Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    a Pomeranian cuddling up to its owner and offering companionship. In fact, one of THE most hard-assed dogs I've ever encountered, was a Pomeranian... Not afraid of ANYTHING he was!
    I love those little poofballs.

There are a lot of pros and cons when it comes to big dogs vs small dogs, but if what you're seeking above all is companionship, smaller dogs do tend to live longer.
    Last edited by AndaliteBandit; 2017-02-14 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I actually want to breed her with another AKC registered Pug.
    Hah. I may not agree with what you're doing, but it's somehow refreshing to see someone so openly ruthless from time to time. You like the way the dog looks and how fun it is to hang around with, so why should you care how poorly the dog feels or how others judge you for breeding it?

If you were my girlfriend, I'd probably dump you. But I would respect you for not trying to hide who you are. For not trying to be someone you aren't. Most people spend too much time pretending to be someone they're not. It gets old.

But guys, I don't think you understand, I have a <insert breed> and I love it.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

They need to change them back to how they looked in the past (and even then their snout was too deformed):

1927:

2017:

Look at that skull:

compared to a healthy sheperd dog:

and a wolf (the original dog)
    Last edited by Kryos; 2017-02-14 at 10:04 AM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post

http://imgur.com/gallery/DVJ7q Have a look at these stellar examples. Tell me, do you think they are cute? Pugs have a future like this if the way they are bred now, specifically for deformity, is not turned around.

What the actual fuck. Poor dogs.

Disgusting that we breed dogs into suffering and sickness. (which I did know was an issue before reading the OP)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

yeah, they shouldn't be bred anymore. all brachycephalic breeds should be forcibly sterilized, and anyone breeding them should be charged with felony animal abuse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    WTF cute.....looks like the brainbug from Starship Troopers

made my day

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post

Look at that skull:
    Dont know why it reminds me Azmodan from Diablo.

So many purebred breeds have an array of health issues - Hip, Elbow and Shoulder Displasha, Panosteitis, Gastic Dilatation-Volvolvus, Dilated Cardiomyopathy, Aortic Stenosi, Spondylolitheses... the list goes on. Brachycephalic breeds is just one that people are singling out now.

The breeding of Huskies, Labradors, German Shepherds or Corgis (and many others) isn't meant with the same criticism, but those breeds have just as many health problems. For instance, German Shepherds, while also being prone to some of the problems listed above, have long been bred now to have a curved spine. Where's the outrage for that? Or where's the outrage for "Dwarf" breeds, which is actually a bone disorder that we keep breeding them to have over and over again.

Just seems hypocritical to me, especially when it comes to Corgis, since it's an internet favorite breed. We don't want to target them or anything, right?
    There's outrage over it. Just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it ain't there. That these breeds have unhealthy standards don't excuse themselves or others to be equally, or more, unhealthy, it's a circular argument.

NONE of the unhealthy breeds should be allowed to be further bred towards those defects. That said, some health problems will always exist because biology just sucks sometimes, but they can be reduced. Breeding for defects will increase them, no matter which dog breed it is.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    yeah, they shouldn't be bred anymore. all brachycephalic breeds should be forcibly sterilized, and anyone breeding them should be charged with felony animal abuse.
    Well I disagree with that, you have healthier strands of both pugs and bulldogs being bred at this very moment. These healthier dogs should be encouraged.

Retromop

Olde English Bulldogge

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Well I disagree with that, you have healthier strands of both pugs and bulldogs being bred at this very moment. These healthier dogs should be encouraged.

Retromop

Olde English Bulldogge
    But these don't look like they are about to die so what's even the point?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    That's just silly, brachycephalic dogs are quite capable of being perfectly healthy. The key is to not overdo it, just a small lengthening of the nose bridge will give the dog entirely normal breathing. It won't be fixed without breeding.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I vote humans stop owning pets entirely for, among other things, those exact sorts of reasons.

Also, my condolences for getting hypothetically dumped on the internet.
    Or at least be forced to undergo some sort of licensing process on all breeders to ensure the well-being and overall health of the breed in the near and distant future. As well as limiting breeding in general by ensuring that all animals who are not going to be bred are spayed and neutered.. There are enough dogs and cats already existing.

Perhaps it is biased, because I depend on my pets for comfort. People are too difficult. Granted, almost all of my pets were rescues who's needs come before mine. They are pretty darn spoiled if I do say so myself. Animals > Children

Quote Originally Posted by Luneir View Post
    Animals > Children
    Weird, I see so much of this sentiment on the internet, and not so much in real life.

Is it just typical internet user misanthropy? Is it just the stereotype of the internet user who can't get into a romantic/sexual situation where kids happen?

I lean towards it being typical internet misanthropy myself, but it's odd how common it is on the web.

So many purebred breeds have an array of health issues - Hip, Elbow and Shoulder Displasha, Panosteitis, Gastic Dilatation-Volvolvus, Dilated Cardiomyopathy, Aortic Stenosi, Spondylolitheses... the list goes on. Brachycephalic breeds is just one that people are singling out now.

The breeding of Huskies, Labradors, German Shepherds or Corgis (and many others) isn't meant with the same criticism, but those breeds have just as many health problems. For instance, German Shepherds, while also being prone to some of the problems listed above, have long been bred now to have a curved spine. Where's the outrage for that? Or where's the outrage for "Dwarf" breeds, which is actually a bone disorder that we keep breeding them to have over and over again.

Just seems hypocritical to me, especially when it comes to Corgis, since it's an internet favorite breed. We don't want to target them or anything, right?
    There's outrage over every single problem with breeding each type of dog. This particular thread is about this problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

I really thought this was about pick up groups and veteran players lmao.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post
    I really thought this was about pick up groups and veteran players lmao.
    At the end this still is a gaming forum, right ?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Weird, I see so much of this sentiment on the internet, and not so much in real life.

Is it just typical internet user misanthropy? Is it just the stereotype of the internet user who can't get into a romantic/sexual situation where kids happen?

I lean towards it being typical internet misanthropy myself, but it's odd how common it is on the web.
    I admit, I am quite the cynic when it comes to people. But more than that, I am just not good with people due to some mental problems, aspies being the predominant issue. I don't think I really have an issue with developing relationships. Progressing is my bigger issue. I think starting relationships is a lot easier when you are a girl, not to be making a bold statement. It's just how things have gone for me. But building on connections has gotten harder and harder as I've gotten older and less inclined to change in order to appease others.

That being said, I am in a long-term relationship currently, that has been off-on for 7 years. Neither of us like kids much. Both of us don't really enjoy that level of responsibility. Arguably the biggest one of all. I can't say I could raise a kid to be a good person. And I can't say I'd really want to pass on some of my mental traits. Or, defects, as some people would call them.

I speak from my own experience, and can't answer for anyone else but myself and experience, I guess.