Necrotic and Leech for Vengeance Demon Hunter

There are lots of leech and leech-ish effect for VengeDH.
    Such as Charred Warblades, Frailty of Spirit Bomb, Cinidaria, Legendary Ring, etc.

Since I am playing in Korea and it is necrotic this week, I have tested every effects at once for my curiosity.
    Sorry for the vid this site just don't let me post any image or youtube links, so if you want to check out for yourself, search "Vengeance Demon Hunter and Necrotic" and click the feed posted by Stillwell KU in Youtube.

In conclusion,
    Charred Warblades doesn't work
    Frailty of Spirit Bomb doesn't work
    Symbiotic Strike of Cinidaria doesn't work
    Of course Soul Cleave doesn't work

Direct Leech works

in leech there are many ways of obtaining.
    Tichondrius Trinket - approximately 20% of leech
    Fragment of the Betrayer's Prison - legendary, 15% of leech when spikes are on
    Healer Trinkets from Violet Hold granting leech to one target(Thalena Drops)
    Soul Rend trait - 50% of leech when metamorphosis is on
    all the random stats of leech

So how to figure out whether your spells/buffs works in Necrotic is this.
    Go to wowhead and search specific spell of your desire.
    Sometimes the spell is triggered by other spells, so try to look 'See Also' to find what you want.
    Check in Effect ; Apply Aura and look for the 'Mod Leech' and there you go.

Have fun in necrotic weeks and glad to have conversations with it.
    Last edited by StillwellKR; 2017-02-10 at 06:34 AM.

Yeah, there have been a lot of other discussions regarding this. One of the main points is whether or not Necrotic is fair amongst all tanking specs; tanks like Demon Hunters that take more damage but have self healing as compensation are clearly hit harder by affixes such as Necrotic. A more "classic" tanking spec that simply avoids/reduces that damage outright while relying less on self healing will generally have a much easier time handling the affix, and certainly without needing to build a set specifically for it.

It's cool that you've listed items/ways to increase your passive/proc'd leech stat, it's just unfortunate that certain classes may feel the need to resort to that to be even remotely competitive.

The only strength I feel we've got over others when it comes to Necrotic is our mobility and how quickly we can leap away, along with how relatively easy it is for us to kite.

I'd argue DH is absolutely fine in Necrotic with 4pc; the high rate of parry/dodge reduces Necrotic intake by ~40-50%, and being able to leech heal through it with Fragment + Soul Rending is pretty ideal. I've tanked well into 50-60 stacks without dying in an 11 Arcway pre 7.1.5.

For alliance DH, please note - shadowmeld can drop all necrotic stacks instantly.