Fel Rush are generally used as filler when you don't have the Fury to do something better.

On a high number of grouped up adds, the boots can do well as there is no cap on the damage done. If you have 2-3 targets up for a substantial amount of time, the wrists+bloodlet will perform well. On genuine mass AOE, I'd go with boots. On ~3 target cleave, bracers.

Nothing is going to beat simming, though. Change the simcraft options to determine the number of targets you want to sim against, whether it's cleave or AOE, and see what it tells you. Run one with each legendary equipped and save the results. This is going to be the only way you can determine what is best for YOUR gear. We can tell you what would be best in most situations, but none of us can tell you what is PRECISELY best for you.

You should absolutely replace your Throw Glaive relic. I wouldn't want an Eye Beam relic either unless you are running Demonic quite often and don't care as much about raid performance. You shouldn't ever be using Eye Beam on single target and over the course of an entire NH run I'd say that a CS relic would contribute much more damage than an EB one. Aim for chaos strike crit damage, absolutely, or even Meta CD reduction if you want to go for a CoF/Shoulders build eventually.

When you pick your relics, try to look at what would contribute more damage over an entire raid rather than per-fight since relics aren't something you can swap on a per-fight basis. You might not have the best setup for each individual fight, but your goal should be the best setup for a majority of them.