Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Since Tier doesn't show up as a token in Personal Loot

Wouldn't it be cool if, when a piece of Tier drops for you, in personal loot, if you could still trade it to people that share the "token" and the tier piece changes to their spec? Had a situation last night where the tier cloak dropped and both paladins and the warlock didn't need it, yet here I was as the lone demon hunter and could have used it.

I think it would be neat to be able to trade the personal-loot tier and have it change.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    I think it would be neat to be able to trade the personal-loot tier and have it change.
    Quote Originally Posted by cetraben View Post
    If you want to control loot, dont use personal loot.
    That's really all there has to be said about this.

7+ Year Old Account
    I agree with you it's a bit stupid, it goes against the trade fix they implemented now that you are force to use personal in pug. i don't pug outside of few normal runs when tier is out for a little chance of extra gear but yeah i have to imagine it's kinda of a shity feeling for people who mostly pug content.

Quote Originally Posted by cetraben View Post
    If you want to control loot, dont use personal loot.
    If they don't want you to be able to trade personal loot they shouldn't let you trade personal loot. They made it possible to trade loot to help spread non-upgrades to people that need it, and tier is no exception, but for some reason it's impossible.

Deleted
    If they don't want you to be able to trade personal loot they shouldn't let you trade personal loot. They made it possible to trade loot to help spread non-upgrades to people that need it, and tier is no exception, but for some reason it's impossible.
    Its possible to trade tier items with PL. But since loot is PL, you get tier items and not tokens so you can never revert them back to the token state that works for multiple classes. Blizzard also cannot make it drop tokens instead. Why? Because every token can in theory titanforge up to 925, and so they would in theory always be untradeable anyway.

Look at it like this. The warlock and the paladins didn't need the 875 tier item when they got it as item. But if it dropped as a token, and it had a chance to be an ilvl 925 item, they would of needed that, so it couldn't be traded!

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    Look at it like this. The warlock and the paladins didn't need the 875 tier item when they got it as item. But if it dropped as a token, and it had a chance to be an ilvl 925 item, they would of needed that, so it couldn't be traded!
    So they should allow the tier item itself to be traded (since it wasn't an upgrade) and it could change to the class it went to. Doesn't that make more sense and fall in line with their purpose of allowing it to be traded?

So they should allow the tier item itself to be traded (since it wasn't an upgrade) and it could change to the class it went to. Doesn't that make more sense and fall in line with their purpose of allowing it to be traded?
    Dont use PL as said? If want loot that badly use PL. If it's a guild that cares about progression go for ML. If it's a casual F&F guild just stay PL. It'll drop sooner or later. Not like it'll make a difference. Also if they could trade it like it was ML. I sure bet you it's gonna be aids having to stack vanq and suchs just to get everyone tier when mains doesn't need anymore even in casual guilds where timmy has 2 chars ready
    These day's Im washed, playing VRchat instead.

Deleted
    It would have to be another item (set items have different item ids between the classes, whereas set token doesn't), and I'd wager that would be a pain in the ass to implement for such a minor benefit. If you're in a situation where most of your raid won't benefit from non wf/tf gear, you're better off switching off from personal loot so you can avoid this kind of situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    PL = no fuss

ML = Able to delegate loot to who needs it

Wouldn't it be cool if, when a piece of Tier drops for you, in personal loot, if you could still trade it to people that share the "token" and the tier piece changes to their spec? Had a situation last night where the tier cloak dropped and both paladins and the warlock didn't need it, yet here I was as the lone demon hunter and could have used it.

You aren't going to get any tokens anyways.

People don't know if it's warforgedtitanforgedRNG until they've used the tokens.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not really sure how this turned into some PL/ML debate. Unless you're going for world first or a seriously competitive realm first or something there's not really a need to use Drama Loot, errr Master Loot, anymore.

On Topic: Yes the way that personal loot handles tier is a little bizarre. Hopefully they'll make it less so in the future. It's pretty obvious that their goal is to eventually make ML a thing of the past.

Deleted
    I think the biggest improvement regarding tier at the moment is WF/TF shows before it is distributed, rather than afterwards.

Deleted
    doesn't master looter also pop already tier item into bags? after it is distributed you have same restriction as with PL (there is blue text, you can trade it but only with same class).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prejumpton View Post
    doesn't master looter also pop already tier item into bags? after it is distributed you have same restriction as with PL (there is blue text, you can trade it but only with same class).
    You get the token, which will become soulbound and not tradable once you use the token.

But I do agree that PL converting tokens to items is... meh... the token still should drop with PL as well. It's personal and yours... Give same restriction as ML/GL tokens and all is golden. Specially that ML is only accessible to guild groups.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2017-02-09 at 12:00 PM.

Deleted
    I don't think it's such a big deal, be grateful we can have PL and it can be traded. Forcing PL in Group Finder was one of the best decisions by Blizzard too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    You get the token, which will become soulbound and not tradable once you use the token.

But I do agree that PL converting tokens to items is... meh... the token still should drop with PL as well. It's personal and yours... Give same restriction as ML/GL tokens and all is golden. Specially that ML is only accessible to guild groups.
    Then get a guild group? If you care enough to want ML for tier get one, or quit it. Pl is PERSONAL, its his PERSONAL item. Its there to stop you from running 30 vanqs to gear mains AND. To stop ppl saying MY BIS trade it now. Either use Ml if you want to give tier. Or dont and complain.

And yes I know you have crossrealm raid. But thats not an excuse the server transfer fee is f all. And if you canot afford that one time. You may have other problems first.
    These day's Im washed, playing VRchat instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanines View Post
    Then get a guild group? If you care enough to want ML for tier get one, or quit it. Pl is PERSONAL, its his PERSONAL item. Its there to stop you from running 30 vanqs to gear mains AND. To stop ppl saying MY BIS trade it now. Either use Ml if you want to give tier. Or dont and complain.

And yes I know you have crossrealm raid. But thats not an excuse the server transfer fee is f all. And if you canot afford that one time. You may have other problems first.
    Wow... Thanks for the... insight.. We are using PL, on bosses what drop tier we use group loot. But was just stating how I feel, but irrelevant - everyone has their opinion. Having tier tokens behave bit differently is fine, however the strict restriction on tier trading with PL seems... meh at best and there are probably other ways to make tokens feel like "personal".

TBH I really wouldn't mind when the token would get converted to an item if you have a tier item from lower difficulty or no tier in that slot, but be awarded the token when you already have a tier from higher difficulty or any tier piece in the slot. They do check for ilvl or make sure you don't 2 same legendaried, so I doubt that it would be rocket science to put that check in - would make more people happier and PL more favorable. That way you can at least help people out. Not like your OS needs a second tier piece with all the primary stat conversions when you spec change.

OT: I raid cross realm with my guild group, cause I lead a group of people who cannot or don't want to transfer due to friends, money needed to port over all of the alts and what not. (People who think like you tick me off (goes for the ones who say that PL forcing on group finder is a godsend), however as am I, so are you entitled to your opinion on the matter). Not gonna force anyone's hand to server transfer and not gonna kick them cause of it. Besides 2 raid night, slowish progression, not much going on outside of raid times is not a selling point what would make random new people to flock in or stick around. Realm restrictions as they are, are getting old anyway with the shard tech and all realms being mashed together in group finder anyway.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2017-02-10 at 07:00 AM.

We have no way of knowing if that would be easy or difficult for them to implement based on the current code of the game. That could substantially increase their design and coding demands on their loot team to tackle a relatively small problem, and would come at the opportunity cost of other good content somewhere in the game. Just seems like something that would end up at the bottom of the pile if it took any resources at all to fix it.

We switched back to ML because of this, and that tier has some really odd trading restrictions under PL anyway. We like PL, you get more gear overall, but not being able to trade tier if you don't want/already have that piece is a big turn off from PL. Should def be something they look at in the future.