Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fellow Resto Druids - Generic Stat Weights

Just want to get a scope on what other's are finding to work for them. Mainly for progression

Obviously with Leaf's WA program you are able to see real time whatever stats your play style is leaning towards at a given time. Personally for me when I'm running 5 man +'s my Mastery will literally sit on 1.000 with even intellect not staying as a 1.000. Mastery will always kick ass in mythic+, specially if you spec Germ. While raiding it tends to all even out with Crit and Haste moving past Mastery for myself. Which makes sense because we won't have 3+ hots any anyone nearly as much as when we are doing smaller runs.

I guess where my question comes down to is that are people just using a generic stat weight and rolling with it?
    It's all personal to a point, but wanted to get some other peoples weights they've been using.

Anyone running heavy mastery in raids? (Gemming / enchants all Mastery)

Anyone running heavy Crit in raids? (gemming / enchants all Crit)

What's your thoughts so far if so, Currently I run haste heavy but I may try gemming and enchanting crit tonight to see how it plays out in the raid.

If I every feel like pounding mythic+'s for a week I will dump every gem and enchant into mastery but obviously that get's expensive always switching between progression raid and high mythics. I can still heal them but why work harder? lol

Just some food for thought, and see where others are at.

From a fellow Tree

EDIT: I am currently 888ilvl pushing heroic content if you want a point to compare
    Last edited by Trickss; 2017-02-07 at 03:28 PM.

I truly feel that our statweights change depending on what we are doing content wise, what damage is going out, as well as chosen talents.
    Keep notes with the content, your current, talents and stat weights given by Leaf's WA, and from there you can compare what weights to expect going into content moving forward.

My crit tends to be the highest in my raid gear but I try to keep a balance. For M+ I do try to stack quite a bit of mastery without sacrificing too much haste.

It does get expensive changing gems/enchants often but I wouldn't worry about it too much until you figure out what works for you.

Giving you my statweights and expecting them to work for you doesn't seem right, different gear, different trinkets, playstyle, content. Too many factors to consider.

Its likely not worth re-gemming and enchanting everytime you swap between raiding and mythic +.

Your best bet is to just have 2 sets of gear. One for mythic+ one for raiding. (It doesn't even need to be a full gear set - just swapping out some jewelry or some other few slots is enough to change ur secondary stats around to help the content ur doing.) - Just pic 1 set to be your "main" and build alternative pieces to swap in when you can.

Completely agree, and that's exactly what I do!

Totally agree with both of you, guess I was speaking more generalities like for example Zeru saying his crit tends to be highest on his raid set and I'd assume he doesn't have a problem with it otherwise he'd move it to another stat. I like that rdruid has many different paths to go down though.

The swapping gems / enchants isn't something I do often but more just something I've done to see how far it goes in mythic+ or if I know I'm just gonna be spamming high level ones all week.

Going to try to dump some of my haste for crit in tonight's raid, usually I'm sitting at 26% haste or a little more where my gear is at now.

I got mastery higher than the other two mainly because my main focus has been M+, my issue is that I have problems doing burst healing in M+ higher than 14-17, my current equipped ilvl is 896 but i got only 1 set piece and no ring( my legs are prydaz neck and tranquil boots) and I can't figure out if a shitft in stats could improve that.
    If dpsers don't do their job moving from stuff and interupting critical casts i find myself often with 2-3 dpsers at 5-15% health all of sudden and apart from spamming hots on everyone/tranqulity or WG+ artefact weapon if those are on cd i have to decide who lives or dies. Sorry going a bit off-topic, think high M+ is very unforgiving while ina raid you pretty much can predict damage income due to knowing the mechanics so it's easier to setup are react to that.

Deleted
    I've stopped doing mythic and gone down do only heroic in a rather small raid size, 10-14 people. We're currently "progressing" on Gul'dan. The weakaura tells me mastery is king, peaking at 1.00 with crit/haste being around 0.75/0.85 depending on how much I dps. I'm currently gemming/enchanting/food for mastery.

Got to two heal/solo heal most of last week raid so I think I got some pretty decent numbers out of the weakaura. I've gone through tortys spreadsheet and checked my average hot/person from the previous raids (I aim somewhere around 1.4-1.8) and the spreadsheet tells me to get more haste. So that's what I will be trying out for tonights raid. Will update what my % for each stat was/is when I get home.
    Last edited by mmoc1ec8e0a79f; 2017-02-08 at 03:22 PM.

I'm going mastery heavy even on raids.
    The throughput with tearstone and 2pcT19 feels dirty whe n your co healers go oom or get killed.

It even feels more unfair when in progress all healers go.basically oom but ur skada keeps pumping and pumping...

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    I'm going mastery heavy even on raids.
    Raid size is a big factor for that. Mastery is going to do a lot more in a ten man raid than one with 20+ people. There's probably some breakpoint for haste vs mastery based on raid size.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    Raid size is a big factor for that. Mastery is going to do a lot more in a ten man raid than one with 20+ people. There's probably some breakpoint for haste vs mastery based on raid size.
    In Raids:
    From a HpCT or HpS view haste will be stronger than mastery in any realistic scenario, as long as you use it to it's to it's full potential. If you look at HpM it will be clearly inferior to mastery(and Crit/Vers) in such scenarios.
    So if you don't go oom, you can push haste. If you oom push mastery (or crit/vers). But remember: every stat has it's niche where it's better than the rest.
    Mastery: single targets need a lot of healing.
    Crit: high output on raid healing
    Vers: better raid healing than mastery on bigger groups but not as high as crit. But helps you survive with it's dam reduce.

M+ is a special case. In most cases you can't go oom, but mastery is quite strong because of all the hot stacking. So stack haste til you are comfortable with the cast speed and then stack mastery.

Looking at drullenerf, a korean dude and a couple more raking top parses all around nh, i assume mastery haste builds are f* performing well.

Also, tearstone and set bonuses make it easy to reach the magical 1.44(iirc) hots per target much, much easier.

Btw looking at wcl, r.druids can really work their way to the top percentiles with many, many different builds and equip;which remind me once more this is the best,or close to it, xpac we ever had. Our versatility is sky high.

Edit: checking on a dozen of guys in wcl and most of them have high value of mastery.
    I quite like the mastery=haste stat weights, i'll stick to it for the time being.
    Last edited by Purpleisbetter; 2017-02-09 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    Edit: checking on a dozen of guys in wcl and most of them have high value of mastery.
    If you want to know what they're stacking, look at enchants rather than stat totals. There's a lot of gear that just happens to come with mastery, like the artifact, Tearstone, and half of the set pieces.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    If you want to know what they're stacking, look at enchants rather than stat totals. There's a lot of gear that just happens to come with mastery, like the artifact, Tearstone, and half of the set pieces.
    Enchants and gems are not good indicator as it's quite normal in this expac, to swap them in order to keep stats balanced or tuned to one's tastes.

Btw, my point was that the haste is the king-stat hps wise with no contest isn't really true. Actually, that's not true at all.

Mythic raider

I'm currently at 26 crit 25 haste and 15 mastery.

I have Flask (Haste trinket) and Map, running 2piece (have 4 but not exactly the iL stats that I want but that offers almost 7-10% extra healing, so will be using) and using Spring Blossoms and Wild Growth more than ever as mastery seems really strong for Nighthold.

I'm loving it. When map trinket procs mastery and I wildgrowth, I have 27-28% mastery which is a shit ton. Logs have been really good with easily topping the meters.

And i still have the stats to do a rejuv blanket on top of all of that.

Hey,

Im usually the "stack haste until 50% since I want to be GCD-capped"-kind-of-guy, but recently I completely changed my mind on that. Don't get me wrong Haste is still king, especially until you hit the breakpoint for the 4p bonus (which is 33,34% haste if you don't have a Persistence relic, and 26,32% if you have one) but afterwards mastery gets really good. I choose to play with CW/Cult/germ/flourish (with 4p and tearstone+bracers) and my mastery value gets INSANE. You always have 4+ hots on the tank running and usually 2-3 hots on any target that takes high damage. Since I changed that I get a whooping ~12% MORE healing from the 4p alone and around 5-7% on average from tearstone. You could get another 5-7% from bracers if you would play it perfectly which apparently I do not. Germination can get to 10-12% of your healing without doublehotting if you have good 4p and tearstone proccs which outvalues springblossums, of course this is somewhat fight-dependent. All of THIS is mythic-only relevent, don't try this in your normal or heroric raids it won't work, especially with the typical 4-5 healers your mastery build will not surpass a haste/crit build.

EDIT: I have 16,23% Crit; 29,06% haste and 17,33% mastery... Im still using Drape of Shame which favors crit (get around 1,3% extrahealing from the cloaks effect)

Cheers
    RestoSpirit
    Last edited by RestoSpirit; 2017-02-10 at 07:02 PM.

It can work on nhc/heroic, because raids there are often smaller. In our raid (raidsize in most cases around 15 players) germination is around 10-14% of my healing.But in heavy stacked fights spring blossom is as high too.
    I'm kind of scepitical that you get 12% more healing from 4p alone. Haven't seen any log (so it's a pain to get a good guess at the proccs in them) or player epxerience that would back up such high numbers.
    Last edited by Grenor; 2017-02-10 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grenor View Post
    It can work on nhc/heroic, because raids there are often smaller. In our raid (raidsize in most cases around 15 players) germination is around 10-14% of my healing.But in heavy stacked fights spring blossom is as high too.
    I'm kind of scepitical that you get 12% more healing from 4p alone. Haven't seen any log (so it's a pain to get a good guess at the proccs in them) or player epxerience that would back up such high numbers.
    https://druid-legendary-analyser.her...ARbT9D&fight=7

With this tool you can analyze how much you got from your legendaries/setboni. This link should contain our Skorpyron-kill, as you can see I get a lot of value from the 4p.

Edit: Here is the original log for reference, I think I played the fight very poorly so there is room for even more 4p value:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...l&type=healing

Cheers
    RestoSpirit
    Last edited by RestoSpirit; 2017-02-11 at 05:11 AM.

You've got 40% of your healing from Reju+Germ and 14% are only from 4pc? That would be 35% of your Reju+Germ healing. This looks a bit unrealistic. Dunno how the page analyses the log, but I can't really believe that.

Quote Originally Posted by RestoSpirit View Post
    https://druid-legendary-analyser.her...ARbT9D&fight=7

With this tool you can analyze how much you got from your legendaries/setboni. This link should contain our Skorpyron-kill, as you can see I get a lot of value from the 4p.

Edit: Here is the original log for reference, I think I played the fight very poorly so there is room for even more 4p value:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...l&type=healing

Cheers
    RestoSpirit
    Spring blossom would net you almost as much healing as Germination without costing any mana. It's not really hard to parse high with 4 external boomkin innervates even with subpar talents, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Grenor View Post
    You've got 40% of your healing from Reju+Germ and 14% are only from 4pc? That would be 35% of your Reju+Germ healing. This looks a bit unrealistic. Dunno how the page analyses the log, but I can't really believe that.
    Well first you did not factor in the healing from tearstone in your calculation and the 14% is from ALL healing I do in the fight not just from reju+germ but yeah the tool could be wrong, I don't have the patience to go through every log and count how many times I casted Reju and how many rejus I actually got in the fight. Then you would need to average the healing of one reju (depends on WG-use and many other factors) and see how many extrahealing you got (that would be from 4p and tearstone combined). Feel free to try the tool with one of your logs and calculate it by yourself and compare the two, let me know if the tool is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by fallenangel-succ View Post
    Spring blossom would net you almost as much healing as Germination without costing any mana. It's not really hard to parse high with 4 external boomkin innervates even with subpar talents, though.
    Maybe you overlooked the post, but the point is to NOT doublehot. Germinationhealing is mostly from 4p-PROCCS which do not cost any mana. I did some testing with SB too, and yeah you can get a lot of value from it, but the combination of 4p and tearstone make germination better in my opinion, you do that to get value from proccs that would otherwise refresh a new hot. You should just give it a try.

Anyway it depends on the playstyle and your gearing-path too, so maybe you wont get as much because you put more focus on your efflo and you have less mastery. Last but not least having multiple innervates helps but I have seen many logs were people got all the innervates and still didn't parse high. Having infinite mana won't do the job without raidawareness, understanding your gear (especially legendaries) and talentchoices. It's a carefully thought through combination of these things for optimal results.

Cheers
    RestoSpirit
    Last edited by RestoSpirit; 2017-02-12 at 05:50 AM.