Mythic Krosus. Looking to get better.

Hey everyone. My guild and I have been doing progress on krosus but we're lacking DPS in general. I for one is one of the guys pulling us down and I want to change that. Current issue I know of is low mastery. I personally think I'm doing my rotation right. But there might be minor issues to be found. If anyone got the time and want to, can you look through my Krosus logs and see What I'm doing wrong?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done
    Because Signatures makes a diffrence.

I compared your logs (your 4 minute attempt) side by side with a 95% shadow priest from my server whose guild has killed Krosus (their kill was exactly 6 mins so its fairly easy to compare) and you're basically right in line with him as far as the rotation goes. You're literally neck and neck right down the the 2 procs of Twist of Fate (obviously his was up 100% after Krosus hit 35). The only real difference I can see is you've got a bit of a gap after your 2 min voidform ends before you get the next one back up. Can't tell what caused the delay but that shouldn't be make or break anything. Also, he uses VT on adds and you're not so there's a bit of difference there.

The real difference is the gear. Your mastery level is terrible. It's barely over half his. And he still gets in just as many DoT ticks as you so the extra 2000 haste isn't really doing anything for you.

Also, Mythic Krosus and the other DPS checks in NH are really made for 54 trait weapons. There's all kinds of 35's and 37's and 41's among your dps. If you want to progress in Mythic NH your guild really needs to get out and farm the mythic +'s.
    Last edited by Nephthysis; 2017-02-13 at 12:37 AM.

Hello there. Thank you for doing this! I much appriciate it. I did expect it to not be a rotational issue. but a Mastery issue (and m+ spam) but Its nice to have it confirmed. I've been hunting mastery for some time now but the items just wont drop. Ill keep chasing and tell my Raid Leader that he can bench me for krosus progression as I wont be able to meet the current requirements. Thanks you again for the help mate.

Run nightbane and heroic helya to get a mastery stat stick.

875 nightbane trinket better than 895 Star Gate? Sims says no. but I dont know.
    Because Signatures makes a diffrence.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon12dk View Post
    Star Gate is the lowest rated trinket in actual gameplay. I'd say the sims are off on that one, but I don't know for sure. There is not a single (public) log of anyone using it on a Krosus kill at any rate.

I'd venture to say that it falls into the Plaguehive category. It might be good once your other stats are in order, but the stats need to come first.

Shadow's damage is also tied to how bad you are at add spawns. The more adds you can dot up and get away with spawning without your raid dying or wiping, the higher your DPS will look.

Our single target though is just not the greatest, but if you make it to the <35% mark and have a good PI, your DPS will go up and look way better than these early wipes you are having.

Yeah, try playing instead of just going with Sims liked most people greatly too.

Spriest should do between 560k and 600k on m krosus.

Deleted
    Use first PI 3 gcds earlier, it is currently overlapping with running out for the first soak.
    Disperse as you run for them to keep 1st VF up 6s longer and also prevent dmg from soaking.
    5th VF should be a repeat of the first, open with torrent after bolt spam, PI on 15 stacks.
    Snipe adds with swd more, I only use swp as im running to the correct position then swd snipe.
    Vform uptime is 5% below par, more maybe due to your relative haste%.
    We also only on par to get 5 torrents in on your 4minute long parse, should be 6 total.
    Pretty sure I would use 875 mastery stat stick here too, close though, so yeah get more mastery. I assume 375 mastery food.
    No augment rune on.
    Last edited by mmoce6cdec159e; 2017-02-18 at 03:01 AM.

lol. that is why you're having issues.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crysake View Post
    lol. that is why you're having issues.
    Why is the long-praised Simulationcraft lying to us then? It clearly shows Star Gate 895 to be better than 875. Even shadow priest trinket list has Star Gate ranked higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    Why is the long-praised Simulationcraft lying to us then? It clearly shows Star Gate 895 to be better than 875. Even shadow priest trinket list has Star Gate ranked higher.
    tell me more

Quote Originally Posted by Crysake View Post
    tell me more

Did you just link a chart that shows that you're incorrect and and a snarky comment?

Quote Originally Posted by hikamiro View Post
    Did you just link a chart that shows that you're incorrect and and a snarky comment?
    not sure what you're on about but the chart clearly shows that mastery stat stick 875 is on par with 890 star gate. considering that star gate's procs are shit and unreliable, and the fact that stat stick gives raw int + mastery, where the latter is absolutely bis for shadow priests, i am not wrong, not at all.