[7.2 Suggestions] More talents viable for arms and general improvements

Hello, I'm Lawkh, new in this forums as user, veteran as reader, I'm a mythic raider since Pandaria and raiding casual since classic. Sorry for my English, it's not my first language. I've created this account just to share my point of view about how to improve arms warrior.

• Rend: Generates 5 rage per tick, damage increased by 20%.
    • Overpower: Additionally you gain a buff on use: Overpowered colosus-> Next colosus smash will generate 5 rage, stacks 3 times.
    • FR: 30% 1 stack baseline, talented: 3 stacks, 35%dmg, so we can have a rage dump and use other talents in this row.
    • DBTS: 35% 2mincd baseline, trait changing current: Die another day->If you dont parry any atacks during DBTS you reduce it's cd by 30 seconds
    • Bounding Stride: Baseline, substitute: Impending victory: you can use VR every 35seconds reset on kills.
    • Bladestorm: 1min CD, to line up with WB and BC (without AM)
    • Touch of Kazah:Instead of heal, it shields you by 3/6/9% of MS dmg for 10seconds
    • Void Cleave: Applies CS to all targets with 1.5 sec duration on them. (little warbreaker)
    • Mortal Combo: MS Applies Mortal weakness-> You need 2 MS (or 1 execute) to consume Shattered defenses

What do you think? If it's very overpowered Mastery can have it's value reduced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imo:

Rend should be spreadable by cleave giving both a more distinct use in aoe

Overpower could be fine if dauntless was baseline

I like your FR idea

Since warriors are the battle hardened veterans that still gets oneshoted I'd like some kind of cheat death. Each attack that will kill you will take you to 1 HP and grants 3 sec of immunity to damage. 2 min CD.

Bounding stride is OK, nix vote for double time baseline.

Instead of increased bladestorm damage the new 7.2 traits should lower the CD by 10 sec per point.

How about touch of kazak grands you leech like the old WoD talent? Would fit more with the fighter theme.

Your void cleave would be too strong. Instead let sweeping strike spread cs to 3 targets as well.

Mortal combo : slam and ww both have a small chance to activate shattered defense on a critical strike. Less cs Dependance

Deleted
    nerf mastery by 75%

redistribute the damage to abilities

remove Focused Rage and pretend it never ever existed

I agree with several of these, but sadly any major arms talent changes aren't going to happen because Blizzard sees that some of these other talents like MC, OpS, and Overpower are used in SOME pvp builds. So they pat themselves on the back and say that's how it is intended to be. PvE still suffers as a result of PvP and vice versa.

What I at the very least hope for:

-Nerf mastery by 40%, redistribute damage.
    -Buff tactician proc rate by 5%.

This would go a long way to smoothing out arms, and just nerfing mastery and redistributing damage would help both AoE and the RNG swings (arms' biggest frustrations -- which would remain frustrations, but lightened).

The other side of this is that I genuinely believe blizzard honestly looks at all our posts and just reads "weak AoE/bad RNG" and gets a chub because those are "intended weaknesses" -- the fact that from launch to present they haven't tweaked Arms' mastery at all (or dedicated a single post to the mastery/RNG complaints)... that or no one in that company plays an Arms warrior outside of heroic dungeon hero alt and thus doesn't understand the immense frustration and lack of control that comes with playing Arms.
    Last edited by Anbokr; 2017-02-13 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    nerf mastery by 75%

This please

Deleted
    Some solid ideas. I'll contribute some of mine from the official forums:

- Void Cleave (the artifact trait) or Whirlwind spreads Colossus Smash to all additional targets hit, provided one of those already has the CS debuff. Limit it to only be able to spread once per target per original CS debuff to prevent infinite CS refreshing. If you apply a new CS debuff with the actual Colossus Smash ability, then it will spread/refresh on all targets again once you cleave/WW.

- Overriding an existing CS debuff should deal some sort of bonus damage, or provide a temporary buff of sorts; like increased crit damage on next MS or Slam, or give a temporary Haste boost or whatever. Would be an interesting mechanic, since overriding CS debuff does happen fairly often and also involve some player skill to monitor the debuff more closely.

- Avatar baseline ability (why in the flippin' hells is this STILL a talent!?)

- Sweeping Strikes (since they won't make this baseline either); Every additional target hit by Mortal Strike or Execute generates X rage (1, 2, 3?) That would at least somewhat balance out the loss of Dauntless.

- Suggestion I've made multiple times before; Triggering Void Cleave (by hitting 3+ targets) should reduce cooldown on Bladestorm by 1 second (or more).

nerf mastery by 75%

For balance of opinions, no thanks. Legion Arms would be incredibly bland without FR.

Quote Originally Posted by Anbokr View Post
    I agree with several of these, but sadly any major arms talent changes aren't going to happen because Blizzard sees that some of these other talents like MC, OpS, and Overpower are used in SOME pvp builds. So they pat themselves on the back and say that's how it is intended to be. PvE still suffers as a result of PvP and vice versa.

What I at the very least hope for:

-Nerf mastery by 40%, redistribute damage.
    -Buff tactician proc rate by 5%.

This would go a long way to smoothing out arms, and just nerfing mastery and redistributing damage would help both AoE and the RNG swings (arms' biggest frustrations -- which would remain frustrations, but lightened).

The other side of this is that I genuinely believe blizzard honestly looks at all our posts and just reads "weak AoE/bad RNG" and gets a chub because those are "intended weaknesses" -- the fact that from launch to present they haven't tweaked Arms' mastery at all (or dedicated a single post to the mastery/RNG complaints)... that or no one in that company plays an Arms warrior outside of heroic dungeon hero alt.
    Arms Mastery has been an issue since the first alpha builds, constant feedback was given around it and the issues presented. Infact pretty much everyone was touting the stance of ignoring how good mastery was because they were so sure it would be nerfed into the ground and damage would be redistributed.

And well, that never happened despite how long it was in alpha/beta with people giving the same feedback. So I guess it must have been intentional, or they just downright didn't have the manpower/time/care to fix it. Blizzard often comes across as if they are very out of touch with their own design processes, they are so busy with the overall picture that the smaller finer details of individual moving parts becomes an afterthought.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2017-02-12 at 05:38 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Focused rage is the only reason i still play arms, and not fury. Regular 1 ability every GCD rotations are boring as shit, and i really like the fast paced arms rotation.

I do hope they do something about mastery at some point, it's been our by far best stat since WoD, and this makes gearing really annoying.

Also making void cleave spread either rend or apply the current CS debuff to all targets and FR baseline would be the dream. But i don't think any of this will happen.
    Last edited by Atherions; 2017-02-12 at 06:54 PM.

Chiming into the focused rage support club, really like how it's spiced up the rotation, even if it's a bit hard on the hands at times. I'd say the main thing that needs a fix is our secondary stats, both tuning mastery down, and crit up. I've said it before but making crit increase critical strike damage during battle cry, much like many other specs have their 100% crit abilities work, that would fix a lot. That and fixing talents so it's not just one set of them synergizing well together, they need to move stuff around as well as buff/change poor talents so you have things that can actually compete on the same row.

Deleted
    Heroic strike >>>>>>> FR

FR rotation is NOT fast, it's plain spammy.

I've given up on arms after 7.1.5 where nothing was changed and in fact I started to niticing significant decrease in tactician procs...

Fury is much more smoother and fluid AND fast

Heroic strike >>>>>>> FR

FR rotation is NOT fast, it's plain spammy.
    That makes no logical sense, Heroic Strike and FR fill the same role in the rotation.. They are both off-gcd abilities that allow you to bleed excess rage for additional damage. If FR is plain spammy then so was HC Strike by that same comparison, arguably more so the way it played out in MOP. I was a big fan of Heroic Strike, but the only key difference here is that FR adds some thought process and method to the damage increase, where as HS was a simple direct rage = damage conversion.

There was not a drop in tactition procs in 7.1.5, that's a figment of your imagination from one bad night of RNG. We all have them, we all get annoyed and pissed off by them, that doesn't mean the game has changed.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    That makes no logical sense, Heroic Strike and FR fill the same role in the rotation.. They are both off-gcd abilities that allow you to bleed excess rage for additional damage. If FR is plain spammy then so was HC Strike by that same comparison, arguably more so the way it played out in MOP. I was a big fan of Heroic Strike, but the only key difference here is that FR adds some thought process and method to the damage increase, where as HS was a simple direct rage = damage conversion.

There was not a drop in tactition procs in 7.1.5, that's a figment of your imagination from one bad night of RNG. We all have them, we all get annoyed and pissed off by them, that doesn't mean the game has changed.
    then I must have had the worst RNG for 2 weeks... I was not the only one to notice it

10+ Year Old Account
    I am too liking FR. Well yeah I'd like an actual striking animation better, but FR has the benefit that you can stack it while away from the boss. Aside from Heroic throw ever few seconds which does pittyful damage, stacking FR is the best you can do during downtimes.

If you removed offGCD abilities completely, Arms would be a quite boring spec to play. You press less buttons but moreover the whole Rage management would be gone too, taking away one aspect that makes Arms fun. Without FR Rage would be a almost meaningless red bar. So no, I cant understand why everyone wants it gone, cause it would take a great chunk of the fun and skill ceiling away as well.

Personally I dislike Fury. Its rotation is way too sterile. Fantasywise the gameplays should swap since Fury is the fast button mashing berserker, while Arms being a tactician should have a more clean and sterile rotation just like Fury has now. Swap CS with enrage and boom, Gameplay and Class fantasy align. But thats just my opinion.

Fury is just not fun to me, and I picked Arms because of the button mashing. It was a great deal losing Spamstring spamm during Battle Cry and took some fun out of it. Fury is also not fast. You maybe strike faster withg autoattacks and you can use Rampage more often cause of quicker rage gain via haste, but in its core the Rotation stays always the same wheras Arms depends on much RNG, Rage levels, Autohit timing thus making the rotation less predictable.

I've always felt cs has been the bane of arms since it's been added, it needs to be removed.

The removal of rend, overpower and heroic strike (turning it into fr) and making them bullshit talents is utter crap. Sudden death getting shoved onto a random legendary is bullshit.

My suggestion for general improvements is fire who's in charge of warrior design and remove the word prune from blizzard vocabulary.