Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There's literally no way to enforce this. The party of 12 would just take up three tables of 4, and still be served. And the rest of your complaints basically boil down to "I don't like other people, and I want to whine that other people exist in public spaces", and frankly, that's not THEIR problem, it's YOURS. If you don't like restaurants, cook at home.
    But every time I try cooking at home, I set thee stove on fire!

Actually, I agree with you. And no, I really do not set the stove on fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Restaurants should refuse to serve self-centred right-wing blowhards who wear welding goggles and come in alone.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    As the topic states, I think restaurants should not accept parties of more than 4 people. Nothing pisses me off more than when a group of 12 come into a restaurant. This means they often have to rearrange tables to accommodate them, and it causes everyone else to have to wait even more because they take up the tables space that 3 other small groups couldve had causing everyone else to have to wait longer.

Additionally, when large parties come in, it takes additional staff to serve them creating shittier service for other people (longer waits for drink refills if they ever do come to give you one, longer time to wait for dessert order, longer wait for the bill, and longer wait for receipt).

Large groups of people are also loud causing audible disturbances to everyone around them because they feel the need to shout from one end of the table to the other to talk to each other, and lastly they almost always want serparate checks (takes too much of the server's time) for everyone and rarely leave a good tip (which is why some restaurants demand a gratuity for parties of 8 or more (which should also be illegal because tips are voluntary and you arent allowed to charge different people different prices for the same thing. They are paying more for the same food as the people next to them just because they want to sit together)
    large groups tend to eat more and consumer much more alcohol then small groups 2-4 thats why if restaurants could choose they would gladly toss all others out and invite only big parties

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Except place like Carrabbas dont take reservations
    Carrabbas most certainly does take reservations for large groups.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Well that is a random thing to be angry and offended about. While it might be annoying it takes a 'special' kind of person to seriously demand that the whole world caters only to them.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Well that is a random thing to be angry and offended about. While it might be annoying it takes a 'special' kind of person to seriously demand that the whole world caters only to them.
    It's Orlong, he uses the superbowl commercials to generate a list of companies to boycott. When you live in your parents basement you tend to get get annoyed by the smallest of things.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Maybe they should solve the problem by just refusing to serve Orlong.
    my thoughts exactly. I'll take 30 loud drunk party goers over one Orlong any day.

That feeling when you already know the OP before you open the thread.

Scriptwriters: you've mastered this rhetoric, try your hand at a new attitude
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    Sounds like a good way to lose a lot of money. So yeah, not gonna happen.
    The idea of no Democrats or Republicans in US restaurants makes me want to return for a holiday. I guess i can put up with having some Green Party members present

Oorlong, you should ask your God and Savior, the magnificent and benevolent ruler of the modern world Donald Trump to issue an order dictating exactly that. Would not be the most retarded thing that clown has done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    As the topic states, I think restaurants should not accept parties of more than 4 people. Nothing pisses me off more than when a group of 12 come into a restaurant. This means they often have to rearrange tables to accommodate them, and it causes everyone else to have to wait even more because they take up the tables space that 3 other small groups couldve had causing everyone else to have to wait longer.

Additionally, when large parties come in, it takes additional staff to serve them creating shittier service for other people (longer waits for drink refills if they ever do come to give you one, longer time to wait for dessert order, longer wait for the bill, and longer wait for receipt).

Large groups of people are also loud causing audible disturbances to everyone around them because they feel the need to shout from one end of the table to the other to talk to each other, and lastly they almost always want serparate checks (takes too much of the server's time) for everyone and rarely leave a good tip (which is why some restaurants demand a gratuity for parties of 8 or more (which should also be illegal because tips are voluntary and you arent allowed to charge different people different prices for the same thing. They are paying more for the same food as the people next to them just because they want to sit together)
    Why not allow business' the right to refuse service to anyone... Oh wait. They already do.

It's just no business is dumb enough to turn down what is probably going to end up being a 200$+ payout. Also, there's nothing stopping them from preventing parties of 4+ from going there. They just lose business and are affected by the free market, just like those business' that refuse to serve LGBT or muslims.

Oh... Did I turn your conservative logic against you? Oh no...
    Last edited by Manabomb; 2017-02-11 at 09:19 PM.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Why though? Whats the difference between 3 parties of 4 and 1 party of 12? What revenue is lost?

OT no, what a silly notion.
    Large groups tend to tip much better than small groups. In small groups one person might tip for the table and think that 10-15 is good. In large groups typically everyone tips alone and takes into consideration the fact that they required more effort from their server.

OT: No, this is a really stupid suggestion. Just stay home.

ITT: Orlong needed attention and something inane to rage about.

OT: Ask to be seated elsewhere or don't eat at low-quality restaurants where large parties are allowed to be loud and disruptive. I'm sure you can do better than Applebee's, Orlong.

15+ Year Old Account
    A thread where the title is basically whining about something that mildly inconveniences someone, and how that mild inconvenience needs to be banned.

How did I know it was going to be Orlong before I even clicked on it?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    Large groups tend to tip much better than small groups. In small groups one person might tip for the table and think that 10-15 is good. In large groups typically everyone tips alone and takes into consideration the fact that they required more effort from their server.

OT: No, this is a really stupid suggestion. Just stay home.
    The other thing that often happens in a large group is that the bill gets pooled and then split evenly. This gives everyone an incentive to order expensively, since the marginal cost to themselves of doing so is low. Tragedy of the Commons for the (restaurant's) win.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Restaurants should refuse to serve self-centred right-wing blowhards who wear welding goggles and come in alone.
    The image alone is hilarious.

Do you know how many corporate meals are had in restaurants? Even birthdays or celebratory events? Do you know how much money would be lost? Each Friday my company goes out for dinner, 10 or more of us usually. I do think if you come with a large party it's respectful to make a reservation, but not mandatory. Restaurants would lose so much business limiting customers.

Funny seeing someone for business regulation.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

As someone that's getting ready for work (as a setup cook in a restaurant no less) thanks for providing me with a good laugh. Also, since it's Saturday, a 30-40 top wouldn't be unusual...

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sazabius View Post
    As someone that's getting ready for work (as a setup cook in a restaurant no less) thanks for providing me with a good laugh. Also, since it's Saturday, a 30-40 top wouldn't be unusual...
    I honestly think the beauty of the OP is that it was created by someone who has called other people "liberal cuck special snowflakes" before.

Got a big ol' Iron E in this thread.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.