Problem (bug?) tanking Mythic Cenarius after 7.1.5

Hello,

I can't find an answer about this, during progress I could blow my cooldowns to minimize the spear ground aoe and as a result it always ended up being very small radius.

But since 7.1.5 I'd say, while even being a lot more overgeared (905 equipped), whenever I take the spear, it'll always grow incredibly fast, covering the entire room. No matter what I use, I tried popping every single cd to test, Metamorphosis, armor pot, fiery brand, 30% demon spikes, 8% dmg reduction from versatility, empower wards, darkmoon armor 865 trinket, maxed armor from traits, and it still expanded to the whole room. I can't link logs as my guild logs are kept private right now, but I'm just wondering, has anyone experienced the same issue post 7.1.5? Maybe some weird interaction with the new meta armor change? I don't know.

This is my armory if it can help: Astonìshing
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

Quote Originally Posted by Phosphate View Post
    So, I don't think this is widely known knowledge about Cenarius, but P2's "Spear of Nightmares" is affected by P1's "Nightmare Blast".

What this means is that if you have a stack or two of Nightmare Blast, equating to 100-200% increased damage from Nightmare Blast, Spear of Nightmare acts as Nightmare Blast in P2. So effectively, you already have two stacks of Spear of Nightmare already on and you get hit by the first spear for 200%, that's a 24million unmitigated hit (akin to M Odyn). Tank switching should eliminate the issue if this is the case.

We found this as our pally tank was doing the same thing - he was taking all the Nightmare Blasts because he's a little paladin playa, but would then spawn these full-room Nightmare patches when hit by the first spear, we tested on his Brewmaster as well. Once we had the off-tank taking first spear, it cleared up immediately.

Can't really think of anything else nor have I heard anything on the discords about DH specific bugs. Hope it helps!
    I see, that makes a lot of sense. So basically we missed a tank swap after we start phase 3.
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

Quote Originally Posted by Phosphate View Post
    Yeah pretty much. Took us a while to figure it out as the debuff synergy isn't listed anywhere in the dungeon journal.
    It's a pretty dumb mechanic, honestly. They clearly designed it so that instead of implementing a new ability they just transform an existing one (similar to our Chaos Strike to Annihilation) without putting any reference to this in the DJ. It's totally understandable to be confused by this -- Vengeance is already one of the more difficult tanks to play in P2 in terms of reducing the damage of spear, as we have fewer large defensive cooldowns to rely on.

It's better now, but tanking this before the change to Meta was even worse. Meta was effectively "Last Stand" and increased your Max HP... and that was it. It did absolutely nothing to reduce the damage (and thus the ground coverage) of Spear, meaning outside of keeping up Spikes all you could do was Fiery Brand one time. After that, it's just shouting for externals. Man, that sucked on Mythic.